New BMW Monday

bruh, get the 335 and chip it :smokin . I would love to get a e46 m3 with the decline in price they have had lately. But I'll just play myself and end up paying a leg and an arm on maintenance without warranty

The thought of the repair bills on an e46 M3 :x Old car technically and who knows how the previous driver drove it.

My pops gave me his 1995 M3 as a gift and had it shipped from Maryland to Los Angeles. Not a fan of the newer models but the simple designs of the '95 e36 just did it for me :smokin:smokin

Actually it'll be used but new to me.... My mind is kinda made up i'm looking for neutral opinions. I'm deciding between a 2010 335i Xdrive and a 2010 328i Xdrive. Both have similar miles on them both are similarly priced (the 328 is $3k less) and both are under warranty. My question is with the sport mode on the 328 is really worth paying more for the 335? Other than the speed am i getting anything else with the 335 other than higher bills for maintenance?

I like the way the 335 looks over the 328 and the 335 is faster so I'd go 335.

A few questions:

How long do you plan on keeping the car?

How long is the warranty? For example, is the warranty up in 2013-2014?

I'm assuming you are financing? Will you still be making payments when the warranty is over?

Depending on your answers, leasing a 2013 may be a better option than buying the 2010

Last edited:

A few questions:

How long do you plan on keeping the car?

How long is the warranty? For example, is the warranty up in 2013-2014?

I'm assuming you are financing? Will you still be making payments when the warranty is over?

Depending on your answers, leasing a 2013 may be a better option than buying the 2010

[COLOR=#red]Not to sound like an a**hat or anything, but to be honest most of what people think they know about BMWs is regurgitated stuff they read on message boards and overall hearsay. So here is some first hand info from a person that has bought two used Bimmers and have never had one breakdown (so far at least :lol: )

1. The ending of the 4 year warranty IS NOT the kiss of death...you can get an extended warranty either through BMW or a reputable 3rd party.
2. As important as the Warranty is the BMW maintenance plan. The modern BMWs only require an annual oil change and that is consistent with the warranty (meaning your warranty will not be voided following their annual oil change schedule). Also the Maintenance plan can be renewed. My BMW had one owner and he/she got the extended MAint plan and it is transferable to the new owner (Thank Goodness).
3. The High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) deal that everybody seems to be worried about is covered under a 10 yr 100k warranty. This is for the 2007's and 2008's which had most of the problems so if there is a problem you will not have to come out of pocket unless you are over 100k.
4. BMW engines especially the Inline 6/Straight 6 (BMW doesn't do V6's) will themselves last for a very long time. My 1993 525i got more than 200k miles on it when I was done with it. You may however have to replace a water pump, radiator, or other peripheral, but the engine itself is a tank.
5. On the newer BMW's the maintenance records are recorded on the key fob. What does this mean? By all means if you are planning on buying a used Bimmer even if it's CPO, try to get it over to a BMW dealership and have them scan the key. They can tell you if proper maintenance was done on schedule.

Also be EXTRA careful buying any 335, 535, X 3.5, basically any of the Turbo engines, because people usually chip them and run them into the ground because of their tuning potential. They can remove all traces of the chip upgrade and have the ECU flashed to make it seem like it was never chipped. In this aspect the 328 might be the safest pick...nobody really modding those.

Any other questions feel free to ask.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Not to sound like an a**hat or anything, but to be honest most of what people think they know about BMWs is regurgitated stuff they read on message boards and overall hearsay. So here is some first hand info from a person that has bought two used Bimmers and have never had one breakdown (so far at least :lol: )

1. The ending of the 4 year warranty IS NOT the kiss of death...you can get an extended warranty either through BMW or a reputable 3rd party.
2. As important as the Warranty is the BMW maintenance plan. The modern BMWs only require an annual oil change and that is consistent with the warranty (meaning your warranty will not be voided following their annual oil change schedule). Also the Maintenance plan can be renewed. My BMW had one owner and he/she got the extended MAint plan and it is transferable to the new owner (Thank Goodness).
3. The High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) deal that everybody seems to be worried about is covered under a 10 yr 100k warranty. This is for the 2007's and 2008's which had most of the problems so if there is a problem you will not have to come out of pocket unless you are over 100k.
4. BMW engines especially the Inline 6/Straight 6 (BMW doesn't do V6's) will themselves last for a very long time. My 1993 525i got more than 200k miles on it when I was done with it. You may however have to replace a water pump, radiator, or other peripheral, but the engine itself is a tank.
5. On the newer BMW's the maintenance records are recorded on the key fob. What does this mean? By all means if you are planning on buying a used Bimmer even if it's CPO, try to get it over to a BMW dealership and have them scan the key. They can tell you if proper maintenance was done on schedule.

Also be EXTRA careful buying any 335, 535, X 3.5, basically any of the Turbo engines, because people usually chip them and run them into the ground because of their tuning potential. They can remove all traces of the chip upgrade and have the ECU flashed to make it seem like it was never chipped. In this aspect the 328 might be the safest pick...nobody really modding those.

Any other questions feel free to ask.
[/COLOR]

Can you explain a little more on the warranty and maintenance plan? Is annual Oil change the only thing maintenance covers?

Thinking about the 328. I like the 335 because of the turbo and the dual exhaust gives it a nice look, but wonder if its worth spending a few more K.

You typed a lot of info, which is cool and all because the more info OP has to make his decision, the better. This also reminds me, having a turbo(on the 335) is one more thing that you have to worry about having problems with. Turbos don't last 200,000 miles like many engines do.

OP, may not want to answer all those questions that I put out there but I'd just advise him to make sure that the car is under warranty at least until he is done paying for it.

Not to be an ***hat either but the way you are tossing up the 328i and 335i and they way you talk about their differences kinda gives a hint that youre new to this.

Get the 328i. You'll be more than satisfied.

Not to be an ***hat either but the way you are tossing up the 328i and 335i and they way you talk about their differences kinda gives a hint that youre new to this.

Get the 328i. You'll be more than satisfied.

[COLOR=#red]Edit: My bad bro. Misread that on my phone. Picasso Swerve if you don't mind could you edit out my response in your quote? [/COLOR]

Last edited:

A few questions:

How long do you plan on keeping the car? Past the life of the loan which is 4 years, need to eliminate a monthly payment to get a condo/home

How long is the warranty? For example, is the warranty up in 2013-2014? For the 335 the Warranty is expires in 11 months/7200 miles for the 328 it has 14 months/5800 miles but the 328 I can by an extended warranty for 24months/24k miles and the cost will still come out less than the 335. The extended warranty is $2100

I'm assuming you are financing? Will you still be making payments when the warranty is over? Yes

Last edited:
I graduate in May. Thinking about picking up an 04 645 for 17K as a gift to myself. Am I bugging?

Meh , go for it. NT always seems concerned about the negatives of your car purchases, but good or bad they're your mistakes to make. I might cop a 550i this year, always had a thing for those in deep sea blue.

Last edited:
This dude here
laugh.gif
I can almost guarantee I know as much or even more about BMW engines than you do.
Was referring to OP bruh.

My bad, terrible wording.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
EWD pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Just do your research/due diligence and you will have a great car either way.

BTW any update pics of your 5 EWD?

TBH it sounds like you really can't afford either. I'd recommend leasing a fuel efficient and well equipped economy car like a Focus or Chevy Malibu for dirt cheap. Like $180 a month, $0 down cheap
What made it sound like he can't afford either? Can't tell if this is sarcasm or you just talking out of your *****

TBH it sounds like you really can't afford either. I'd recommend leasing a fuel efficient and well equipped economy car like a Focus or Chevy Malibu for dirt cheap. Like $180 a month, $0 down cheap
What made it sound like he can't afford either? Can't tell if this is sarcasm or you just talking out of your *****

it does sound like he's talking out his ***. Probably going of the fact that OP is asking in the first place which one to get

it does sound like he's talking out his ***. Probably going of the fact that OP is asking in the first place which one to get
???

If you read my post I didn't ask which one to get, I asked other than power/performance what other advantages does the 335 have over the 328.

Last edited:
Actually it'll be used but new to me.... My mind is kinda made up i'm looking for neutral opinions. I'm deciding between a 2010 335i Xdrive and a 2010 328i Xdrive. Both have similar miles on them both are similarly priced (the 328 is $3k less) and both are under warranty. My question is with the sport mode on the 328 is really worth paying more for the 335? Other than the speed am i getting anything else with the 335 other than higher bills for maintenance?
If speed isn't what you're looking for then it wouldn't be worth the extra $3k, in my opinion...

Da hemi >>>>

Side note: why yambs think a sense of entitlement comes with a Lexus is250 or a 328.. aren't those entry level, moderately priced whips?

come on all they see is lexus or bmw

basically broads dont know the difference at all :lol:

as a dude with da 335i id say just go for the 328 OP since it seems like you dont really care about the performance cheaper and you dont gotta worry about as much too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom