New BMW Monday

EWD pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Just do your research/due diligence and you will have a great car either way.

BTW any update pics of your 5 EWD?

[COLOR=#red]Bro, I'm still as stock as they come. Haven't even gotten my windows tinted yet. Only "upgrade" were a full set of new tires. Got the Potenza 970 Pole Position Ultra High Perfomance tires and they are rated among the best performing All-seasons, can tell the difference too with handling, braking, and traction. A HUGE improvement over the Eagle RSAs.

Tires are actually the most important upgrade, it's so a** backwards to see peeps with $4k rims sitting on bald, worn tires. After I graduate grad school I may use BMWs recent grad program to get me an F10 5 series so I'll probably just save any money going into mods and wait till I get the new one.

Full disclosure: My 2010 Nissan Maxima SV Sport on Yokohoma YK580 tires handles better than my 5 Series even though it was a FWD...had almost as much power too...it got a bad rap because of the CVT transmission, but that car was a BEAST [/COLOR]

Last edited:
M3 is still a 3 series. I wouldnt be mad. Its not like you had a 7 series and they compared a 328 to it.

:smh: a 3 series =/= a M3. Slap yourself now please.

A 3 series is like an M3's adopted sister.

But anyways, all this non-sense maintenance talk about how expensive it is to maintain a BMW or any other Euro, either:
a) Never owned one.
b) drove his car like a maniac.
c) never did scheduled maintenance
d) owned a lemon.
e) too much of a girl to learn a how to do a simple DIY
f) Google is your friend, there are plenty of websites that sells OEM and 3rd party parts for cheap
g) went to the StealerShip for everything, including filling up their windshield wiper fluid

:smh: a 3 series =/= a M3. Slap yourself now please.

A 3 series is like an M3's adopted sister.

But anyways, all this non-sense maintenance talk about how expensive it is to maintain a BMW or any other Euro, either:
a) Never owned one.
d) owned a lemon.
f) Google is your friend, there are plenty of websites that sells OEM and 3rd party parts for cheap
g) went to the StealerShip for everything, including filling up their windshield wiper fluid

LOL thats alot of points famb.

BTW it's monday, where your car OP???

Last edited:
a) Never owned one.
d) owned a lemon.

That's an extremely huge generalization but okay.

M3 is a 3 series doggie. No different than someone that cant tell a base Camaro to a ZL1 or a vette to a ZR1.

Actually it'll be used but new to me.... My mind is kinda made up i'm looking for neutral opinions. I'm deciding between a 2010 335i Xdrive and a 2010 328i Xdrive. Both have similar miles on them both are similarly priced (the 328 is $3k less) and both are under warranty. My question is with the sport mode on the 328 is really worth paying more for the 335? Other than the speed am i getting anything else with the 335 other than higher bills for maintenance?
If speed isn't what you're looking for then it wouldn't be worth the extra $3k, in my opinion...
umm da handling is better too.

Same for the Benz C63. Its still a C Class with a C quality interior.

What used to annoy me because I have a CLK is when anybody would call the CLK a C, when its really a E Class.

your paying for the extra HP, ive driven both 335i & 328i handling is exactly the same. When you jump into the M3 is when you see a significant change in handling.

As far as owning a 335i, Ive had one since they 1st dropped in 2006 and still have it 2 yrs out of warranty. Only thing major that I needed after the warranty expred was to replace something in the left side of the suspension both front and rear, that went faulty after I lost control in the snow and jumped the curb. HPFP is still under warranty and got changed for me at 60k miles... Im currently at 66k on my '07 335i and I still love driving it like day 1. Treat her good and it will respect you and your pockets.

why is it that NT doesn't respect performance oriented cars? those cars aren't made to

bolster luxurious features..they're made to slap factory derived performance enhancements to platforms

that already exist to cater to da enthusiasts...da extra money you spend on a c63 isn't gonna be obvious

to a car novice, same way da ZL1 got magnetic ride control thats a HUGE upgrade to da regular camaro

but to superficial people those enhancements are invisible. you have to actually care about your car and its drive

to want it, which is reserved to people that actually know about cars...this is why da base models sells da most because

most people use cars as a appliance..dunno **** about it and just replace or repair it when it brakes.

why is it that NT doesn't respect performance oriented cars? those cars aren't made to

bolster luxurious features..they're made to slap factory derived performance enhancements to platforms

that already exist to cater to da enthusiasts...da extra money you spend on a c63 isn't gonna be obvious

to a car novice, same way da ZL1 got magnetic ride control thats a HUGE upgrade to da regular camaro

but to superficial people those enhancements are invisible. you have to actually care about your car and its drive

to want it, which is reserved to people that actually know about cars...this is why da base models sells da most because

most people use cars as a appliance..dunno **** about it and just replace or repair it when it brakes.

and what's the problem with that? Most people need a reliable car to get from point a to b and safe at the same time. Not everyone is taking their car to the track

and what's the problem with that? Most people need a reliable car to get from point a to b and safe at the same time. Not everyone is taking their car to the track
thats fine, so people need to stop sucking off bimmers then, cuz those were always catered to enthusiasts from its roots.

thats fine, so people need to stop sucking off bimmers then, cuz those were always catered to enthusiasts from its roots.

well tell that to the millions of people who drive it daily.

I've always enjoyed previous generation Evos. And when I was 16-17 I really thought about buying a new IX , purely for performance. If I put 1/4 of the money it cost to own the M into the IX , it would be absolutely ridiculous .

But, to sit in the front seat of my M everyday, and just feel the quality of the entire car (in whole) , along with the performance. I wouldn't give it up for a 1500hp Daily Driver Evo.
"quality" is subjective, performance is absolute.

your paying for the extra HP, ive driven both 335i & 328i handling is exactly the same. When you jump into the M3 is when you see a significant change in handling.
Exactly.

That may be true for Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, and cars in that class, but for the higher luxury cars, like BMW, Audi, and Mercedes, people are buying base models because they can't afford anything more.  They just want the car for its name.  There's no way you're buying a 328i over a 335i because of the few extra MPGs you get.  If you're worried about gas mileage then these aren't the cars for you, at least not yet...

this is why euro cars use alpha numeric Nomenclature, to breed ambiguity between da higher priced models and da base models..

american cars conversely are pretty blunt when it comes to letting you know if you got da base model, "hemi" cars are a perfect example.

this is why euro cars use alpha numeric Nomenclature, to breed ambiguity between da higher priced models and da base models..

american cars conversely are pretty blunt when it comes to letting you know if you got da base model, "hemi" cars are a perfect example.
And Chevy using LS, LT, LTZ, Z06, and ZR1 is a perfect example of how they're doing exactly what you're accusing European automakers of doing.  All automakers do it, American ones just put words on it, like "Big Horn Edition," to make you feel a little more special...

And Chevy using LS, LT, LTZ, Z06, and ZR1 is a perfect example of how they're doing exactly what you're accusing European automakers of doing.  All automakers do it, American ones just put words on it, like "Big Horn Edition," to make you feel a little more special...
acroynums =/= alphanumeric labeling..

LT = luxury touring vs things like Q45 which have no meaning whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom