New Footlocker discount policy

There is a way around everything ... that's 15 years of hustle talking
smile.gif

well i must say... looks like dude gonna have to do a raffle to use discounts from now on
laugh.gif

That is what they do at Niketown's. Only a few pairs get raffled to employee's to purchase with their employee discounts. Then you have to waituntil Monday to use "EP". +*** never lasts 'cause all the beasts show up to NT's.

Luckily, we had Swoosh (I still do
smokin.gif
), but the wait time (
sick.gif
). "Camping" out on your cpu in the comfort of your own home to get40% off of Jordans> Camping out on the street and paying retail,
laugh.gif

Only downside to Swoosh is no LS or Limited releases. Oh yeah, no discounts on the Countdown Packs,
smh.gif
. Luckily the only LS I liked was the Cool GreyIII's (Only shoe that I have paid retail for
ohwell.gif
). Missed out on theIV/XIX, V/XVIII and XI/XII packs...refused to pay retail.

Yeah, people with big mouths ruin it for everyone. Nike reads this board, it was no surprise that they tightened the belt on Swoosh discounts when peopleposted their loopholes to get around Swoosh's one per household policy.

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Thanks to all the idiots who abused it...because Footlocker has finally taken action. Effective 5-30-09, any release date shoe can only have 20% of it's total sales be employee sales. That means if a store gets 36 pairs of a shoe, only 6 can be sold with a employee discount. If that store has 9 employees, it looks like 3 would be screwed. It dosen't matter if it is a employee from a different store, different division, etc, 6 employees TOTAL. If a store gets 18 pairs, the total would be 3(they are rounding down) Also, there will be NO military discount allowed and NO coupons allowed AT ALL on any release date product.
FL can eat *@*%.

Typical of them, cheapskates and overpriced ones at that.

Ehh im basically the only person in my store that is into sneakers LIKE THAT so imma alwaysbee able to get release day products on my discount in my store
pimp.gif
. This is just gunna suck when i have to go into another store to cop something on release day and theiremployees use up the limit
tired.gif

its whatever to me tho, still got that swoosh account ondeck
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I highly doubt the amount of discounts being used had a "material" effect on the financial standing of footlocker.

Originally Posted by The Genesis

Ehh im basically the only person in my store that is into sneakers LIKE THAT so imma always bee able to get release
you should bee a good friend and lemme knowwhats good with the rest of those discounts

well that means some of the people who cop shoes just because they can use an employee discount wont and i doubt those people are going to pay retail. so saleswill take more of a hit

Originally Posted by iTalk

Great initiative by FL. Employees were ODing

Employee's were getting greedy, i think the military discount thing won't apply all the time depending on the manager and the store.

I don't think you all realize the reason they limited it this way is abuse by management to get numbers. not cuz employees overuse there discount. I can;ttell of anyone that uses there 30% anyhow unless the put something on layaway and then take it off at the 50(which they are chickenhawking now)

it was far to easy to abuse F and F, 50, and militaries for sheer S3 gains so the store has an appearance of doing well.

ever had someone tell you they can give you a pack of socks for free, or cleaners and %*#. yeah thats what they are doing, your paying for it, just discounted.

at the end of the day, I really don't feel this will make much of a difference and will soon be forgotten about just like any other stupid policy they havetried in the past year or so.

FINL's 3 discounts per store only lasted during the CDP's.

For the DMP 2 and the Nubucks there is no per store limit, but there is one discount per employee policy.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I don't think you all realize the reason they limited it this way is abuse by management to get numbers. not cuz employees overuse there discount. I can;t tell of anyone that uses there 30% anyhow unless the put something on layaway and then take it off at the 50(which they are chickenhawking now)

it was far to easy to abuse F and F, 50, and militaries for sheer S3 gains so the store has an appearance of doing well.

ever had someone tell you they can give you a pack of socks for free, or cleaners and %*#. yeah thats what they are doing, your paying for it, just discounted.

at the end of the day, I really don't feel this will make much of a difference and will soon be forgotten about just like any other stupid policy they have tried in the past year or so.

this man knows his stuff, and yes this is official, e-mails were sent out by the NYO(new york office), no military discount is to be given on release dateproduct aswell, or copouns. It also has been a rule, but more enforced now, no exchanging items for release date product as well. So no more buying stuff onthe 50 then "losing" your receipt for the new release!

Originally Posted by rodster831

I'll just wait then,
Not like I buy jordans often anyways

it's not just on release day, it's for the longevity of the release product in the store.

lemme get this str8....
so it only effects kix that are newly released?????

kinda off the subject but are the griffeys volts eligiable for military discount yet???

Maybe a little unrelated, but I've got a scenario. Between Finishline and Footlocker/FootAction/Champs, prices for the same shoes and clothing may vary.Something that is on sale for 60 at Finishline may be over 100 at FootAction. If someone were to buy the thing for 60 at Finishline, "lose" hisreceipt, and return it to FootAction (or any store that may not actually carry that specific shoe, but sells it online), could he get 100 dollars worth ofexchange value or gift card? Also, I was never really sure about this, but is a Footlocker gift card good at Champs or Foot Action?

man i got this news from my connect like 2 hours ago i almost cried.... i hope this becomes somethin of the past and fast i def was ODing on discounts like iworked there lol.

Back
Top Bottom