New HBO series "Ballers" starring The Rock

The most unrealistic thing about this show was the Marlins game. 

Nobody cares about the Marlins. 
laugh.gif

The same way i felt about ballers was the same way i felt about all the HBO 30 mins shows that got cancelled that i liked

Hung - such an easy watch
How to Make It In America - actually really liked this show like a lot
Bored to Death
East Bound and Down

Just shows that will make me laugh and not have a too intricate plot line. But aren't episode comedies like Flight of the Concords or Curb.

The same way i felt about ballers was the same way i felt about all the HBO 30 mins shows that got cancelled that i liked

Hung - such an easy watch
How to Make It In America - actually really liked this show like a lot
Bored to Death
East Bound and Down

Just shows that will make me laugh and not have a too intricate plot line. But aren't episode comedies like Flight of the Concords or Curb.

East bound and down wasn't cancelled, btw. It was only intended to be a 3 part show and HBO begged Danny McBride and Will Farrell to make a 4th season and as many as they liked. Pretty sure they have some new material for HBO coming.

East bound and down wasn't cancelled, btw. It was only intended to be a 3 part show and HBO begged Danny McBride and Will Farrell to make a 4th season and as many as they liked. Pretty sure they have some new material for HBO coming.
vice principals - I can't ******* wait. Eastbound & down is one of my favorite shows of all time. Mcbride n them are brilliant

Had no idea that was Denzel son in Ballers...think he played football at morehouse

Yeah, he played semi pro or whatever you call it in those small leagues. I remember them saying Denzel was in town to see him play a few years back. I think he went to a couple of NFL camps also.

Last edited:
Yea the Rams if I remember correctly...that's dope tho

Kinda glad I found out late so I could judge his acting fairly...he got potential

I knew the season finale would be predictable, they kinda had no choice because they completed filming before a second season was granted. The next season should be better and riskier.

I still find it funny the Rock had a zero balance on that date the first or second episode then he was good after that. I know another episode he talked about transferring some cash over but it didn't seem like it was a lot. Producers just carried on with the season :lol:

Just finished watching the first season, took me about a week to get through it

Honestly thought it was very enjoyable and Ricky Jerrett is pretty funny along with the Rock

Nothing more than an Entourage like football show.

Just plowed through season 1. Not a great show, but I enjoyed it way more than I should have :lol: Completely mindless entertainment.

Gotta say this about HBO...they're on point w/ soundtracks.

*JD Washington looks nothing like his dad, but sounds EXACTLY like him.

Last edited:
Show is entertaining af. Just binge watched 6 episodes and I was hesitant to give it a chance.

Kinda reminds me of that ESPN show "Playermakers" that the NFL shut down, but with more comedy... and *******.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom