New HBO series "Ballers" starring The Rock

Nope Andre told him invest 600K, Rock said no invest it all. Andre complied. Rock lost it all.

[thread="624190"] [/thread]

all i meant is if andre was his fin. manager then it wass literally his job to keep rock from making a stupid mistake with his money right?

like if andre manages the money and only wants to invest 600k then 600k is what gets invested right?

or are they saying the rock fired andre and THEN invested 6 million?

Lol thats not how financial advisors and managers work b. They advise you. They cannot control you. You can do whatever you want.

Son is killing Andre for not stopping him and taking advantage of athletes egos and impulsiveness but got no issue doing the same to build his own ****.

so what is andres purpose then other than collecting commissions?

i was under the impression that rock gives him the money, to do what he thinks is best

not that rock gives him the money to do what rock can do for himself (invest in whatever)

A financial manager's job is to manage their client's portfolio. The guy at the top of the ladder like Andre has underlings who manage portfolios worth certain amounts. Guys like Andre himself manage extremely high profile portfolios.

This show is legit man.

Finale was Great.

For a show that started out as a joke (to me), man, it's far more than that now(to me).

Some real good stuff going on here. Rock is okay with me, for the first time ever.

Show should go on for 2o+ Seasons. It will never run out of material. As long as they keep the cast on point, I look forward to this on Sundays. 

I do think they need to start it when the NFL season starts. 

Kind of bummed it ended tonight, and NFL is just beginning. This should be Something that is enjoyed after a long day of Games.

Sorry for the long post but, I'm really impressed to say the least.

Last edited:
This show is legit man.

Finale was Great.

For a show that started out as a joke (to me), man, it's far more than that now(to me).

Some real good stuff going on here. Rock is okay with me, for the first time ever.

Show should go on for 2o+ Seasons. It will never run out of material. As long as they keep the cast on point, I look forward to this on Sundays. 

Kind of bummed it ended tonight, and NFL is just beginning. This should be Something that is enjoyed after a long day of Games.

The show is about the behind the scenes and off season stuff. Also, it's in the best interest of the show to air during the off season when nothing is going on, and have it run into the beginning of the season.

That being said, it was a really great finale. I'm glad they didn't wrap things up nicely. Every main character is still in limbo.

This show is legit man.

Finale was Great.

The show is about the behind the scenes and off season stuff. Also, it's in the best interest of the show to air during the off season when nothing is going on, and have it run into the beginning of the season.

That being said, it was a really great finale. I'm glad they didn't wrap things up nicely. Every main character is still in limbo.

Just happy he went to get that damn surgery.

Yea finale was good. Glad it wasn't unrealistic like a lot of shows have been recently.

Honestly thought this finale was the best episode of the entire series by miles.
This is why I'm critical of the show so often, Its obvious they have the potential to put out great episodes like this more often but they waste it on stupid pointless plots.

A lot of great moments and lessons in this episode, hope theres more of this next season.

Episode was money. extra money. ultra money. good af. Loved it.

Eddie still yoked af :smokin

^ indeed.

Have you guys noticed that one of the producers of the shows name is spencer strathmore...:nerd:

^ indeed.

Have you guys noticed that one of the producers of the shows name is spencer strathmore...:nerd:

Mindblown. Never noticed that. I know the rock made his babymoms an EP.

According to real Strasmore on Reddit:

"Saw this, figured I'd comment. Throwaway needless to say.
Im the real Spencer Strasmore. Im the guy whose the CE at Leverage.

Long and short of it: I started working as Lev's (Steven Levinson) assistant back in 2011 after graduating college. One of the first scripts he had me read was Ballers. At the time, the character already had the first name of Spencer but had no last name as of yet. Strange coincidence.

I gave notes, helped sharpen some character traits, general story stuff and the next time I read an updated version of the draft, it had a last name added...Strasmore. Which is me. It stayed in the script all the way up to production. I assumed it would change at some point, it never did. HBO had me sign a nice piece of paper waving rights to my name and thats how the cookie crumbles.

Its been a great ride ever since. Fun to share my name with someone like DJ who is such an inspiration the world over. Also has helped me attain total internet anonymity, as I am no longer googleable thanks to the show."

Eddie George was actually a great actor in the last episode :lol: was not expecting that

That man still looks like he could rush for 1,000 yards

Last edited:
Finale was bananas! Really loved how they ended things with the loose ends. Was happy my guy Eddie was in it. He has some real chops. Oh and pleaseeeee do not believe that $2mil BS. He's worth way more than that.

Eddie and I (and my 3 year old) a couple weekends ago at my nephews HS football game. He spends a ton of time here. OH-!!! #TitanUp

thats dope, was a big fan of his, especially that 2000 team. seems like a chill dude.

great finale, agree it was the best eps of the series.

Season finale was unreal this show is all it needs to be 30 minutes of great enjoyable TV

Last edited:
Although the finale was 40 minutes. And that actually felt perfect. Much better than the typical half hour. they should just move up next season.

Eddie said that yoga has kept him in shape and healthy and injury, stiffness free, post football.

Apparently he did have some major issues after retiring. Depression and whatnot. From the extreme highs of everybody loving you and the attention, to nothing was hard to deal with. He got in therapy. He said he never got as bad as thinking about ending it all, but he said he could definitely understand how other guys could.

He said he found his solace in acting. He does plays! Dude is legit. He had the lead role in Othello not too long ago. Dude has chops.

Back
Top Bottom