New Macbooks and Macbook Pros coming out soon?

I heard rumors that their were going to be newer models for the MB and MBP coming out in mid Jan.
Didn't they just update the Macbook in November? I almost pulled the trigger on a blackbook this weekend because I was finally going to make the switch
nerd.gif

Yo I was about to make this same exact thread, but I got distracted at work. I've heard the same thing and wanted to wait until someone confirmed this. My Dell keeps freezing on me and bottom half of the screen turns some greenish color when I move it around.
mad.gif

Just like every thread dealing with anything apple. You have to wait until MacWorld in January.

don't gotta wait til MacWorld.

Just Blaze has confirmed that there will be new macbooks in Jan.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/12/26/apples-new-laptops-confirmed/

[h1]Apple's new laptops: confirmed![/h1]
Posted by The Boy Genius on Dec 26, 2007 1:54 pm 8 comments Filed in Laptops, Apple, Exclusives

apple-new-logo-lg%281%29.jpg

Leave it up to our music industry spies (Ok, well, Just Blaze really) to set the record straight! Apple will 100% be announcing a new laptop at MacWorld. We've also heard the laptop will go on sale a week after MacWorld, too. What laptop is this? The much-rumored ultra portable one? Well, we'd guess so, but do not have a firm confirmation on the details of the new unit. Once again, completely without a doubt confirmed Apple will be announcing a new sort of laptop at MacWorld. How do we know this? Apple had a recent holiday event where they had artists perform (some really big names, too), and they all did it for free! Why did they perform without being paid? Apple promised to give every performer and band member once of the new laptops they are coming out with at MacWorld! That's all, folks!

^^^ wait to see what it is and do research, many rumors have the new mac notebooks as not having an optical drive(no cd or dvd) and another rumor is no diskdrive instead flash based like ipods. I would be cautious of selling your macbook because what apple releases may not be what you want thus you'll be out acomputer.

SWEET! good thing i waited then. I almost pulled the trigger. I probably would have not cared either way because that blackbook looked sexy.

EDIT: Yah I'd wait also, because if it doesn't have a diskdrive or have a small HD I might have to pass.

If any of you are interested this site http://www.macrumors.com/ is very good at keeping up with anynew apple news/rumors

Edit: Also the week of MacWorld there is usually a huge thread about it here at Niketalk, and usually a live audio stream is available and soon the Keynote isreleased to apple.com in high quality quicktime.

i speculated this back in august.

there's an apple keynote to be held in feb and you know how that goes

that, combined with the the new chips seems that it most likely will happen though who knows for sure.

^^^ bns is right, there has never been keynotes of this proportion from apple in February.

man%!@!! I hope its a laptop im not interested in. I JUST spent 3Gs on a MBP back in august plus another $130 on the new Leopard. Im going to be really
mad.gif
if they come out with something dope

Im going to be really___if they come out with something dope

Word. Apple always does that. As much as I love their products, they just release an upgrade every 6 months that's not that different.

I'm confused, how are people supposed to play cd's and DVD's on this new Mac if it doesn't have an optical drive?

I think I'll stick with getting a Macbook at the end of January like I was planning...

Originally Posted by roback1991

Im going to be really___if they come out with something dope

Word. Apple always does that. As much as I love their products, they just release an upgrade every 6 months that's not that different.

yeah they never really release anything thats TRULLY a must have but i still get pissed when i dont have the NEWEST gadget on the scene

Originally Posted by apwrxmd

I'm confused, how are people supposed to play cd's and DVD's on this new Mac if it doesn't have an optical drive?

I think I'll stick with getting a Macbook at the end of January like I was planning...

Think of it as a vamped iPod touch without having to hack.

Back
Top Bottom