New neighbors, loud rooster. What to do?

So I have new neighbors as of last month. This past week they brought in a rooster and this son of a !%$%+ has woken me up at 6:30 am every single day since. He crows every 10 seconds ridiculously loud even my neighbor from across the street posted on his Facebook today that he was woken up by it. So today I take a peek in their back yard and see this rooster is caged (used for fighting?) and gets out every once in a while. I'm thinking of getting an alley cat n throwing em over the fence to handle business but I'm also considering reporting em to the city cause it seems weird that they only have a rooster n no hens which makes me believe he might be michael vicking it. Don't really wanna get into direct confrontation with new neighbors. What would yal do?

Originally Posted by lol

You put that rooster down.

nod.gif

Get them a couple of hens
pimp.gif
  and a "welcome to the neighborhood" basket with cheese and crackers.

-UNDFT-

Lol don't worry you'll get used to it... I miss hearing those wings flapping and hearing cacadoodoodooooooo

Originally Posted by socluis90

So I have new neighbors as of last month. This past week they brought in a rooster and this son of a !%$%+ has woken me up at 6:30 am every single day since. He crows every 10 seconds ridiculously loud even my neighbor from across the street posted on his Facebook today that he was woken up by it. So today I take a peek in their back yard and see this rooster is caged (used for fighting?) and gets out every once in a while. I'm thinking of getting an alley cat n throwing em over the fence to handle business but I'm also considering reporting em to the city cause it seems weird that they only have a rooster n no hens which makes me believe he might be michael vicking it. Don't really wanna get into direct confrontation with new neighbors. What would yal do?

man up and confront them

HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR ROOSTER IF YOU KEEP IT TO YOURSELF AND POST IT ON NIKETALK?

MAN THE HELL UP.

Rooster pot pie made with carrots from our garden and milk from the goatie girls!

Rooster Pot Pie

Ingredients
generous helping of butter, bacon grease or olive oil (I used bacon grease)
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
1 large potato, cubed
1 cup of any other vegetables that you have handy, celery or more potato. (I used green beans from the garden)
half a bag of frozen peas
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
about a tablespoon fresh basil (I added this only because I had it on hand and wanted to use it up, otherwise I would forego the basil)
stock, wine or vermouth to deglaze the pan if it becomes too dry
2 cups shredded meat from one small rooster
1/4 cup flour
2 cups rooster stock
1 cup goat milk (or any other milk, cream or half/half)
single pastry crust or double if you like a bottom crust
butter and parmesan (if you don’t use the bottom crust)

1. See below for tips on cooking the rooster.
2. Oven to 400. Prepare a large pie dish or two small pie pans by smearing butter on the dish and grating parmesan or other hard cheese onto the pan.
3. Heat large cast iron skillet and add whatever fat you’re using. Add onions, carrots, potatoes, whatever vegetables you’re using, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme (whatever herbs you’re using). Saute until onions are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add flour and saute for a minute. Add stock and thicken. Add milk. Add chicken and frozen peas and heat through. Check for seasoning. Pour into prepared pie pan.
4. Bake until heated through and the crust is golden brown and bubbly, about 40 minutes.

Rooster Cooking Tips
After I butchered the rooster, I put the back, neck and wings into the stock pot and covered with water. I simmered gently for a day. Strained and refrigerated the stock with the bones (only because I was too busy to pick the meat off the bones. You can get a surprising amount of meat off the back, wings and neck. Don’t overlook this if you’re being frugal. If you don’t care, pick off the meat for your cat or dog).

The legs, thighs, and breast I put into a glass tupperware and covered with water. I let it age for a few days in the refrigerator (3 days this time around). This helps tenderize the meat. When I was ready to cook the rooster, I put the meat into a pot and just barely covered with water. I simmered for a few hours until the meat was falling off the bone, then deboned and shredded and put back in the fridge until I was ready to make the pot pie (this took another few days). You can also freeze the meat at this point. I also saved the “stock

Get city to put down the neighbors.

Move in with rooster.

Brag about how your @*!+ is so big that it needs its own room when females come over.

pimp.gif

Wake up at 6 every morning for a week and yell FLOCKA FLEX FOR 30 minutes into the rooster's cage. He don't want it with brick squad..

Originally Posted by Big J 33

As with most things in life.. I immediately relate this to Seinfeld

little-jerry-in-training1.jpg

laugh.gif
I thought the same thing.

Where you from OP? If that's normal around there, than it is what it is. If it was here (NYC), I'd be eating good tonight.

we used to have chickens and roosters..miniature ones
laugh.gif

sadly, a hawk would come done and take them if we weren't quick enough

i remember one time they kept making so much damn noise and i was in bed, and all of a sudden i hear when start going crazy, and little by little it starts to fade away...right then and there i knew the hawk had come down and taken it
laugh.gif

Welcome them to the neighhborhood with a rotisserie chicken. They will find it mad creepy that they are eating something the same as their own pet and move.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

we used to have chickens and roosters..miniature ones
laugh.gif

sadly, a hawk would come done and take them if we weren't quick enough

i remember one time they kept making so much damn noise and i was in bed, and all of a sudden i hear when start going crazy, and little by little it starts to fade away...right then and there i knew the hawk had come down and taken it
laugh.gif
Clearly an inside job, someone hired a hawk. Take some notes OP

Back
Top Bottom