New Orleans Hornets VS Dallas Mavericks, VOL. Must Win, 4th Edition,

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by thagreatj

So chris Webber is gonna be on more often? i hope so, he better than Magic.

magic damn equals My dude Emmit. << that hurt to say...

For real.. someone here quoted Magic saying, "They gotta play well in the second half, especially in the 3rd and 4th quarter."

Magic is still the man, but C-Webb is pretty articulate and should bring good perspective. And with Kenny "potentially" leaving, he would make a decent replacement.
i hope that aint true.

Charles stays dissing Sacramento. I know that video is old, but I never saw it. Sacramento "as big as this room," dissing our newspaper's name,15 cents
laugh.gif
Come on.

I can't wait for trade season.

Fire the whole front office and find somebody that actually knows that they are doing.

Get rid of everybody except Bass(Dirk included) and just get young and cheap. Portland did it so I don't see why we can't.

And the saddest thing is it ain't like New Orleans is some juggernaut and dudes were hitting crazy shots, they beat us in the most important game of theseason playing their B- game. Damn shame.

I don't understand how some of you call yourselves fans of the Dallas Mavericks, talking about "blow up the team; get rid of everybody".

So you just want a completely new team?

You're rooting for a logo.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I don't understand how some of you call yourselves fans of the Dallas Mavericks, talking about "blow up the team; get rid of everybody".

I root for the laundry. Bandwagon fans follow players around. If you don't play for the Mavericks I really don't care that much about you eitherway.
But it's a free country root for who you like but based on what you are saying we should all be Kobe and Lebron fans.

But I forgot I who I was responding to, so you find it cool to jump from region to region picking favorite teams to root for, sorry I can't do it.

And do you like the New Orlenas Hornets or have you just developed a man crush on a player on the team?

See, now you're trying too hard. I'm just asking a question.

I'm not talking about following players around. But wanting a completely new team? New ownership? Where's the loyalty in that? It happens over yearsand years: players retire, free agency, drafting, trades... but all at once? No thanks.

See, now you're trying too hard. I'm just asking a question.

I'm not talking about following players around. But wanting a completely new team? New ownership? Where's the loyalty in that? It happens over years and years: players retire, free agency, drafting, trades... but all at once? No thanks.

I don't want a new owner, if it wasn't for Mark Cuban we would be worse than the Clippers easily. I just don't want him trying to be Jerry Jonesanymore because he's done it long enough to where its proven it doesn't work.

I want Avery gone because he is a horrible coach that came into a good situation but his biggest crime is insisting we have "veterans" overplayers with talent. We went from good and young to mediocre and old in two short years. Why? Because Avery wanted it that way.

I want to blow it up because I don't believe we can add right the players around Dirk to win a championship, it's possible but I just don'tthink they will do it unless they hire a sound basketball mind to oversee things. So instead of keeping Dirk and being mediore we might as well get somethinggood for him and not have him waste his prime carrying us to 7th seeds and first round exits.
I

I'm not talking about following players around. But wanting a completely new team? New ownership? Where's the loyalty in that? It happens over years and years: players retire, free agency, drafting, trades... but all at once? No thanks.
Hmm..on this...

As a fan, the organization comes before any players...but I've been looking at the Celtics this year and if I was a fan...

I almost wouldn't feel like that's MY team this year....idk how to explain it

Why wouldn't we want a new team?
laugh.gif
Everybody outside of Dallas seems to know this team is finished, and for fans it's becomingpainfully obvious that this group has run course. After the Finals collapse and 2 straight First Round exits, can we really expect this team to bounce back andbe more than a fringe playoff team next year? A year older, without cap space or draft picks to really infuse any talent into the roster... Not only that, butthe roster isn't exactly overflowing with valuable trade assets. Other than Dirk, nobody holds a ton of value around the league. Josh talking about hisdrug use in the offseason probably deaded his value. Terry, Stackhouse and Dampier are all bad contracts. Kidd won't be valuable around the league untilmid-season, when his monster expiring really becomes an asset...

This team is more than a MLE player away from getting back to the top of the Western Conference. And unfortunately, with the way the roster is assembled, theMavs don't have time to sit around and wait. Kidd is 35, Damp 32, Dirk 30, Howard 28, Stack 34, Terry 31... Brandon Bass and Antoine Wright are the onlyplayers worth a damn that aren't in or past their prime already... We've tried this thing with Dirk/Finley/Nash/Don Nelson, but Nelson couldn't getit over the hump so we cut Finley, let Nash walk, and hired Avery. Well, that hasn't worked either. So we traded for Kidd. We all know how that's goneso far... How much longer do we toy with this core before we decide it's just not going to work?

If you can foresee a situation in which the Mavericks head into next season with a team as good or better than the Lakers, San Antonio, Utah, or New Orleans,I'd love to hear it. That's already 4 teams, and I can't see the Mavs being better than Houston or even Portland...

Ten years ago, just having a perennial playoff team in Dallas would have been fine. But when you're the worst franchise in the league for nearly a decade,that's all you can hope for. But when Cuban bought the team, he changed expectations. The fan base is no longer OK with being good enough to just make theplayoffs. We want a championship. And after the Finals collapse and the 1v8 choke job, another first round exit would all but seal the deal on this group ofplayers. We've already got one team in DFW that refuses to completely rebuild the franchise, and trades away every possible asset if they feel they'rewithin striking distance of being competitive, and that's resulted in no playoff appearances since 1999. We don't need another one.
Isn't that what you do when you're a fan of a team? I think everybody knows I'm the biggestDirk fan (and apologist
laugh.gif
) on this board, but if the Mavericks cannot win with him as the centerpiece of the franchise, either get rid of him or bringsomeone in to take over and make Dirk the #2 guy...

I wasn't watching the game and haven't seen any highlights.

What'd Kidd do to Pargo?

On a fast break, Pargo was on the break, as Pargo was going up for a layup, Kidd charged from behind, ripped his neck from behind, brought him down relativelyhard. Flagrant 2, Adios.

^ Thanks.

And suffice it to say that I'm definitely being biased in saying I thought it was an F1 (as Doug Collins originally said when they replayed it the 2nd or3rd time).

And the reason I know I'm being biased is because if it was Pargo on Kidd, I'd say it was an F2.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom