NEW PICS of whips on the street!! **The DUBAI edition: Pt.1 of 4**

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Nah not us. The United Arab Emirates gave Dubai a $10 billion bailout I guess. 
Didn't one NT'er who used to live over there said the night life is nonexistent? Like they have mad bread and whips and stuff but its still real strict over there
Dubai is one of the UAE, Abu Dhabi gave them a bailout.

As for nightlife....by UAE standards it's definitely a liberal place. By our standards, not so much. Liquor laws are strict since it's Muslim but hotels can serve it so there a lot of bars and clubs are in hotels........It's not a wild scene but there are some fun spots and the clientele tends to be very rich. Some celebrities, lots of wealthy people from all over the UAE. It's definitely UAE's "nightlife capital" from what I can tell.

Abu Dhabi is also one of the seven emirates that make up the U.A.E., but it's their capital city.  Dubai over spent trying to make itself a tourist spot to bring in money after the oil runs out.  i for one wouldn't go there if i was on vacation...it's really really hot and humid almost all year round.

their nightlife is mostly men going to the clubs/bars which have to be attached to a hotel since that's the only way they're going to get a liquor license.  you won't see muslim females there going to the clubs/bars, because it's usually only the men that are out looking for professional "companionship".  most of the girls in the clubs are non-arab foreigners that are looking to get paid for their services.  bars/clubs over there do tend to stay open until early in the a.m.  i've been there over 10 times and it's really expensive to get drunk.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Nah not us. The United Arab Emirates gave Dubai a $10 billion bailout I guess. 
Didn't one NT'er who used to live over there said the night life is nonexistent? Like they have mad bread and whips and stuff but its still real strict over there
Dubai is one of the UAE, Abu Dhabi gave them a bailout.

As for nightlife....by UAE standards it's definitely a liberal place. By our standards, not so much. Liquor laws are strict since it's Muslim but hotels can serve it so there a lot of bars and clubs are in hotels........It's not a wild scene but there are some fun spots and the clientele tends to be very rich. Some celebrities, lots of wealthy people from all over the UAE. It's definitely UAE's "nightlife capital" from what I can tell.

Abu Dhabi is also one of the seven emirates that make up the U.A.E., but it's their capital city.  Dubai over spent trying to make itself a tourist spot to bring in money after the oil runs out.  i for one wouldn't go there if i was on vacation...it's really really hot and humid almost all year round.

their nightlife is mostly men going to the clubs/bars which have to be attached to a hotel since that's the only way they're going to get a liquor license.  you won't see muslim females there going to the clubs/bars, because it's usually only the men that are out looking for professional "companionship".  most of the girls in the clubs are non-arab foreigners that are looking to get paid for their services.  bars/clubs over there do tend to stay open until early in the a.m.  i've been there over 10 times and it's really expensive to get drunk.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom