New Planet Vol. Just like Earth this time

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Does anyone else think that they might have just found us too and that they call themselves Earth and to them we are Kepler-22b?

What you did there has been seen.

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Why spend money on this useless information in which no actions will be taken on when money could be spent elsewhere?
QFT.
30t6p3b.gif
I was saying for like a decade how a lot of things NASA does is useless. We wasted trillions on space travel for no reason just cuz of ego. Not even look for other energy sources or something.

I wanna see it
frown.gif

I wanna travel there
frown.gif

So this means our kids kids kids kids MAY be able to see/travel there?

Why spend money on this useless information in which no actions will be taken on when money could be spent elsewhere?

QFT.
30t6p3b.gif
how do you propose we get discoveries then?

almost as asinine as taking away education. oh wait.

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

QFT.
30t6p3b.gif
Discoveries like? *++$+! acting like we've explored all of Earth already.

How about using the money for improving education instead of this shh?

Wish I could get to see it in person. I'm skeptical that this is true though just like that "moon landing". Maybe NASA just gives us some good story every few years just so we don't question what's being done with all that money? Would be cool if it is true though.

I was thinking the same mitch. What if it were a different dimension and traveling as fast as lightyears is a way to break through time. So maybe we are seeing ourselves in a different dimension many lightyears away.
If there are (were) human-like beings there, most likely they saw us first.... jes sayain

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

QFT.
30t6p3b.gif

NASA funding is half a penny on your tax dollar. Would you stop to pick up half a penny on the street? NASA plays a role in the development and advancement of technology. Things like pictures from Hubble, or watching the moon landing are driving forces on the educational system of our country and an inspiration to our younger generation to get an education and become scientists.
http://www.sti.nasa.gov/tto/index.html 
We get technological advancements from NASA, but more importantly, it fulfills our inner nature to explore and find out more about where we live. There are questions in science, when answered, will make our world and our quality of life that much better. NASA and other government agencies are doing their part to try and answer these questions. If you aren't in the least bit curious as to whether or not there is life elsewhere in the universe, what the origin of life is, if there are other planets like the one we live on (and if it's at all possible to get these planets), or if there is some cosmic object about to collide with our planet, then fine. I'm glad that there are some people who find those questions awe-inspiring and worthwhile. 

Originally Posted by tml09

NASA funding is half a penny on your tax dollar. Would you stop to pick up half a penny on the street? NASA plays a role in the development and advancement of technology. Things like pictures from Hubble, or watching the moon landing are driving forces on the educational system of our country and an inspiration to our younger generation to get an education and become scientists.
We get technological advancements from NASA, but more importantly, it fulfills our inner nature to explore and find out more about where we live. There are questions in science, when answered, will make our world and our quality of life that much better. NASA and other government agencies are doing their part to try and answer these questions. If you aren't in the least bit curious as to whether or not there is life elsewhere in the universe, what the origin of life is, if there are other planets like the one we live on (and if it's at all possible to get these planets), or if there is some cosmic object about to collide with our planet, then fine. I'm glad that there are some people who find those questions awe-inspiring and worthwhile. 
thank you. i don't think most people understand the amount of importance it is to discover these new things. but then again, most people are into things that help themselves in the short term.

I understand, you'd rather have the money given somewhere else. but don't say something like studying space is useless. you sound extremely ignorant when you say that. Did I ever say we explored all of Earth? NO. I don't understand why you think I would say or support such an assumption.

Money put into science doesn't bring you immediate results... not a lot of people seem to understand that there is a bigger picture to all things.

I live in mountain view, CA finally NASA did something other than control the military base
30t6p3b.gif

Is this the same damn planet that they've been talking about? The one that doesn't rotate, so one half is always in perpetual night? Just wondering.

Meanwhile over on that planet they're probably going "Greeeaattt. They found us"

How many generations is it going to take for us to develop the tech to travel/survive that distance? We'll all be carbon by then, sad to say.

When this world goes to @%# they are going to start transporting us to Kepler22b lol

Money has always been spent in the pursuit of knowledge ¯\_( o_o )_/¯
Plus it's the perfect story for the media to sensationalize and at the end of the day, no matter how noble the intent of its employees, NASA is a government agency.

Originally Posted by jbv1

How many generations is it going to take for us to develop the tech to travel/survive that distance?

ITS HERE ALREADY ....
pimp.gif

U JUST AINT WATCHING THE SKIES

Get that bull shh outta here. Inner nature to explore my %+%. Like I said go explore the rest of the Earth. The private sector as contributed more advancement to soicety than NASA. NASA most of the time are dealing with experimental things that tend to only benefit themselves. Keep that bull shh inspiring the youth shh and driving force for our education too.

Don't try to play semantics with your half a penny talk either. I never said I'd rather have my money back, I said I'd rather have those billions of dollars wasted on spaceships and land rovers on Mars to be placed in to something more readily improving our society like I already mentioned, education for example.

I didn't say anything about science. Achievements in science can be made without somethings NASA involves itself in, without going in to space, without even necessarily studying space. Science isn't directly attached to the studying and exploring of space.
I understand, you'd rather have the money given somewhere else. but don't say something like studying space is useless. you sound extremely ignorant when you say that. Did I ever say we explored all of Earth? NO. I don't understand why you think I would say or support such an assumption.
All this time, think if we put that in to something more worthwhile, more achievable within the century. Probably would've already made the change to a different power source, help regulate global warming, sure up that impending fresh water problem, find some cool shh in some unexplored part of the ocean or some damn archeological dig, more research to find some cures or a vaccine or two, world hunger maybe?.
Money put into science doesn't bring you immediate results... not a lot of people seem to understand that there is a bigger picture to all things.
I am not knocking science. I'm knocking bad judgment in knowing when to cut your damn losses and pursue more practical ends in regards to societies needs. I'm not talking about short term selfish risks but if priortizing the welfare of mankind on Earth is selfish as opposed to discovering if there's microbiological life on a planet 600 light years from us when we haven't even created the means to travel at light speed I'll be selfish.

we aint about that life. SMH @ NAsa getting our hopes up. How on earth they know its 72 degrees on a planet 600 Lightyears away? smh

Originally Posted by G14

Originally Posted by jbv1

How many generations is it going to take for us to develop the tech to travel/survive that distance?

ITS HERE ALREADY ....
pimp.gif

U JUST AINT WATCHING THE SKIES

Yeah, but I meant "us", not that reverse engineered crash landed alien tech Area 51 type stuff.

Bottom line; we need to take care of the problems we are causing THIS planet before it's truly too late. Stay focused people.

Leave it up to you idiots to think NASA is a joke and waste of money. Google Helium 3. What do you think is gonna happen with the earth uses up all its resources? When we get over populated? It might seem insignificant to you now, but we have to start somewhere. Its not just nerds looking through a telescope for the hell of it.

Get that bull shh outta here. Inner nature to explore my %+%. Like I said go explore the rest of the Earth. The private sector as contributed more advancement to soicety than NASA. NASA most of the time are dealing with experimental things that tend to only benefit themselves. Keep that bull shh inspiring the youth shh and driving force for our education too.

Don't try to play semantics with your half a penny talk either. I never said I'd rather have my money back, I said I'd rather have those billions of dollars wasted on spaceships and land rovers on Mars to be placed in to something more readily improving our society like I already mentioned, education for example.

I didn't say anything about science. Achievements in science can be made without somethings NASA involves itself in, without going in to space, without even necessarily studying space. Science isn't directly attached to the studying and exploring of space.
All this time, think if we put that in to something more worthwhile, more achievable within the century. Probably would've already made the change to a different power source, help regulate global warming, sure up that impending fresh water problem, find some cool shh in some unexplored part of the ocean or some damn archeological dig, more research to find some cures or a vaccine or two, world hunger maybe?.
I am not knocking science. I'm knocking bad judgment in knowing when to cut your damn losses and pursue more practical ends in regards to societies needs. I'm not talking about short term selfish risks but if priortizing the welfare of mankind on Earth is selfish as opposed to discovering if there's microbiological life on a planet 600 light years from us when we haven't even created the means to travel at light speed I'll be selfish.

Almost all of the laws of physics that we now know to be true on earth and all of the theories we are trying to decide on currently were discovered through the study of space.
Chemistry and Biology would still be stuck in the 20th century if we hadn't made those discoveries.

Quantum physics? General relativity? Their reunion? All require the study of space and all are involved with things on earth at the most fundamental levels.

It's also at the center of your call to get over our dependence on fossil fuels.

(I actually agree that looking for alien life is a waste of time, in fact it is a HUGE waste of brilliant minds and resources which is almost sad, but not everything they do up there is)

Of all the agencies to be mad at, you're mad at NASA for watching the skies? I bet you wasn't mad at them knowing that that last asteroid that passed in between us and the moon last month wasn't going to hit us...

If you want to be mad at the government, be mad at your congressmen being puppets for big business...
Or for the military for keeping civilization 50 years behind on their technology...

So much misdirected hate...

Be mad at the fact that the military has rockets that can travel 10x the speed of sound being tested above you all the time, or that the government confiscated nikola tesla's free energy research when he died...

Explore more of earth? Where, the ocean? How do you propose we get down there without being crushed like a beer can?

I'm not saying NASA is our savior, but to hate on them for what they've accomplished is ignorant...

Back
Top Bottom