New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

All Mike Brown haters including myself...it's a fact that the Lakers org will not let go of him after ONE season, especially if it was a lockout season.

If Mike Brown coached and the Lakers had the Bobcats record..then yeah maybe he will be fired, but after one season...he will not be let go.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

i'd say go after deron williams.. stephen a. smith said perhaps deron williams and brook lopez for pau..   
no way the nets will accept that.. nets wouldn't even trade gasol for deron.. straight up..

Josh Smith is actually a good fit with a guy like Sessions.
I'm not saying he is the PG of the future, but you should make a concerted effort to make him and pretty much any pg other than Deron Williams succeed.
Its a good swap for the simple fact that it takes a toxic relationship out of the locker room.

As far as Howard he is a better fit for where you need to go in the next 2 years, but he is a worse fit post Kobe. Make the deal with caution. He is never going to be the man on a title team. Drew wanting to be created a dynamic that wasn't great. If your saying for the sake of Kobe get me a solid number 2 and hope he wants to stay that's fine.

Here is the thing with Drew.... he isnt going to leave if you offer the right amount of money. That's the only thing his comments lead me too. He will stay but dont disrespect me and not give me the max even if I have to come to certain concessions ( team options) cause of the injury history.

I would trade for Deron and sign a Beasley. Dwight doesn't want to go to the Lakers for media induced reasons. No sense in trading a guy who will stay for the simple fact that its the most familiar situation as long as he is paid, for someone who doesn't want to be there regardless of pay.

Deron
Kobe
Peace/ Beasley
Hill, or Beasley in a fast lineup
Bynum

Sessions
Blake
Beasley/ or Hill
and a flier on Lamar

Why wouldn't the Nets take Pau back in exchange for Williams getting max money. They have to get something back if he leaves considering all that they gave away.
Dudes don't realize that the Nets traded Favors, Harris ( a possible solution for some of the PG woes at a smaller price especially as a defender) Kanters, and a first this year for Williams.
Pau is still an L but its a bigger win than anything Dallas would give.
I got to think that Lopez, Pau, Wallace ( since they have to resign him at this point) and Marshon and Green+ some PG play make them decent. Dont cripple the cap, and maybe someone wants to come into that situation....

@MarkGMedina Andrew Goudelock said Mitch and Brown told them to work on ball handling, being more comfortable running point guard, being more vocal...

@MarkGMedina Goudelock said Brown and Kupchak sees him as a combo guard. Said he was learning "point guard" on the fly
@KevinDing Goudelock said he will try to work out with Bynum this summer in Atlanta.
@LakerReporter The guy that Goudelock is targeting to try and ultimately be like is Chauncey Billups, a bigger PG who can also score.

2hnatqu.jpg

Here's to a summer in the weight room and working on those point guard skills.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

All Mike Brown haters including myself...it's a fact that the Lakers org will not let go of him after ONE season, especially if it was a lockout season.

If Mike Brown coached and the Lakers had the Bobcats record..then yeah maybe he will be fired, but after one season...he will not be let go.

Mike Brown will be gone after we lose in the playoffs next season. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

@MarkGMedina Andrew Goudelock said Mitch and Brown told them to work on ball handling, being more comfortable running point guard, being more vocal...
@MarkGMedina Goudelock said Brown and Kupchak sees him as a combo guard. Said he was learning "point guard" on the fly
@KevinDing Goudelock said he will try to work out with Bynum this summer in Atlanta.
@LakerReporter The guy that Goudelock is targeting to try and ultimately be like is Chauncey Billups, a bigger PG who can also score.

2hnatqu.jpg

Here's to a summer in the weight room and working on those point guard skills.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
i can definitely see one of the 2 rookies from this year playing a bigger role for us next year......if Glock can improve his PG skills
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

definitely can see Godlock being like Billups. he needs to stop with them floaters tho
laugh.gif

Come on now man, that floater of his is money
laugh.gif

I hope Goude works out with Jordan Farmar to learn the art of not passing to Kobe and get your own shot. 
smokin.gif

He will be a big help shooting wise if he gets the work in. 

I like Derrick Williams, but I would rather get a top 3 pick from this year's draft.

I can't wait for the draft lottery
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I like Derrick Williams, but I would rather get a top 3 pick from this year's draft.

I can't wait for the draft lottery
laugh.gif

Be lucky if you get a 10-15 pick for Pau

Sounds like Matt Barnes won't be returning next season. I thought he was overrated when the Lakers signed him, but when he was healthy he was a reliable player. Shame he got injured both years, killing his play. Best of luck to him.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Sounds like Matt Barnes won't be returning next season. I thought he was overrated when the Lakers signed him, but when he was healthy he was a reliable player. Shame he got injured both years, killing his play. Best of luck to him.
Overrated how?
Most of us on here knew when he signed here that he was just a scrappy defender that got into Kobe's face and got under a lot of other players skin and that he was a streaky shooter.

Originally Posted by presequel

man our major offseason moves gonna be signing theo ratliff and speedy claxton or some +*$
laugh.gif

he already signed rattlif last year
laugh.gif

his and jim's strategy of giving away draft picks for nothing and signing washed up players has backfired
however, during previous years it was a choice now that is their only option cause they don't even have picks to give away
laugh.gif
sick.gif

[h1]
[h1]Sloan expresses interest in coaching vacancies[/h1]By The Sports Xchange | The SportsXchange – 8 hours ago

Jerry Sloan wants to coach again and is interested in the vacancies with the Charlotte Bobcats and Orlando Magic, according to a Salt Lake Tribune report.

Sloan, who resigned during the 2011 season after 23 seasons with the Utah Jazz, told the paper that he has spoken to Bobcats ownerMichael Jordan, and could meet with him this week.On Tuesday, Sloan told Fox Sports Florida that he had interest in the Magic job. He called the position "intriguing" despite uncertainty regarding star center Dwight Howard and a vacant general manager position after Otis Smith was fired.The Bobcats, who won an NBA-worst seven games last season, present a tougher challenge."Obviously, you probably wouldn't win (a title) right off the bat," Sloan told the Tribune. "But sometimes it's not all about starting on top."Sloan, 70, ranks third all-time in regular-season NBA coaching victories with 1,221, behind Lenny Wilkins (1,332) and Don Nelson (1.335). He's the only coach in NBA history to win 1,000 games with one team. Sloan's other wins came with the Bulls from 1979 to 1982.
[/h1]

FIRE MIKE BROWN AND DO IT! DO IT MITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Essential1

We'd be no better with Sloan.. You're asking for lateral movement..
Not only does he preach defense, he actually has a legitimate offense. We'd be a championship contender with him. 2 passing big men and Kobe, Jerry will thrive with us. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Not only does he preach defense, he actually has a legitimate offense. We'd be a championship contender with him. 2 passing big men and Kobe, Jerry will thrive with us. 

2 Hall of Famers for 18 years. And one of the top 3 point shooters for 7 of 18.... ZERO Titles... Let's not forget he couldn't handle Deron Williams who is a boy scout compared to the characters on this team

The Lakers don't have the personnel to run the pick and roll consistently well.

2 Hall of Famers for 18 years. And one of the top 3 point shooters for 7 of 18.... ZERO Titles... Let's not forget he couldn't handle Deron Williams who is a boy scout compared to the characters on this team
And what has Mike Brown done? I'd take that resume over Mike, any day. He ultimately ran into the greatest coach of all time along with possibly the greatest player of all time. Twice. Yeah, we don't have the personnel to run the pick and roll but don't you think with him as coach, he'd get the right guys to do so? This is a guy who Kobe, Drew and Pau will have to respect. He's a fiery coach and Kobe will trust him. It'll probably not happen but it'd be nice to have him. 

I have to agree with the other post, you guys are dreaming if you think Mike Brown going to get fired unless half the team or Kobe goes to Mitch and says get us a new coach.

The flaws in Stockton and especially Malone's games account for the problem, as well as overall talent at the 2 and 3 and 5.
When they really got serious about winning a title Stockton nor Malone were really top 10 players in the game... The system kept them producing.

Williams is a good fit because he can operate w/o the ball. I am of the opinion that he is better off the ball than he is on it. ( he is damn good on it too) And imo its the reason he struggled as a rook (in comparison to Paul at least) And as you probabily know you have to run some S&R to still compete.

Sloan's system is decent, but it at its best is a lot of S&R with a bunch of flex cuts, something that the Lakers dont have the guys for.

i think jerry sloan would be the perfect fit.. and that is also a reason why i think the lakers should get rid of bynum.. cause he doesnt do well with authority coaches.. kobe will thrive under him and if they keep gasol, i think he will too, if the offense is better suited for him.. but that also means that if the lakers decide to get rid of gasol or bynum, that deron williams will not be an option, because many said that williams was the reason that sloan left as the jazz head coach

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Lakers get: Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia and Chase Budinger
Rockets get: Pau Gasol and Steve Blake
Hawks get: Kevin Martin, Samuel Dalembert, #14 pick

And...

- Deron & Lopez for Bynum

- Deron
- Kobe
- Josh
- Artest
- Zaza/Lopez

- Sessions
- Chase
- Zaza/Lopez
- Jordan Hill
- Barnes
- Troy Murphy
- McBob
- Goudelocke

And THEEEEENNNNNN...

- those last 4 (Barnes, McBob, Murphy, & Glock) for Dwight

- Deron
- Kobe
- Josh
- Artest
- D12

- Sessions
- Chase
- Zaza
- Lopez
- Jordan Hill

Do it, Mitch!!
smokin.gif

Spoiler [+]
fine%20troll%20dancing.gif
i like this.. but i dont think the magic will trade all these laker bums for howard. they probably want 1st round picks to go with it.. but then you also have that punk ++$ david stern that might say no to all of this.. just how he nixed the cp3 deal

Back
Top Bottom