New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

According to Adrian Wojnaroski of Y! Sports, the Cavs want contract assurances from Andrew Bynum in the potential Dwight Howard trade to the Lakers. Thus far, the Cavs have not spoken with Bynum or his agent as the Lakers are only willing to grant permission once the framework of a deal is in place with all teams.
With Bynum, the Cavs are looking to pair the 24 year old All Star Center with Rookie of the Year point guard Kyrie Irving.
The Magic have been very indecisive on what they want for Howard, so until that is resolved, no deal is close to happening.

i understand they want assurance but their not giving up **** so why not take the risk. their the only ones who can offer him a big $$$ if he gets traded there anyways.

I don't think Cleveland is the ones holding this deal up. I'm sure, like everyone else, they realize no current player will simply just extend their current contract. It makes the most sense, financially, for that player to opt-out and sign for the max. I think it's Orlando who first doesn't know what direction they want to take the franchise, i.e., blow it ALL up and acquire some draft picks or get a nice piece (like Bynum) to rebuild on or hire a new coach to convince Dwight to stay.

I still don't think Orlando trades Dwight at this point. Way too much indecision and it's not even on Dwight Howard at this point.

Blame Orlando for their ratchetness...either way Bynum is going to get the Max soemwhere whether he plays crappy or not....look at Javale Mcgee contract smh

I don't think Cleveland is the ones holding this deal up. I'm sure, like everyone else, they realize no current player will simply just extend their current contract. It makes the most sense, financially, for that player to opt-out and sign for the max. I think it's Orlando who first doesn't know what direction they want to take the franchise, i.e., blow it ALL up and acquire some draft picks or get a nice piece (like Bynum) to rebuild on or hire a new coach to convince Dwight to stay.
I still don't think Orlando trades Dwight at this point. Way too much indecision and it's not even on Dwight Howard at this point.

Who'd they sign to convince Dwight Howard to stay... Jacque Vaughn as Head Coach :rofl:

Word was that Dwight, Hennigan & Martins were on conference call.. Hennigan asked to give the new regime another chance becuase they didn't have anything to do with what happened in the past.. Dwight said "That's what the other guy on the line (Martins) said last year."

And I was just listening to the Loose Cannons (awful radio show).. They were ******** all over Jarred Rudolph.. Rudolph called in and they hung up on him.. Was such drama haha... When Rudolph was entirely right.

This is true as well. I mean, what's in it for Orlando?

They let their 2 top guys go, R.Anderson + D.Howard. They are in a complete rebuild mode.

Orlando has some drunk guys running things, which is why they seem to come close and die out. W/ Penny, W/ Shaq, W/ T-Mac/ Hill, then W/ T-Mac and now w/ Dwight. lolz

You guys are talking about the post #2336 on the upper right corner, right? I can't see the stats

Last edited:
ESPN LA just broke down the $$. If DH is traded to LA, at the end of the '13 season he can sign with LA for 5 years, $117 million ... Cont

If he elects not to sign with LA, he can only sign for 4 years, 88 million. A $29 million difference. Same would apply to Bynum wherever.

Pingalore says:
Expect minimal news from #magic next ten days about head coach and @DwightHoward vacation for the franchise is underway

Having fun yet???

Need 3 more bench players and we good.. I'm immensely happy JChill is staying

And of course Superman Part Duex

If you want more than bench help, than what does OJ Mayo bring to this team?

He's going to end up on the bench regardless, plus I don't see him taking what the Lakers would have offered him.

Love dude's energy .. he probably realized he's the bigs primary back up .. compared to MIN ..

So what else do we need ..back up SG and SF?

and yet we still have Blake :smh:

Back
Top Bottom