New Westbrook signature shoe? (Pic)

Screenshot_20220304-141504_Chrome.jpg

I hate to say it, cause the guy is a legend, a hall of famer, and OKC should definitely retire his jersey, but I think this is the end of the (shoe) line for him barring a playoff miracle. Maybe they're still under contract with him to produce a certain number of future models, I don't know. And one down year shouldn't end your line, but it aint lookin good at all. CP3 was in the finals last year having led his team there, and his line is done. So I could see it happening.

I hate to say it, cause the guy is a legend, a hall of famer, and OKC should definitely retire his jersey, but I think this is the end of the (shoe) line for him barring a playoff miracle. Maybe they're still under contract with him to produce a certain number of future models, I don't know. And one down year shouldn't end your line, but it aint lookin good at all. CP3 was in the finals last year having led his team there, and his line is done. So I could see it happening.
I've been assuming this is the end of line. I'm an OKC fan so I love Westbrook. He's had a great career and it's winding down. Pretty simple. CP3 appeared to be nearing the end and that's why his line was done away with. He did a great job of bouncing back. That was probably more public perception then reality though.

Luka line about to drop and Tatum's is supposed to be on the way. They won't really have a place for him. I guess maybe he might get another shoe but I'm expecting this is it.

1647671810947.png

I've been assuming this is the end of line. I'm an OKC fan so I love Westbrook. He's had a great career and it's winding down. Pretty simple. CP3 appeared to be nearing the end and that's why his line was done away with. He did a great job of bouncing back. That was probably more public perception then reality though.

Luka line about to drop and Tatum's is supposed to be on the way. They won't really have a place for him. I guess maybe he might get another shoe but I'm expecting this is it.

Even bygone era NBA stars have had their signature lines discontinued before they retired because they were no longer at the apex of their careers by that time. Penny Hardaway is a perfect example because his signature line was discontinued in the early 2000s when he was with the Suns.

It's pretty much a formality for signature lines with younger generation NBA stars signed to Jordan Brand to come to an end. It's all in the shoe game for those dudes.

It's a common cycle with the younger generation stars with Jordan Brand, a certain few get a signature line, it gets discontinued, then a few newer stars get a signature line under the brand.

There was a discussion on a different thread that it wasn't really for conducive for younger generation stars to have a signature line under Jordan Brand because the namesake and brand are based on a basketball legend, Michael F'n Jordan. It's like they're basically in his shadow having their own signature line under him. It somewhat defeats the purpose for them in that sense.

CP3 gets PE’s so I’m sure he don’t care about his line ending. I do feel they should retro the CP3 4-7. Especially the 7.

But yes it may be the end for the Why Not line. I’m sure he’ll get more One Take shoes though.

Back
Top Bottom