New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This trade makes no sense to me. We have 18m total in cap room. Rookies take up about 8, considering where we're picking. Ogletree will cost us 10, bc the Rams weren't stupid and they gave him all his $ the next 2 yrs in roster bonuses. So we spent all of our cap room to get a guy who is an average at best starter. We could easily sign a player better than Ogletree for less money and give up nothing. This is like an Isiah thomas-era Knicks move - throw picks away to get back names, irregardless of how bad their contracts are. It isn't a rebuilding move, bc we gave away picks, and it isn't a win now move, it took away cap space and didnt add talent.

If they cut Ogletree before he gets his 7m roster bonus, and this trade becomes purely that we traded a 4 and a 6 for the 2019 7th, I'll probably be happier than if we keep him.

Didn’t like it at all either. Must think he can turn into something he isn’t. Or that this shores up the defense and brings it back to elite?

dont understand this trade....couldnt find a young impact LB in round 2? couldnt wait for wavier wire? always solid LBs get cut.
i don't think giants are giving OBJ new contract with this move.
we will see how they work their magic with the cap....i think they can....one thing is for sure they can plan for not having eli on the books in 2020....that should help pay guys this offseason......oh and very likely this GM won't go into the season with 10 mil in cap space like the last GM did.

if bills cut Glenn that should be our target for LT, Norwell at guard, jones C, flowers, pugh or 2nd round pick.....i like sound of that

Last edited:
dont know what the browns are doing....thats scary!
being that Darnold is so young i can see even the browns wanting to sit him for a year.

Giants it seems has shown their cards again....everyone seems to think they want Barkley which likely means browns don't want to risk not getting barkley at 4 and get him at 1 and take QB at 4.......if that is TRUE leaves giants and colts both in good spots to trade for teams that like Allen and Darnold.....i'd be happy if giants can trade down from 2 - 5 and get 1st round pick next year and 2nd round pick this year would be huge for us. Get Edmunds at 5 and with our 2 2nd round picks and 3rd we can get a Guard, RB, CB.....that would be cool with me..

the giants really need to do better job of acting and hiding who they like. Act like you LOVE every QB in this draft, thats who teams trade up for....

Last edited:
I’m fine trading down IF that means we still get the QB we like.

Hopefully Saquan goes 1 and we are free to either pick out BPA or trade down I would love it.

^^i dont get these players...dude signed one of the highest shoe deals for NFL player ever and he risks that and missing games for what?
dude it appears you have 2 girls in your room whats the need for drugs...
if the NFL is going to suspend him then they better request drug test ASAP, because if i were him i'd be like yes i smoked non-pot and girl offered me coke and i said no.

I think he is going to be fine. The girl is saying it was pizza crust (lmao). Even if it was weed this dude better get that out of his system ASAP.

Who is he hanging with that records him?? Make them put their phones in a bowl at the door, come on smh.

I would’ve kept him, but at the worst I’m really surprised we couldn’t trade Drc. I liked him a lot as a player here, aside from the lazy tackling. He was a solid cover corner.

Figured a starting level cb who’d only count 6.5m on another teams cap would be worth a pick, even if it’s a 4-7. If I’m a contender that’s short a corner, I’d easily give up a 3rd day pick for DRC at 6.5m. I guess Gettleman has never been the type to try to get value out of players he wants gone tho (ex. Norman). Not liking this off-season so far.

^^i agree.....we should have tried to get DRC for 4-5 mil i think he would have been down.....on the other hand might have gotten word from his agent that teams would get him more.....looks like he gonna be a skin :frown:

hmmmm.....big strike out on not getting Norwell gettlemen found this guy as a undrafted OL and couldnt sign him? wow

not crazy about signing an avg LT in solder, i'd rather trade up into 1st round and get LT, resign pugh, figure out what to do with flowers RT, or guard and pugh RT

we also lost out on Hubbard, he could have been our RT

i mean who is even left to sign?! ugh

Last edited:
RB Stewart 2 years 6.9M?!!?! That is borderline criminal. I demand an investigation. He must have some dirt on the GM.

Rather not trade up for a LT in this draft, we need to fill quite a few holes.

Flowers only allowed 3 sacks the last 14 games and is only 24. He may not be a LT, but there’s some value there. Have to think he may have turned a corner.

not happy that we had to settle for solder but no other choice couldnt GIVE flowers the LT job again. what worries me is it seems pats Oline coach has coached up their line for years...hopefully this guy has talent and not product of coaching.....
smart move by GM but he shouldnt just make it be last move need to sign pugh or above avg guard.

the GM did what reese took for granted last year, reese thought off 11 win season that we would have winnign season again. he didnt look at whitworth as a player that could take us to the next level and that was his main failure. not just that but reaching for flowers, many said we reached and many drafts not getting OL in 2nd 3rd rounds to develop. he just took the oline for granted. and yes we could have signed whitworth to same or even more than he got last year.

i don't know why pugh is not signed yet, we should have some good money left under cap.......and why is Marshell still on this team? cut him and sign Jordy.....jordy was doing very well before rodgers got hurt

many seem to think bills are trying to get to top 5 for one of these QBs....would you be down to trade down out top 10? bills have 12, 21, 2 2nd 2 3rds, it would be tempting if bills were willing to give up 5/6 picks. we could get a CB and RB round 1. Guard round 2, Rudolph? or even jackson in round 1 and RB round 2 or 3.

if they dont sign a guard could see them picking nelson at 2.

^^kim jones had a quick interview with GM and he pretty much said hes going to stay at 2. said he wants a guy who can be a HOF player....if thats his mindset unless he fell in love with one of these QBs i highly doubt he passes on Barkley at 2 if he is there.

cards signed pugh 9 mil a year...for a guy that can play RG or RT thats a good deal, not happy giants didnt resign him...we could have drafted RG in round 2 had pugh at RT and flowers as backup in his final year...just having pugh to what we have makes that unit stronger. i don't get it, we have money under the cap....looks like marshall is going to stay, we could have cut him for even more room under the cap.

who knows maybe this solder guy is a good mentor and helps Flowers be a NFL player

Jets gave a pretty good hall for the 3rd pick, if Barkley is gone maybe we trade down.

Back
Top Bottom