New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i agree... with or without eli we are losing games.. minuswell play that rookie qb we picked up

Embarrassing game, just embarrassing. I don't think the rookie is ready cause he's a rookie and he's trash.

Team should have called Kaep years ago.

And this team knew Eli couldn't move, knew the OL was an issue and they should have done a better job with the line.

Giants and Yankees seasons both ended this week. Knicks season been over, smh.

sucks to see our season is over already. had high hopes. but those hopes had everything to do with OLine. 2 teams last year remade their oLine. vikings and rams. GREAT results. they replaced 4-5 starters. we tried same thing and failed. this dude solder was avg at best with pats never making pro bowl. you realize their Online coach is regarded as one of the best to ever coach Olinemen?! we got fools gold with him. not saying i was against it, but we were played. look at our C RG RT, C dude that couldnt make it on most teams, we signed him middle of last season, the jags didnt want him, RT undrafted free agent and flowers. scary, we didnt put assets into the Oline. engram draft, many thought giants would draft Ramczyk saints RT. our GM passed, mistake. giants don't go after wentworth and rams get him and he makes ALL PRO TEAM. 2 moves could have seen us make the playoffs last season and this. yes i think Oline makes that big of a difference. I mean come on top 10 T & guards make 10 mil a year. its clear. eli haters will say what you want pro bowlers on all spots, thats not fair with the super bowl teams those dudes were avg at best. snee was the only one that had pro bowl talent. eli is not gonna retire. watch him be on broncos or jags next year and ball out.

i really think there are only 2-3 QBs that would have us at 500 or better and no its not brady and rodgers.

giants won't bench eli yet as they are dumb enough to think they can win 8/10. once we are out of it they have to go to kyle. the eli era is over but its not fair how we protected him last few years. 20 sacks already? just look at our amazing RB, everyone giants fans and haters see this kid talent is insane, stats are showing he gets hit quicker at line than any RB in the NFL. WHAT A JOKE

giants will have options, i hope saints get 2 seed lock up and give teddy a few games. i was a fan of his in college and watched a lot of him with the jets, i'd be ok with taking best player in draft and getting Teddy. also can see a breakup with Carr and chucky, i'd be down with trading a late round pick for carr.

its so important to get a QB right, if we miss 3-4 years wasted.

I can't stomach trading Snacks for a 5th round pick, I don't see the point. That's ****in dumb. His contract is light and he's a great player. If you get a 2 or 3 for him, cool. A 5????? You just hold on to him then cause he's too good of a player. This trade really makes me ****in sick.

I can't stomach trading Snacks for a 5th round pick, I don't see the point. That's ****in dumb. His contract is light and he's a great player. If you get a 2 or 3 for him, cool. A 5????? You just hold on to him then cause he's too good of a player. This trade really makes me ****in sick.

You weren't getting a 2 or 3 for Snacks.

You weren't getting a 2 or 3 for Snacks.

I don't think so either so that's why you keep him cause his contract isn't a lot. 5th rounder is basically nothing. Getting rid of Janoris Jenkins or Nate Solder for a 5th cause they have big contracts is fine.

i dont understand getting rid of snacks and apple. worth keeping them around especially when it looks like we gonna save money by cutting eli.

So I guess this might be the end for Eli...I know there's completely polarizing views regarding Eli, and I'm not trying to argue or assign blame bc honestly, there's no point and no one really knows. Every wk we see questionable play calls and poor play designs from the coaches, drops and wrong routes from the receivers, missed throws, poor decisions, and an inability to extend plays from Eli. And this is all without mentioning the embarrassing offensive line play that would have at least given our skill players a shot to get through some of these things. Or at least compete. Gettleman rebuilt the line and it might be worse than last yr. Even worse, a part of it sometimes isnt even a lack of talent but coaching (the Cowboys game was a complete embarrassment where guys didnt even know who to block and we're still seeing that even this week).

I honestly don't know how to evaluate Eli because this team has so many problems, there's maybe 3-5 QBs on the planet that might possibly give us a functional offense (Arod/Russ/Mahomes...thats probably it, maybe Luck and Watson but most likely not). He's never been a consistent top 5 QB (except in 2011 when he had nicks/cruz and was on fire), he's been a good, above average QB who can make big plays under pressure and for better or worse, is willing to throw caution to the wind to win. So this year, when we're so bad that he only hits on 1 out of 3 key scoring chances we have each game, I don't think he's even playing that much worse than his prime when he'd hit on maybe 6 or 7 of 10. It's not like he was invincible before and now we're seeing a massive dropoff and tons of flaws. It's also not like the best QBs in the world will hit on all 10. We're just so bad and poorly coached that we have almost no real chances to score and need to hit on every single one.

But this is probably the end, and its just unfortunate because I can't think of any other franchise that has **** on someone who did so much for them. We were competitive for 10 years and he never missed a game, even when he had a broken foot and plantar fasciitis, never even coming out or complaining when our line was getting him buried in the ground, without even mentioning 2 seasons and a handful of plays that are among the franchises most meaningful. So I can't understand fully why on this horrible team that would send Tom Brady to retirement immediately, that so many Giants fans want to kill and slander him. I don't remember Yankees fans killing Jeter when he had no range and batted .250, Rangers fans hating on Henrik now (though there are some) or Knicks fans blaming Ewing for his Knicks career, and the last 2 guys I mentioned didn't win anything. So I've never been a huge Eli fan, but seeing how our fanbase and local media has treated him has really been hard to see. It's not fair, but I guess life isn't.

I hope Lauletta shows something bc I'm not a fan of Herbert and think he has a really high chance of being a total bust. He stands flat footed forever, is a very slow decision maker, and is very inconsistent with accuracy. Throws a great ball when he's able to stand behind a wall forever and he is willing to use his body and run, but he can't do either of those things in the NFL. There are plenty of individual highlight plays but watch him do nothing against unranked Arizona last night, or Washington and Wash State. He makes an occasional highlight play with his arm legs or both, and people who didnt see the rest of the game are anointing him as a savior, but for the most part he's a guy who stands in the pocket forever, staring at one option. He could succeed and has the physical tools but he's a project that needs a lot of work. I'd probably be happier with Haskins, who can throw under pressure, is more consistent and can make a quick decision, but who knows how these guys turn out. We have to fix at least 3 oline spots if we don't want our next QB to get shook and killed.

Eli is gone after this season.

This OL is terrible, Eli can get some blame for missing throws he should hit but he has no time. All week on the radio and in the media I heard, Eli gotta step up in the pocket and trust his line. Every time he did, he got sacked. Eli isn't mobile, never has been. They should have done a better job with this line during the offseason.

We need to run the ball more, I get it. Our line is trash and we're always down but gotta run the ball.

Sterling and Engram dropped two HUGE passes.

Our defense is okay, not great but not trash. They did okay today, kept us in the game.

Eli's first pick was kinda on OBJ for giving up on that play. Number 2 was basically a punt, Eli looked like he didn't give a **** and was desperate so he threw it up.

Y'all want Carr or Jameis??? I'm down for either of them depending on what they want for them.

Carr has had a few injuries, I don't know if he's the same as he was that MVP year he had. If Oakland doesn't want him, that kinda scares me cause it's not easy getting a QB.

Bum *** squad. Cut a lineman so we’ll see what the OL looks like tonight. SF is a bad football team, our defense better at least show up. I don’t expect **** from the offense. I hope 13 and 26 go off

how did brady look yesterday when he got sacked 3 times and hit 12? he looks like how he always looks when he deals with pressure.....like eli past few seasons....

pathetic we are on our 3rd RG, but why are we on our 3rd RG? injury? no because the 1st 2 starting guards were sooo bad they were benched and one who signed a 3 year 15 mil contract before the season was cut........i have never seen a team replace one position on the line at such a rate due to suckyness...think about it, we claimed the rams WORST Olinemen and cut a guy who was to be our starting RG all season 15 mil. (and this guard has only 1 week of practice!!!! gonna go from cut to starting on a new team) WOW
we signed solder to be avg LT, not pro bowler as he never was but avg. He is ranked amount the worst LT in the NFL!!! RT? oh we had flowers cut him started undrafted RT who is the same or worse....how did flowers do yesterday with jags allowed 1 sack and 7 pressures.....

i had high hopes, i saw what rams and vikins did in 17 offseason, changed most of their lines for new starters and did great last year......we tried that and FAILED, the GM did good in the draft but swing and miss with the Oline......this is the thing though guys....the line doesnt represent 1 players of 11 on the field.....its 5 of the 11. when only 4 of the 5 are any good that means 4 suck!!!!. thats 36% of your offense is HORRIBLE......you think 1/3 of a offense is HORRIBLE and that team makes playoffs? find me the QB that has lead his team with that!!

giants Oline ranked by espn and PFF 30 or worse in the NFL.....sorry mvp brady doesnt lead this giants team nor last years to playoffs....aaron rodgers? he has pro bowl guys and has missed plenty of games, behind this line? his career would be over.....only 2-3 QBs in the NFL could get this team in the 500 range....wilson/mahomes...

its a shame, giants haters say well what do you want pro bowlers everywhere, nah man...all the giants needed was avg at Oline....

end of the day tough results are results, QB gets credit for the win as head of the team then they gotta get the blame....its a shame but it is the results....oline won't be fixed this season nor offseason....time to try other QBs....if giants lose tonight i fully expect this to be Eli's last start(broncos or jags next year)......hopefully they lose could see this team beating bad to avg teams and ending year with 6 or 7 wins......we need top 5 pick bad

Last edited:
OBJ can't drop that pass. That's a first down play right there and he drops it. Un ****in real. I can't wait for this season to be over.

Saquon is a bad mother****er for real yo

Four 49ers already in the backfield by the time Saquon touched the ball there. Unreal.

Thought the call was wrong at first but I think it was simultaneous, that's a great play by the lineman. Probably the best play any lineman will make on this team all season long.

That was a CLEAR hold in the end zone, should have been a safety but I'll take the INT.

Eli had me nervous. Thought he was holding on the ball too long and the pocket was collapsing. Thought for sure that would be a sack or fumble. Good to see him hit OBJ in the end zone. We need that. Great throw too.

Defense got shredded on that drive. Couldn't stop the TE.

Last edited:
Our defense is better than this. Smh, I haven’t seen Landon play this bad since his rookie year. Defense gotta wake the **** up for the second half.

Back
Top Bottom