NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

...WHY did Manuel take Neise out seriously he was still pitching well
mad.gif

Ike is a dead pull hitter Mez, gotta expect that from him his first month or so. He's a smart kid and he can hit, he'll learn to inside out those pitches and use the gap to gap power he has.

How did the kid Ike do ? I'm at work watching the playoffs, ain't seen any highlights yet

Originally Posted by Proshares

Ike is a dead pull hitter Mez, gotta expect that from him his first month or so. He's a smart kid and he can hit, he'll learn to inside out those pitches and use the gap to gap power he has.
Que?
laugh.gif

If you're referring to the "pull" comment I made earlier that was on David Wright's pathetic at bat with the bases loaded.
sick.gif

[h2]Quote: Niese and Barajas had a Plan[/h2]
April 20, 2010 at 8:46 am · 47 comments

by Matthew Cerrone

Jon Niesepitched to two outs in the fifth inning, allowing one run, eight hitsand walking three, while striking out seven.  He tossed 112 pitches.

Niese explained that the cutter and slider are complimenting his curve ball, not replacing it, though he is using it less, adding:
“Rod and I had a good plan today, we stuck with it and it worked out.

those new pitches are terrific, so far… especially the twoseamer and the cutter, which he’s throwing nearly half of the time…he’s letting up hits, but they’re not being hit hard, and eventuallythey’ll start dropping in to gloves not grass when that happens, and he’s got less runners on, he’s going to be special

again, as i noted last night, six of the 13 players used in last night’s game for the Mets were home-grown talent, in niese, Jose Reyes, David Wright, Ike Davis, Jenrry Mejia and Angel Pagan, who was drafted by the Mets and a prospect they were enamored with early in his career… had Ruben Tejada been in there it would have been a majority, and an all home-grown infield… also, let’s not forget Mike Pelfrey is 2–0 with a 1.29 ERA…

To listen to all of Niese’s talk with reporters, click play below:

Seems like they are developing cutters with everyone in the minors the same way Peterson used to implement sliders with our pitchers. I like that guys like Santana, pelf, and Neise throw inside consistently.
[h2]The Mets Don’t Need Jenrry Mejia[/h2]
April 20, 2010 at 12:21 pm · 27 comments

by Matthew Cerrone
“Indeed, there appear to be enough dependable arms (in the bullpen) that the Mets won’t need Jenrry Mejiato be the primary setup man, and the rookie was only supposed to stayin the majors at age 20 if he played a pivotal role in the pen… So sendhim down now, build him back up as a starter in Triple-A and maybe bymid-June Mejia could be ready to take a spot in the rotation and makean impact.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Proshares

Que?
laugh.gif

If you're referring to the "pull" comment I made earlier that was on David Wright's pathetic at bat with the bases loaded.
sick.gif

Reading fail, I thought you said Davis not David
laugh.gif

Pelfrey pitched extremely amazing tonight.
I am very happy for Jose Reyes. It's good to see him smiling.
Tatis finally has hit a home run.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom