NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

I was watching and just itching to get to NT to express my frustration during the down moments.
laugh.gif

Good win.

All the +@@@ talking yet the Cards are the ones who couldn't score a measly run either and they have a "good team", and they only scored their runs the day before on one pitch.
laugh.gif

This is baseball, +@@@ like this happens and then the next day a team scores 8 runs.

Its gonna be a while before Maine gets it together but I think he is on a short leash.

I think Maine will be finally get it together now that he is on such a short leash...although I dont think he will pitch lights out tonight he is going to be solid.
If Maine is pulled from the rotation, who you see replacing him? And where will Maine go from here? 

Originally Posted by jordansmakeyoupoor

I think Maine will be finally get it together now that he is on such a short leash...although I dont think he will pitch lights out tonight he is going to be solid.
If Maine is pulled from the rotation, who you see replacing him? And where will Maine go from here? 
Neive is going to start eventually imo.

But Maine is healthy its his velocity that is down significantly (should be 94moh not 88)....either he is just too conscious of that shoulder and is scared to let it loose or he is trying to be too fine.

We shall see how it plays out.

Maine is possibly one bad start to demotion. Forreal, hopefully he gets it together tonight and we take a series for the first time this year.

Moving Nieve to the rotation will be a mistake. The guy isn't a starter, he's a reliever with good stamina. Throw him in the rotation and he's going to get beat up and injured again. If Maine gets pulled from the rotation I want to see a minor leaguer get promoted and see what he could do at the show.

Just heard on the radio 660 that Mets designated Jacobs for assignment... who didnt see this coming? 
roll.gif
 He has done NOTHING for us, and we gave him a chance to take over first base.
Anyone want to see them call up Ike Davis? I mean, Murphy is still hurt... and I really dont want to see Tatis starting at first base everyday 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by jordansmakeyoupoor

Just heard on the radio 660 that Mets designated Jacobs for assignment... who didnt see this coming? 
roll.gif
 He has done NOTHING for us, and we gave him a chance to take over first base.
Anyone want to see them call up Ike Davis? I mean, Murphy is still hurt... and I really dont want to see Tatis starting at first base everyday 
sick.gif
I'd bring up Chris Carter instead of Ike only because I don't want to see him get jerked around when Murphy comes back. However, if they're willing to give Ike the reigns and say this is your job to lose, regardless of what Murphy does when he comes back then I'd be thrilled to see him at the show.

How is Nieve being a starter a mistake, he was starting last year for us and did very well before he got hurt. At this point if Maine keeps throwing up stinkers he would make the rotation more serviceable. Only other guy who will be a starter on the team eventually is Mejia but he is not ready for that yet.

Jacobs being DFA'd means someone will get called up, wonder who......

Tonight's lineup is going to be brutal thanks to that 20 inning game yesterday:

REYES
CORA
WRIGHT
CATTALLANTO
FRENCHY
GMJ
BARAJAS
PAGAN
MAINE

Because he got hurt. For whatever reason his history of injury problems has stemmed from his time as a starting pitcher. Now it could just be because he's injury prone, or it could be from the pressure of starting. I don't know, but I like the role he's in now and I would hate to see us throw him in the rotation and have him sent to the DL like I'm afraid will happen if you start him.

That Dillon Gee kid we have in the minors has been throwing pretty well thus far, I'd much rather see what he could do on the next level then taking Nieve out of the bullpen, which weakens it btw.

At this point Nieve has pitched in 8 of 11 games already, he will be burnt out in a few weeks.

If Maine keeps stinking let him start, but of course we would have to find another guy for the pen and Mejia may have to stay.

Jury is still out on Maine though, so I'll hold off on that.

Schumaker 2B
Ludwick RF
Pujols 1B
Holliday LF
Rasmus CF
Molina C
Freese 3B
Ryan SS
Wainwright P

eek.gif
sick.gif

The world deserves to know what it was like growing up in the Molina household. I swear the three of them are made out of lumber.

eek.gif
I hope it's not too soon...

[h2]Sources: Met to promote Davis[/h2]

ST. LOUIS -- The New York Mets' first baseman of the future is the man of the present, too.

Mets officials plan to promote heralded prospect Ike Davis to Citi Field this week, team sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

nym.gif
 http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/

The Mets' 20-inning victory against the St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday initiated the series of moves that should lead to Davis' promotion within days. First baseman Mike Jacobs was designated for assignment so the Mets could promote fresh-armed right-hander Tobi Stoner from Triple-A Buffalo. The Mets are now carrying 13 pitchers, but plan to reduce an arm and promote a position player once the bullpen is rested.

Davis, 23, has a seven-game hitting streak with Buffalo and is hitting .364 with two homers and four RBIs in 33 at-bats. A first-round pick (18th overall) out of Arizona State in 2008, Davis' father Ron pitched 11 seasons in the majors, including with the Yankees from 1978-81.

As with third baseman David Wright's promotion after 114 at-bats in Triple-A in 2004, the timing of Davis' promotion is open for debate. Team insiders say there are particular reservations about whether Davis is ready, but Mets' first basemen are hitting a combined .143 with one homer and three RBIs through 11 games and there's particular pressure on the organization to win now. Mets pitchers are hitting .238 with two RBIs.

"It's a piece of the puzzle," Wright said, reflecting on the pressure a hyped prospect faces in New York. "There may be different sports where one player can come in and really 'take a team to the next level' type of thing. When it's time for him to come up, he just needs to remember to come in and do what he's done his whole career. I know there are expectations. I know there is going to be a lot of pressure. But he seems like he's a tremendous player, a great guy, and will do well at this level."

A slick fielder, Davis would be the first lefty-throwing staple at first base for the Mets since John Olerud in 1999.

"We saw a lot of mistakes early in spring training just from getting back into baseball in games," Mets infield/third base coach Chip Hale said. "You look at his numbers over his career -- and I've talked to his college coach -- he's got good hands, good feet. So you know he's going to be a good fielder. You just need to get used to the speed of the game. Major league hitters hit the ball a little bit harder. That's just the way it goes. As he got used to it, he got more comfortable. He's everything you want in a first baseman -- left-handed, real wide wingspan, long legs. He can do a lot of things. He makes all the other infielders comfortable throwing to him."

The Mets hoped a platoon of Fernando Tatis and Jacobs at first base could provide adequate coverage at the position until Daniel Murphy (sprained knee ligament) returns from the disabled list. However, Murphy is still a few weeks from his expected return and is not yet cleared to swing at pitches. And the production has not been there from the platoon.

Jacobs, who had four homers in his first four games in the majors as a Met before being traded to the Florida Marlins for Carlos Delgado on Nov. 24, 2005, hit .208 with one homer and two RBIs in 24 at-bats.

"I obviously didn't see it coming," Jacobs said.

Yadier is starting? Straight up cruel and unusual punishment right there.

Omg, game is on espn and the announcers are so horrible LOL... that last play Frenchy just made they called it with NO enthusiasm at all 
roll.gif
. Gary Cohen would have been going nuts

Nice throw by Jeff

Cardinals beating themselves right now.

Maine hopefully can keep this lead.

Back
Top Bottom