NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

:lol:

Its been a crazy 24 hours for sure.

I was super happy when the Gomez trade was announced on espn. Only to find out it didnt happen.

I want another bat before the deadline.

Flores isnt cut out for NY. He aint got the backbone. What else would you expect, the guys name is "flowers" :smh:

View media item 1651487

brutal loss today at home
frown.gif

Rosenthal says we're tying to get Bruce lol ok. Bruce makes more money than Gomez does and is half the player.

They need to just sell the team, what a gross situation.

I want no part of Bruce.

I'll be happy and realistic with wanting a series win, we'll see what they're made of this weekend.

When the Wilpons were associated with Madoff, Selig should have seized the team like he did the Dodgers on a more trivial issue.

Also not big on Bruce. What do y'all think about Cespedes?? What has been his deal since leaving Oakland?

Cespedes is great but we're not interested supposedly.

Dickbag wants someone with team control past this year. Which is nice, but the best option just went to Houston.

I'd settle for Cameron Maybin at this point, upgrade over Lagares offensively, not much of a drop-off defensively. Signed to an ok contract. Cespedes would be preferred but if we don't want him :rolleyes

Id like céspedes but why pay for a rental when you can sign him in the off season, just me.

Only reason I can't tolerate Bruce is because of outfield concerns, especially with Lagares elbow issues. He hasn't been the same.

Bruce in his last 50 games (June 2 - July 30):

213 PA / .287 BA / .352 OBP / .553 SLG% / .905 OPS
10 HR / 18 doubles / 1 triple

Last edited:
I understand Wheeler not being fully functional until 2017 like someone else brought up, but don't feel like Bruce is the piece to give up on him. I was fine if it meant bringing Gomez in or some of the other names out there. Just not high on Bruce, but it is looking like that is the bat we get, so will have to root for the jersey!!!

Bruce is too much like Duda for me. Can be terrible for 90 games and dominant for 40. Solid OBP and power, but I don't like the move at all.

Either Granderson would play center and we get a lot worse defensively.

Or

Conforto gets demoted and Lagares stays in center

So basically if it's the latter, we swap OBP's for some power (really confident in Conforto's eye at the plate) just to keep Lagares' glove and .280 OBP in the lineup. Don't see us gaining enough in this deal to rationalize losing Wheeler for a guy making more money than Gomez.

also, wheeler under team control until 2020 I think.  def could get better value in a year or two. 

we could go after cespedes in the offseason, but we need him NOW

edit: not very excited about this trade if it goes thru.  also me and a buddy were speculating that wilpon nixed the gomez deal after seeing flores crying.  what a guy

Last edited:
Gomez is also having a down year and is playing through injuries, while the name is sexy and I would have liked to have him here, his numbers this season are nothing to go crazy about.

and while I'm not too crazy about Bruce either, he is an attainable player that can help now, and would instantly improve the offense. Giving up Wheeler only would be a good move imo.

Mets would never take on Upton's contract, never.

Latest Update
Talks between the Mets and Reds about OF Jay Bruce and RHP Zack Wheeler are losing momentum, with the Reds giving second thoughts to what the Mets are offering (July 31, 12:42 pm). At the same time, the Mets have concerns about Bruce’s inconsistent production at the plate (July 12:46 pm).

Last edited:
damn, feel bad for wheeler.  hope he doesn't take it personally if he doesn't get moved haha

Got Cespedesl for probably Nimmo and another prospect.. Glad we did not deal Wheeler, main concern this offseason will be resigning cespedes to a value deal (knowing the mets we will overpay lol)

Fulmer and Cessa. Like the move. Fulmer big fastball, plus breaking stuff, avg command, No. 3 starter or setup man. Cessa backend of the rotation or middle relief.

Back
Top Bottom