New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

But for real, Rodon has to get his **** right over the offseason. This season went bad when he missed spring but he has to be a 1b to Cole. His location has been horrendous.

other teams bring up young guys and some wind up being superstars. Can the Yanks lower their noses one time and check him out in the big leagues ? Seasons over anyway ..
They're eta was/is next season. Yes the season was pretty much over. No one one here said just because.
Man this is where it all started. I'll be damed if I spend Friday going back and forth on it. But that's where it started. "Other teams do it and our season is over..." The reasoning is what I objected to.

ahhhh forget it. the kids are good, especially Dominguez. glad we did bring him up and see he can handle it. now if he doesn't start the yr here then we storm the stadium lookin for Cashman's head. till then let's enjoy it 0]

i was right tho :lol:

ahhhh forget it. the kids are good, especially Dominguez. glad we did bring him up and see he can handle it. now if he doesn't start the yr here then we storm the stadium lookin for Cashman's head. till then let's enjoy it 0]
Man that's a tough one. It's a really ****ed up thing to do to a kid but keeping him down for 20 days next year gets you an entire extra year of control. That's huge. We didn't do it with Judge or Volpe, don't think we'll do it with him, but man it's really really tempting. They really need to change that rule to like 2+ months or something bc 20 days is so tempting.

yeah i don't get all the other stuff. just watch the games and complain like other meatheads :lol:

didn't even know that was the case. but i'll bet i ain't the only meathead Yankee fan and trust if that kid ain't there opening day people will absolutely lose their sh*t ....

new bald vinny tee , just got one :nthat:

375656388_10162761395882564_3297339762626374151_n.jpg

in case anybody else want one ...

I'll give Cash one thing, everytime he goes Japanese shopping he hits. I think Irabu was the only one who was "decent" . Matsui was my guy :smokin

Old timers ceremony was :emoji_fire:

Brought back so many memories, that team was unstoppable. Team leader in hr's that yr was Tino with 28 . These new guys need to learn how to play as a team and not a sportscenter highlight ...

Amongst 2Bs in the AL (300 ABs, 16 qualifiers)

Gleyber:
1st in HR
2nd in R
2nd in GP
3rd in RBIs
3rd in WAR
3rd in wRC+
3rd in SLG
4th in OBP
5th in AVG
lol at AL only when 8 of the top 10 2b in WAR are in the NL. Not even mad, that's good troll.

Amongst 2Bs in the AL (300 ABs, 16 qualifiers)

Gleyber:
1st in HR
2nd in R
2nd in GP
3rd in RBIs
3rd in WAR
3rd in wRC+
3rd in SLG
4th in OBP
5th in AVG

Amongst the MLB (300ABs, 36 qualifiers, which increase the sample size by 12 as only 24 have gotten over 200 ABs as 2B)

Gleyber:
4th in HR
5th in R
3rd in GP
T-9th in RBIs
12th in WAR
7th in wRC+
8th in SLG
10th in OBP
T-12th in BA

This is like PG debates in the NBA for the last decade. The best 3 or 4 are their own island, and then the next like dozen are all equally as good as each other. So a better than top 10 2Bs, is a good thing to have.

A 38HR, 90 RBI Gleyber was 8th in WAR among 2B in 2019, for reference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom