New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

at least Cashman. Boone i have a feeling is gone. straight scapegoat ...
Maybe. A good September changes the entire mood for the offseason and makes it easy to run it back with the kids. Not saying that's right or wrong, just saying it's not as clean cut as if we end the season as poorly as we played in July and August.

Win or lose it always feel different when the kids are playing. In a good way. The whole team can go 0-for whatever but if any of the kids get a hit it feels good.

C: Wells / Trevino
1B: Rizzo
2B: Gleyber (somewhere between McNeil’s 4/50 and Martel’s 5/76)
SS: Volpe
3B: ?
LF: ?
CF: Martian
RF: Judge
DH: Stanton

Not sure the answer for 3B. Peraza or DJ. But I’d like to move off DJ, but DJ seems like he’s the likely guy for 3B next year.
LF seems like it’ll be Bellinger from almost all the tea leaves. But won’t pencil him in.
DH: I hold out hope they would make the run at Shohei, and make Stanton a 4 day a week player with games at LF, RF and DH. But that won’t happen, so Stanton at DH. I’m fine with it. Would need to sure up OF depth.

Also, a let’s go Yankees chant breaking out at Minute Maid is fantastic. I cannot wait to listen to local talk radio in Houston tomorrow and Tuesday when the main crews return from the holiday. Going to be peak entertainment :lol:

Wouldn't mind Soto coming in to plug that hole in LF but that's probably not gonna happen.

I also want to see both Cash and Boone gone.. but I'm sure it will just be Boone

Not really a hot take but this team really does rely on Stanton being healthy and just hitting league average be competitive.

If Stanton can literally be healthy and just hit league average in BA and OBP I guarantee we’d still be competing for a playoff spot.

FB_IMG_1694017663024.jpg

Pretty cool seeing all the alien costumes in the stands yesterday :lol: :smokin

We're making the wild card. Calling it now. Cashman and Boone save their job. We lose 11-1 and we all hate it.

It’s actually possible lol. I’m not saying it’s probable, but the all the teams in front of us all play each other to end the season.

Jays have series with us, Red Sox, Rangers, and 2 series with Tampa.

Sox with those same teams, plus two series with Baltimore and a 4 game set with us.

Rangers with series vs the Jays, Guardians, Sox, Angels and 2 series with the Mariners.

It’s a long shot no doubt, but with all of them playing each other and beating up on each other, it’s still somehow possible.

6.5 games with only 23 games left is very very unlikely, especially when you have to jump 3 teams and those teams all playing each other. Someone has to win when they play each other, they can't both take an L that day. So yea them playing each other is a bad thing.

Screenshot_20230906_230302_Chrome Beta.jpg

Back
Top Bottom