New York Yankees Official Thread - at O’s, 19-10

SS and CF are our biggest needs and we have Vlope and Jasson on the way. Really just need a year or two. I like Story at SS bc he can slide to 3b easily. Not sure who to target for CF. I'd really just run Gallo there but it seems the team doesn't want Stanton in LF for whatever reason.

You’re missing what I’m saying. Unless you’re a generational talent on defense at Catcher (Yadier), the entirety of importance of defense at catcher is vastly overrated.

No YOU’RE missing it completely. You don’t have to be generational to be at least league average. Catcher is arguably the most important position on the field. Your involved in every pitch and possibly influence every pitch.

SS and CF are our biggest needs and we have Vlope and Jasson on the way. Really just need a year or two. I like Story at SS bc he can slide to 3b easily. Not sure who to target for CF. I'd really just run Gallo there but it seems the team doesn't want Stanton in LF for whatever reason.

I still think Correa should be the target. Younger than story and would probably benefit more to shift to 3rd in a couple years.

I still think Correa should be the target. Younger than story and would probably benefit more to shift to 3rd in a couple years.
His injuries scare me. This year was the first year since 2016 that he played more than 110 games. We have enough IL candidates already lol. Meanwhile Story has played 142+ in every full season since 2017. We're talking 648 games vs 500 games since 2017. That's a full season more of games.

Get Trevor story, have DJ and Voit switch btwn 1B and DH.
Players generally play better when theyre playing the same position consistently.

Get 1 or 2 2nd tier SP and get another starting catcher, dump Sanchez as hes a liability both sides of the plate.

When a pitcher cant trust a catcher to receive his pitches, it has an impact on that pitcher.

His injuries scare me. This year was the first year since 2016 that he played more than 110 games. We have enough IL candidates already lol. Meanwhile Story has played 142+ in every full season since 2017. We're talking 648 games vs 500 games since 2017. That's a full season more of games.

Ehh 2019 was the only bad injury with the rib. he played all but two games last year. Granted shortened season, but when durable he’s one of the best. You compare Correa and Story’s numbers their similar, but I’d value Correa’s post season numbers so far - .270, .869 OPS, 65H (almost half XBH), 17 HR, 50 RBI.

Man I watched that first hit Stanton had again. **** was like Angels in the Outfield. It was gone and then it just stopped like the movie.

Go get Correa and Stroman.

Ehh 2019 was the only bad injury with the rib. he played all but two games last year. Granted shortened season, but when durable he’s one of the best. You compare Correa and Story’s numbers their similar, but I’d value Correa’s post season numbers so far - .270, .869 OPS, 65H (almost half XBH), 17 HR, 50 RBI.
Yea not saying they were serious injuries but they were enough to keep him out of the lineup. 150 more games over 4.5 seasons is significant.

listening to Micheal Kaye make excuses for Gerrit Cole got me ready to throw **** at my new tv :smh:

i don't wanna hear excuses for this pansy , dude quit. i don't wanna hear it was Boone takin the ball from him cause IMO Boone would've let him come to the dugout before pulling him., he asked to be taken out however they communicate. i don't wanna hear **** about him winning a CY young if he does. leaving that game when he did, at that place, against that team is unforgivable, no matter what trophies he brings to his den at home :smh:

still too salty ....

listening to Micheal Kaye make excuses for Gerrit Cole got me ready to throw **** at my new tv :smh:

i don't wanna hear excuses for this pansy , dude quit. i don't wanna hear it was Boone takin the ball from him cause IMO Boone would've let him come to the dugout before pulling him., he asked to be taken out however they communicate. i don't wanna hear **** about him winning a CY young if he does. leaving that game when he did, at that place, against that team is unforgivable, no matter what trophies he brings to his den at home :smh:

still too salty ....
So you're calling Boone and Cole a liar and inventing your own alternate reality. You one of those "Trump won!" guys too?

cashman thought he was gonna get away with mediocre starting rotation heany and others we got lucky with cortez eating up innings towards second half of season

gleyber is a stud at second evidently we can use DJ at third and first keep voit keep rizzo get rid of gallo he only had that short right porch homerun to show since he got traded

So you're calling Boone and Cole a liar and inventing your own alternate reality. You one of those "Trump won!" guys too?

no i'm one of those guys whose been watching this team my entire life, bad or good, that watches the game with my eyes and not from what a computer tells me. to answer your question, yes I'm calling Cole a liar. never heard of a manager taking the fall for his "star" ? if you've played ball, i'm not sure if you're the one who talks about little league and college ball, you'd know pitchers and managers communicate thru signs . if a pitcher doesn't think he's got it, he may use one of those signs to let a manager know he's done. we don't know for sure but what i saw was a guy who laid down after he saw what was coming.

and no I'm not one of those Trump guys. lets talk baseball and not my politics which have nothing to do with each other. grow up ....

no i'm one of those guys whose been watching this team my entire life, bad or good, that watches the game with my eyes and not from what a computer tells me. to answer your question, yes I'm calling Cole a liar. never heard of a manager taking the fall for his "star" ? if you've played ball, i'm not sure if you're the one who talks about little league and college ball, you'd know pitchers and managers communicate thru signs . if a pitcher doesn't think he's got it, he may use one of those signs to let a manager know he's done. we don't know for sure but what i saw was a guy who laid down after he saw what was coming.

and no I'm not one of those Trump guys. lets talk baseball and not my politics which have nothing to do with each other. grow up ....
lol I've never heard of a "No mas" handle signal. That doesn't exist. That's funny though. I mean go watch the video. He was looking down, looked up to catcher and said "I'm out?". Waited until Boone got to the mound and asked him the same. He didn't call Boone out to the mound. It's absurd you're creating this narrative.

i'll be the bigger man and admit I was being ridiculous with sayin he called Boone out cause apparently the "im out" was him cutting Higashioka off because he saw Boone coming out and Higgy was giving him advice. so yes i am over thinking , as many fans were this morning, but still him throwin up that stinker yesterday will never sit right with me , **** that. who knows if that spider tac was really the reason that this guy was top notch but last night and down the stretch he looked real regular. nevermind after the sticky stuff. he threw up that *******t performance when this is why we brought him here, for these games, not games in April ...

i'll be the bigger man and admit I was being ridiculous with sayin he called Boone out cause apparently the "im out" was him cutting Higashioka off because he saw Boone coming out and Higgy was giving him advice. so yes i am over thinking , as many fans were this morning, but still him throwin up that stinker yesterday will never sit right with me , **** that. who knows if that spider tac was really the reason that this guy was top notch but last night and down the stretch he looked real regular. nevermind after the sticky stuff. he threw up that *******t performance when this is why we brought him here, for these games, not games in April ...
Yea it was hostile timing for him to have a bad stretch. He's going to finish 1st or 2nd in the CY and most of the season was without sticky stuff so I'm not that worried about that part of it. He'll have an entire offseason to adjust to it instead of on the fly mid-season too. I totally get being upset about last night, it sucks.

The Aaron Boone “closed the gap” quote has gotten a hilarious reaction from almost every podcast or video I’ve seen.

Just a brutal quote.

Safe to say, I went pretty hard on the Ken Singleton stuff

6C6C1C98-02D3-4577-BF7D-6EC5F2F763F6.jpeg

CE835DF7-0570-404A-BDB7-AC52A358C40E.jpeg

I think it’s crazy to say Cole quit. He didn’t have a choice, it’s a win or go home game so why would they leave him in if he wasn’t at his best? Boone made the right decision.

Cole has been inconsistent since the ban and hasn’t been as good since the hamstring. He was bad and didn’t deliver but the offense was even worse. Our 4-9 hitters were 1-20 last night. It was literally just Stanton out there and Rizzo’s solo HR. Cole was bad but the bullpen was good enough. Offense was dead, like they’ve been all season long.

I think Cole’s hamstring was still bothering him. That’s not a quick healing injury.

“Jacoby Ellsbury played 27 more games in 4 seasons with the Yankees than Aaron Hicks has played in 6 seasons with the Yankees.” Sick contract Brian
Ellsbury wasn't run out of town bc he missed games. He was sent off bc he was baaaaaaad. He had a .716 OPS has a Yankees smh. That was such a dumb contract. He was extremely average outside of 1 year. He was amazing in 2011 and then went right back to average in 12 and 13 and THEN we gave him a huge deal. Never made sense.

I think the biggest problem is Ellsbury was the reaction to Robinson Cano taking Seattle’s money.

Hindsight being 20/20 the last 2-3 years of a 7 year Cano deal (if he took it) would have been awful, but the first 4 would have been All-Star level, top 10 MVP seasons.

Hicks was an extension. They wanted to lock him up long term to bypass free agency years, and it backfired due to injury. Still not mad at it, even though it hasn’t worked out.

Back
Top Bottom