New York Yankees Official Thread - at O’s, 19-10

I don’t think it’s an obsession, but it’d be nice to every now and then. All these teams that have won recently, or even appeared in the World Series, their rotations were mostly built from their system:

Astros each of the seasons they appeared in the World Series had 3-4 starters from their rotation they developed.

Diamondbacks had 4 starters.

Phillies had 3 starters

Braves had 3 starters.

Tampa had 3 starters.

Literally the whole Dodgers rotation.

Washington had 2.

Rangers and Cubs had at least 1.

Last time we won one we at least had 1 with Pettitte.

Who’s the last starter besides him that actually had sustained success and longevity with this team? Don’t get me wrong, I’d trade any of those guys (not necessarily all though) for a talent like Soto. Would have done it yesterday. But at some point we have to develop that as well. We can’t keep handing out huge contracts (Rodon - I hope he bounces back) and off loading prospects (Montas) and hope they work out. Could allocate those resources to upgrading an offense that has been really great outside of Judge.
Yea it's one of those things that would be awesome to do but we've sucked at it for 20 years so I'd put my money on Soto being better than any SP we develop. Gotta be honest with ourselves.

You already know those prospects will be included in Sonny Grey, Montas type trades within 18 months if we cheap out on them in a Soto trade.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 200349.png

midnight-staley-so-youre-telling-me-there-a-chance.gif

we gotta get Soto, i'd be so pissed if the Yanks zipped up their pockets and watched him go to the Jays. then they bring up one of these super prospects that bat .140 :smh:

i remember Phil Hughes was one guy they never wanted to trade and swore he'd have no room in his house for cy young's. anybody know what Applebees he works at now ?

we gotta get Soto, i'd be so pissed if the Yanks zipped up their pockets and watched him go to the Jays. then they bring up one of these super prospects that bat .140 :smh:

i remember Phil Hughes was one guy they never wanted to trade and swore he'd have no room in his house for cy young's. anybody know what Applebees he works at now ?

$81m worth of Appletini’s baybee

Soto is going into Free Agency.

And some team (at least 2-3) will totally outbid us.

He’s following the money. That’s who he is.

He’s not going to the ****ing Jays. That’s bull****.

But you guys need to think real hard and deep about our future right now.

It doesn't matter where he's playing in 2024 because he's going into free agency at seasons end. He's a Scott Boras client, it's what they all do.

Back
Top Bottom