New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Stros, 23-13

Drew Thorpe.

If they don’t send that man to San Diego where he belongs.

IMG_5344.jpeg

Kind of wanted to hold on to Thorpe. Would be nice to finally see us develop a solid starter for a change. He showed a lot of promise last year. If King could actually be that then send him.

Yea man good luck to Sevy. I’ll always love him. Wish him the best.

I think if he went somewhere with lower expectations maybe he could return to his old self.

But the Mets? Idk.

Everyone here in NY thinks Yamamoto is a Yankee.

So if we don’t land him I expect alot of pissed off individuals.

Me being one of them.
Really didn't expect that after the comments from his agent after Cashman popped off about Stanton but definitely a lot of smoke there.

I don’t think it’s an obsession, but it’d be nice to every now and then. All these teams that have won recently, or even appeared in the World Series, their rotations were mostly built from their system:

Astros each of the seasons they appeared in the World Series had 3-4 starters from their rotation they developed.

Diamondbacks had 4 starters.

Phillies had 3 starters

Braves had 3 starters.

Tampa had 3 starters.

Literally the whole Dodgers rotation.

Washington had 2.

Rangers and Cubs had at least 1.

Last time we won one we at least had 1 with Pettitte.

Who’s the last starter besides him that actually had sustained success and longevity with this team? Don’t get me wrong, I’d trade any of those guys (not necessarily all though) for a talent like Soto. Would have done it yesterday. But at some point we have to develop that as well. We can’t keep handing out huge contracts (Rodon - I hope he bounces back) and off loading prospects (Montas) and hope they work out. Could allocate those resources to upgrading an offense that has been really great outside of Judge.

the potential to score 6-7 runs a night is enuff for me to deal with a pitcher who gives up 4-5. we've have a good enuff bullpen to hold down a lead. JUST GET ME SOTO AND STOP *******TTIN !!!!

Back
Top Bottom