New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Stros, 23-13

Lazy to fact check but do we really have 6 catchers on the 40 man?
IMG_0711.jpeg

Not really big on signing Bellinger but Cash and his analytics Seem like they are trying to sabotage the Yankees at this point.

As the New York Yankees explore their options for a new outfielder, Cody Bellinger appears to be near the top of that list.
And despite another excellent campaign in his first season with the Chicago Cubs, it appears that the Yankees are a bit concerned over his hard-hit rate, according to the New York Post's Jon Heyman.
Bellinger batted .307/.365/.525 with 26 homers and 97 RBI in 130 games of action.
On paper, it appears that Bellinger would be the perfect fit in the Bronx as a left-handed outfielder that'll help diversify a right-handed heavy lineup. He also has the type of playoff experience that'll help a Yankees squad that has struggled to get over the hump in recent years.
Bellinger is a former NL and NLCS MVP.
It's also understandable why the Yankees will be nervous with this type of situation following the trade for Joey Gallo in 2021. Gallo struggled mightily during his time with the team and was ultimately shipped to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Gallo never hit better than .160 during his time with the Yankees.
However, Bellinger isn't a complete strikeout artist, hitting .279 when having two strikes.

I know there was a shoulder injury involved but man it's scary that Bellinger was flat out awful for 2 years the boom he became great again in his FA year.

If no Soto, no Shoehei

Bellinger is the best fit. He would be a 30HR guy. Can clearly hit, and is a lefty.

To pass on FA again when you have an MVP caliber player (Judge) and Cy Young pitcher (Cole) is malpractice deserving to be fired.

A healthy Rizzo, Bellinger and a switch Martian is a solid start for L/R balance

(I would take Soto first though)

If no Soto, no Shoehei

Bellinger is the best fit. He would be a 30HR guy. Can clearly hit, and is a lefty.

To pass on FA again when you have an MVP caliber player (Judge) and Cy Young pitcher (Cole) is malpractice deserving to be fired.

A healthy Rizzo, Bellinger and a switch Martian is a solid start for L/R balance

(I would take Soto first though)
I completely understand but I just wouldn’t feel comfortable giving him an 8-10 yr deal.

Soto, Yamamoto and monty would be some solid pickups... two of three of these players would be a solid pickup but if you can get all 3 then you go for it... dont see ohtani coming here imo but hopefully I'm wrong

Word is the Yankees aren’t even talking to Ohtani’s reps and are focused on Yamamoto.

good, no need to waste our time for a guy we know doesn't want to be in NY. let the Mets beg him ....

Don't think they'd include Jasson in the deal. I could def see King being thrown in. I just hope it's not King and Thorpe.

Back
Top Bottom