New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Stros, 23-13

jesus christ Stanton sucks :smh:

fastball , down the pipe :smh:

FB_IMG_1690942511718.jpg

:smh:

Last edited:
Him and Hal are trying to insult our intelligence. Cash can’t be serious. How can we get better within when all our Vets with the exception of a few stink and the only young player that they give a long leash to is Volpe. And I don’t even know what to say if anyone believes Middleton will make this team better.

“My analytics/advanced stats team says Middleton had bad fielding on 50 percent of hits and he’s really good pitching on mondays, Wednesday’s and fridays against lefties during the daytime. FOH

Long rant but whatever. Most prob won’t read but again, whatever. Just feeling indifferent towards this team right now.

Just sitting and watching this deadline unfold, was pretty frustrating as a fan. There wasn’t anyone to really go after, and for how we’ve been playing, we needed too much to actually make a run. Selling what you could, was pretty much the only option. Then you go out and instead of dealing anyone, you acquire a reliever….. This team has underperformed and been outright bad, and been booed more times at home than I can recently remember. That move just felt like a slap in the face.

The comment was made of who exactly? Which don’t get me wrong, I get. But there are plenty serviceable names on this roster that other teams could have use for. Bader was supposedly getting some traction and interest. Torres probably would have fetched a better haul than anyone outside of Judge and Cole. You may could have gotten a few young arms for him. You’re going to have two rotation spots open next season potentially as it is.
You could have traded guys like Peralta and Holmes because teams are always looking for bullpen depth. IKF has prob been your most consistent player

They had an opportunity to go into the offseason with a reset. They didn’t necessarily have to rebuild. Donaldson, Severino, Montas, IKF, Bader, Peralta and the reliever we just traded for (slap in the face) all come off the books after the season. That’s $56 mil off the books, another $10 mil with Hicks fully coming off as well, with the ability to possibly free up more.

I think you could get off of Stanton (would have to send money), DJ, Kahnle, Trivino (pitcher), Trevino (catcher) contracts. But it’s ultimately going to come down to letting Cashman do that, or finally after years in the making, scrap the front office, bring in a new GM and new analytics team and actually show commitment to this roster and the fans instead of complacency.

I don’t understand with a lineup/roster “supposedly” built for a deep playoff run why he couldn’t have been part of the solution. There’s a reason you you went out and got him at the deadline last season. Not saying he’d be THE answer, but he would have brought better balance to the lineup.

IKF has been our third best player.

Reason no52 for termination.
Na, that's just not true. Obviously Judge and Gleybar have been better (I assume we're talking just position players) but even guys like Bauers and McKinney have been better in way less AB's.

1690998547642.png

Na, that's just not true. Obviously Judge and Gleybar have been better (I assume we're talking just position players) but even guys like Bauers and McKinney have been better in way less AB's.

1690998547642.png

Since Judge has been out IKF has been .300BA/.800 OPS.

Our most reliable player.

So hence, THIRD BEST PLAYER.

Since Judge has been out IKF has been .300BA/.800 OPS.

Our most reliable player.

So hence, THIRD BEST PLAYER.
If you'd said he'd been the 3rd best player over the last 2 months, I wouldn't have commented. Bauers bat jumps off the page. He needs more AB's.

1691000131088.png

If you'd said he'd been the 3rd best player over the last 2 months, I wouldn't have commented. Bauers bat jumps off the page. He needs more AB's.

1691000131088.png

Yea. I’m not taking Volpe in an RBI situation over IKF.

Regardless that’s not the point. The point is how embarrassing it is that IKF has arguably been our best player since Judge has been injured.

That’s the point.

Yea. I’m not taking Volpe in an RBI situation over IKF.

Regardless that’s not the point. The point is how embarrassing it is that IKF has arguably been our best player since Judge has been injured.

That’s the point.
Oh the team is ***. We're splitting hairs at this point.

its still early to tell but one of the biggest disappointments has been rodon... I was saying this team needs a legit #2 and they should sign him... now its looking like a mistake signing smh

its still early to tell but one of the biggest disappointments has been rodon... I was saying this team needs a legit #2 and they should sign him... now its looking like a mistake signing smh
Definitely not too early, most knew as soon as we signed him it would be regrettable.

I’ll give Rodon another chance. There were people who didn’t think he’d pitch this season. Those rumors were flying.

Plus it’s not the pitching that’s killed us. We are the second worst hitting team in Baseball.

Definitely not too early, most knew as soon as we signed him it would be regrettable.
Define "most."

He was a top 3 or so pitcher in baseball for 2 years. Everyone wants to be a Monday Morning QB but at the time the signing was generally well received. You'll always have the glass half empty guys that hate literally every singly thing the club does and then brings it up when they are eventually right but those guys just suck.

Based on what? We're bad, we're not that bad.

Since after Judge went down.

Every stat I’ve been bringing up is based on when Judge went down.

You how like they do with calendars and Jesus? BC & AD

Mine is AJ. After Judge. I’ll start using it specifically not confuse anybody.

Since after Judge went down.

Every stat I’ve been bringing up is based on when Judge went down.

You how like they do with calendars and Jesus? BC & AD

Mine is AJ. After Judge. I’ll start using it specifically not confuse anybody.
lol you gotta be more specific haha

But yea I get what you're saying now. I prefer wRC+ for total offensive production. We're no 2nd worst but we're definitly down there. This is from 6/2/23 through today. 100 is league average, we're at 84. 84!!! Braves have been over 50% better. That's so damn sad.

1691009180782.png

Back
Top Bottom