New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

the real question is should Judge still be batting lead off? This is the post season so no reason for him to try to get the most at bats to break the home run record like in the regular season

Gleyber batting leadoff wouldn’t be a bad idea. Of our 4 best hitters, he’s the better base runner and stands the most to gain on where he is in the order.

Gleyber - Rizz- Judge - Stanton or flip Judge and Stanton since Stanton is and always has been a really good post season power hitter. (Has one less home run and 2 less RBIs in like 15 less games than Judge)

Stop pinch running for Stanton in playoff games!
Unless it’s the 9th or later and you’re down, do not take your best post season bat out of the game. It’s dumb.

our boy Arod might have a point here ...

This is gimmicky baseball. You cannot let your best player, your best hitter (continue) hitting first. Babe Ruth didn’t do it. Barry Bonds didn’t do it. Frank (Thomas) didn’t do it. This guy (David Ortiz) didn’t do it. I didn’t do it. It doesn’t exist. The reason why is because you want to protect — you play chess. It’s like the queen of the chess board. You want to put the best two hitters in front (of Judge), and the best two hitters behind, and protect. The Yankees are putting the worst two hitters — the eighth and ninth hitter (in front). It puts an enormous amount of pressure. You want him to come up in that first at-bat and be very relaxed, see 12 or 14 pitches like I used to do with (Derek) Jeter and (Johnny) Damon and maybe (Mark) Teixeira, and maybe pop a three-run homer. It’s ridiculous that this guy’s hitting leadoff and it’s a mistake. I don’t know who’s doing it — Boone or (general manager Brian) Cashman — but somebody has to change that immediately.”

I been sayin Boone should stop hittin him first already. I know he probably only trusts DJ hittin first but lets be for real, Judge hittin a 2 or 3 run shot in the 1st is better than a solo. Plus he'll see more pitches before he comes up.

Bader
Rizzo
Judge
Stanton

Throw the how to be a coach handbook away and manage it like a ballgame and not fantasy baseball ...

i need Judge tonight with this energy tonight :evil:

200.gif

none of this nicest guy in baseball ****.

A-Rod is going to look like a genius now that he called for Judge to be moved out of the lead off spot and now he’s instantly producing :lol:

Sorry for being MIA guys, been out of town for daughter's bday. Been watching while multitasking. Do not recommend. Enough about me, let's hope the pen holds on tonight.

Back
Top Bottom