New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Bring him back

5206237D-6DB6-46EE-8C74-2952114B19E8.jpeg

Yanks gotta stop playin like everyone's still intimidated by the NY, that ain't the case nowadays. Boone managed that game like an idiot. what sucks is we all in the back of our minds know he should be gone but if he wins a chip he'll be here at least 3 more yrs. can't even taste my bacon this morning ...

charlie-day-sad.gif

Win a chip? Boone? :lol:

What are you talking about right now? :lol:

I don't want any part of what I'm about to say to be twisted into me defending Boone last night...

But the MLB playoffs are a freaking crapshoot and people need to realize that. The Braves won 88 games last year, wouldn't have made the playoffs in any other division bc they wouldn't have even made the WC. The Dodgers won 111 games this year and out. The Braves were the best team in the 2h and out. The Phillies won 87 games and are red hot right now. Don't get me wrong, it's great to do well in the playoffs but it's a really dumb way of measuring a team, player, or manager. The best team rarely wins it all, especially now that they've added so many rounds. And I don't think it's coincidence that 2 of the 4 teams with a BYE are already out with another on the ropes. 5 days off after playing daily for 6 months really messes up the rhythm. And MLB giving Cleveland a day off after G1 and then having rain the next day eliminated the advantage we had by having our rotation lined up and them not. Don't get me wrong, decisions like last night don't help but the days of chip or nothing are over and we need to all be realistic about it.

Bring back joe torre for **** sakes. I’ve never been convinced of Boone.

Hell na he missed the playoffs as much as he made them. His last 5 seasons were gross.

You can’t look at the teams he was given in the middle of the 2010s and think, “yeah that’s a playoff team.” The fact that he kept them over .500 was a miracle.

Did anyone see why Cabrera was so far back against a player that can’t hit HRs? I just want to know if that was him or the coaches telling him to go back. He makes that catch, most likely win.

Schmidt made a good pitch, Oscar got lucky as hell and hit it. It happens, not gonna blame pitching. Clay Holmes been pretty much garbage since July 14.

Blowing to games in a row is a damn shame. Gleybar with that awful throw to Rizzo in game 2 killed that game. It was a tough play but he’s gotta make that throw. Now this catch last night.

I think Cole and Judge have a big game tonight.

Don’t see either team beating Houston. Cleveland isn’t that good and the Yankees gonna be tired and ****** up if we somehow win this series.

These mu****as need this one. This recent trend of regular season dominance to only have it handed back in the post is tiresome.

Bronx bombers need more hitters.

Back
Top Bottom