New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Crazy to see guys like Montas that have been really good elsewhere come here and just be ***. Sonny Gray was same way.

Crazy to see guys like Montas that have been really good elsewhere come here and just be ***. Sonny Gray was same way.

A lot of players have been like that.

Montas is just another in the long line of them.

Yankees had their chances to score big in the beginning of the game to knock verlander out early; the only pro is that we threw our #4 who pitched enough to win and didn’t waste a Cole/Cortes start

Can't be mad with that loss.

- Jamo did well
- I liked Castro's inning, didn't hate what I saw from Montas either
- Rizzo, Stanton, Bader look good

I feel bad for Carpenter. The golden sombrero sucked but I can't hold it against him. Donaldson needs to get his **** together at the plate. IKF shouldn't have been in the lineup.

I mean we had our chances…

Whatever. We move.

Boome being the regular season manager that he is, didn’t feel good from the start.

It’s hard to really encompass how much of a disaster that Gary/Gio for JD/IKF trade was.

Huge SS market in Free Agency, Correa essentially took a 1 year deal just to be in a separate market.
Also IKF blocking Cabrera and Peraza who can play. The amount of routine plays throughout the year that IKF booted, it’s as if Gleyber was still at SS.

DJ while injured now, could have been playing everyday at 3B. Or even Gio playing 3B everyday.
Donaldson only provided 2 extra homeruns. For $15mil more dollars. His defense was good, but if you had Gio or DJ there, you wouldn’t have seen a drastic difference.

If they wanted to move on from Gary and Gio, fine. That’s okay.
But these idiots should have looked into pitching. Not the other side of 35. And a guy who isn’t even a SS to play SS just because he has a good glove. They could have saved Gio for that too.

I’m sure they’ll go on a hot streak now. But the point still stands. They are terrible, and that trade was the worst.

You know me, this is the type of energy I LOVE…

But bruh, I’m scared of these trash bangers 😭
I feel this. Ideally woulda been nice to avoid them but if we want a chip we gotta figure out how to finally beat them. Also verlander always pitching out his *** versus us. We should have taken the risk on his this off season just to avoid him now lol

I just hope this series plays out differently compared to previous post seasons where we always leave runners on base... Ya we get home runs but to rely on that is not good either... The roster is built differently outside of gleyber, Stanton and judge

After last night i have zero confidence we're gonna win this series. The way our pitching's lined up, Boone's dumb *** decisions, everyone swinging for their Yankeeography moment, i don't see how we're winning this. I'd love to be wrong but these guys from 4 down are dam near automatic outs unless they put one in the seats.

This team is too in love with the longball. Guys are doing nothing to advance runners, get on base, sacrifice, nothing. HR or go home :smh:

This why i say Boone's an idiot. He's got all these guys slumpin and not walking but yet he'll never have em bunt, or do whatever to keep the line moving. Majority of these guys can't make contact when they have to. Like i said, hope they win, just not as confident and that sucks cause i have alotta people waiting for them to lose to get at me :lol:|l

After last night i have zero confidence we're gonna win this series. The way our pitching's lined up, Boone's dumb *** decisions, everyone swinging for their Yankeeography moment, i don't see how we're winning this. I'd love to be wrong but these guys from 4 down are dam near automatic outs unless they put one in the seats.

This team is too in love with the longball. Guys are doing nothing to advance runners, get on base, sacrifice, nothing. HR or go home :smh:

This why i say Boone's an idiot. He's got all these guys slumpin and not walking but yet he'll never have em bunt, or do whatever to keep the line moving. Majority of these guys can't make contact when they have to. Like i said, hope they win, just not as confident and that sucks cause i have alotta people waiting for them to lose to get at me :lol:|l
Man you brought up bunts. You want 1986 back so bad it's hilarious. The Astos won bc they hit 3 HR, not bc they bunted people over.

Man you brought up bunts. You want 1986 back so bad it's hilarious. The Astos won bc they hit 3 HR, not bc they bunted people over.

Understood, but if we aint hittin 3 run hr's to win we need to try another way. Theres not alotta for these guys to " find their swing ".

I'm not sayin bunt with Judge but why couldn't Donaldson bunt with the slump he's in ? How bout Carpenter gettin Rizzo home with a lil bunt to 3rd when Rizzo's 6 feet from him down the line with no one near 3b ? I know the small ball ain't sexy but if u got no stroke sometimes u gotta find another way in the box .....

I agree.. we will live and die by the long ball. One of the headaches all year and reason we left so many runners on base this year. Smh.

Trying to remain positive

Understood, but if we aint hittin 3 run hr's to win we need to try another way. Theres not alotta for these guys to " find their swing ".

I'm not sayin bunt with Judge but why couldn't Donaldson bunt with the slump he's in ? How bout Carpenter gettin Rizzo home with a lil bunt to 3rd when Rizzo's 6 feet from him down the line with no one near 3b ? I know the small ball ain't sexy but if u got no stroke sometimes u gotta find another way in the box .....
Have you stood in the box and faced a guy throwing 100? "Oh just put it in place, just get a hit" isn't so easy. That's why guys way smarter than your or I have just said "**** it, swing and hit it to Jersey if you make contact. Carpenter and Donaldson are slow af. Sure a perfect bunt could be a hit but a perfect bunt is really freaking hard for someone that doesn't even practice it much. Don't get me wrong, we need to cut down on the 17 k's for sure. Can't win like that. Gotta get the ball in play more. But not by bunting and giving away outs. That's not how you win games.

Back
Top Bottom