New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

Have you stood in the box and faced a guy throwing 100? "Oh just put it in place, just get a hit" isn't so easy. That's why guys way smarter than your or I have just said "**** it, swing and hit it to Jersey if you make contact. Carpenter and Donaldson are slow af. Sure a perfect bunt could be a hit but a perfect bunt is really freaking hard for someone that doesn't even practice it much. Don't get me wrong, we need to cut down on the 17 k's for sure. Can't win like that. Gotta get the ball in play more. But not by bunting and giving away outs. That's not how you win games.

Sorry but if you're a major leaguer u should be able to bunt. If you're slumpin and striking out multiple times with runners on base then maybe u should consider tappin one down the line with a runner halfway down the line and the 3rd baseman playin SS :smh:

And i don't know about u but i played ball and faced guys throwin 97 and yes its a blurr but again if you've reached the majors bunting is a skill u should know by now. Shouldn't be too hard to even jab at a ball and poke it into LF on 2 bounces when a guy is nowhere to defend it. And don't gimme the game has changed reply because what's always worked ironically still does. Just ain't sexy for the highlights and player's bank accounts ...

Sorry but if you're a major leaguer u should be able to bunt. If you're slumpin and striking out multiple times with runners on base then maybe u should consider tappin one down the line with a runner halfway down the line and the 3rd baseman playin SS :smh:

And i don't know about u but i played ball and faced guys throwin 97 and yes its a blurr but again if you've reached the majors bunting is a skill u should know by now. Shouldn't be too hard to even jab at a ball and poke it into LF on 2 bounces when a guy is nowhere to defend it. And don't gimme the game has changed reply because what's always worked ironically still does. Just ain't sexy for the highlights and player's bank accounts ...
You ever stop to think a lot of players don't do what you're saying bc it's not as easy as you think it is? If it was a gimme like you think, more would do it.

Players do what they are told. People smarter than you and I aren't telling them to bunt. It's not about their highlights and bank accounts, they are just following orders.

After last night i have zero confidence we're gonna win this series. The way our pitching's lined up, Boone's dumb *** decisions, everyone swinging for their Yankeeography moment, i don't see how we're winning this. I'd love to be wrong but these guys from 4 down are dam near automatic outs unless they put one in the seats.

This team is too in love with the longball. Guys are doing nothing to advance runners, get on base, sacrifice, nothing. HR or go home :smh:

This why i say Boone's an idiot. He's got all these guys slumpin and not walking but yet he'll never have em bunt, or do whatever to keep the line moving. Majority of these guys can't make contact when they have to. Like i said, hope they win, just not as confident and that sucks cause i have alotta people waiting for them to lose to get at me :lol:|l

couldnt agree more... the team relies heavy on homers to get runs... I was hoping this year would be different because the lineup is built different...but nope same strategy... you look at those 90s Yankees team and they were hitting everything not just homers...every guy on those teams can get hits and werent so reliant on homers

couldnt agree more... the team relies heavy on homers to get runs... I was hoping this year would be different because the lineup is built different...but nope same strategy... you look at those 90s Yankees team and they were hitting everything not just homers...every guy on those teams can get hits and werent so reliant on homers
Those 90s teams were facing 86mph fastballs, not 98. The game has changed.

This is something to sure up for next year. 6-7 in the order.

You can punt 8&9 if you want. But can’t have this stupid nonsense at 6&7.

Those 90s teams were facing 86mph fastballs, not 98. The game has changed.

u really need to stop. Nolan Ryan hit 108 in the 70's , and that's no bull****. Randy Johnson played in the 90's, he threw pretty . Remember Roger Clemens ? he threw pretty hard in the 80's and 90's. the pitching talent nowadays is better now because of the science. imagine some of the guys i mentioned pitching with everything these guys have, tablets after ab's. these guys had a beer and a cigarette in between innings. theres always been hard throwers.

and look at that , making contact and not striking out works

u really need to stop. Nolan Ryan hit 108 in the 70's , and that's no bull****. Randy Johnson played in the 90's, he threw pretty . Remember Roger Clemens ? he threw pretty hard in the 80's and 90's. the pitching talent nowadays is better now because of the science. imagine some of the guys i mentioned pitching with everything these guys have, tablets after ab's. these guys had a beer and a cigarette in between innings. theres always been hard throwers.

and look at that , making contact and not striking out works
Bahahahahahahaha at 108 man stop, you can't actually believe that.

Yes, some guys threw hard. They were the outliers. Here's actual facts.

Judge has 685 PAs at 4.19 pitches per PA, sees fastballs 43.7% of the time at an average speed of 94.1 mph so he’s probably close to 300-400 over 97.

For reference, first season there is pitch type data is 2002, year after 73, and Bonds saw 68% fastballs on average at 89 mph.

Judge would have hit 80 HR vs that.

**** is just different now. Harmon Killebrew was supposed to huge, nicknamed the Killer. He was 5"11 213lbs. That's Gleyber now. Even in football, Jack Lambert was a monster. He was 6'4 220lbs. That's Josh Allen, a QB, now. It's just different so thinking we should still play the same just doesn't work.

We can continue this later. Let's get this W.

Back
Top Bottom