New York Yankees Official Thread - at Phils; 64-45 - Jazz Show is LIVE

this team is pretty infuriating right now.

DFA Donaldson and call up Peraza.

Willie Calhoun doesn’t belong on a roster.

Need Bader to hit and stay healthy when he comes back. Hope that Judge comes back soon. They’re arguably our best hitters.

Sevy has been garbage. German been so hot and cold. Hope Rodon shows something and can stay healthy.

Crazy our bullpen has been the only bright spot during this and had the best era in MLB. Should be getting Ian Hamilton back this week.

The team needs some crazy spark and don’t want it to just be on Judge. I’m almost ready to say move on from Stanton. Just wildly frustrating/disappointing.
Agree with a lot of this. Hopefully Bader can give the offense a spark. Rodon can be elite, hope he's healthy. Sevey and German need to be more consistent. Judge can't do it all.

There’s been rumblings of us targeting Tyler O’Neil in a trade hoping a change of scenery helps him. Hell no. Stop making little moves. Stop being cute and be the Evil Empire.

Gleyber is 20th in WAR for 2b.

Gleyber is 10th in wRC+ for 2b.

He's gotten a bit unlicky on BABIP so he has room for improvement but I wouldn't say he's elite. Rizzo has been our 2nd best hitter.

Outside of Judge, we just have a bunch of guys.

With runners on Gleyber is
.295/.381/.474
(Which outside of slugging is about a match for what he was in 2019 when he absolutely crushed the ball all year .306/.350/.533)

He’s doing well in the counting stats versus other 2B. And he’s been available which is worth something for this team.

Not saying he’s Prime Robbie Cano. But he’s been good. If it wasn’t a bunch of other **** in the order. Some of those number probably see a decent sized bump.

With runners on Gleyber is
.295/.381/.474
(Which outside of slugging is about a match for what he was in 2019 when he absolutely crushed the ball all year .306/.350/.533)

He’s doing well in the counting stats versus other 2B. And he’s been available which is worth something for this team.

Not saying he’s Prime Robbie Cano. But he’s been good. If it wasn’t a bunch of other **** in the order. Some of those number probably see a decent sized bump.
Pulling just RISP numbers is weird. Overall he's just been a guy. 110 RC+ isn't bad. Solid player, just not really what any of us had hoped he'd become. Not someone you dump a huge amount of money in. He's not the reason we're struggling though. He hasn't been bad. Definitely some room for improvement if his BABIP luck turns.

Dont want to but I agree

g-time prett much hit the nail on the head above....... F the cuteness

E.jpg

any clue why they wouldnt let His hitting coach at facilities ? seems odd, like the other parts of the post do too

Nome of this sounds unusual to me.

Hit hitting coach isn't an employee. Maybe they should hire him but that's a different debate. He's not an employee so not sure why he should be allowed in the facilities.

It's very common for anyone, athletes included, to get a 2nd opinion on medical issues.

Not sure on the Volpe. Idc how he gets right but we need him to get it together.

The team has issues for sure, just not sure anything in that post is uncommon at all.

Pulling just RISP numbers is weird. Overall he's just been a guy. 110 RC+ isn't bad. Solid player, just not really what any of us had hoped he'd become. Not someone you dump a huge amount of money in. He's not the reason we're struggling though. He hasn't been bad. Definitely some room for improvement if his BABIP luck turns.

Not weird at all. I wanted to see how he does with runners on. And didn’t feel like saying he ranks etc etc etc amongst second basemen in each category.

Nome of this sounds unusual to me.

Hit hitting coach isn't an employee. Maybe they should hire him but that's a different debate. He's not an employee so not sure why he should be allowed in the facilities.

It's very common for anyone, athletes included, to get a 2nd opinion on medical issues.

Not sure on the Volpe. Idc how he gets right but we need him to get it together.

The team has issues for sure, just not sure anything in that post is uncommon at all.

Ok fair enough , but I DO NOT agree with not letting His hitting coach in the facilities. Anybody who is helping the man that means so much to this team should have a 100% green light, on the payroll or not, right ? Kinda lucky Judge isnt an ******* and takes a hard line about that one IMHO.

I would hope the best organization in baseball history would be able to help Volpe IN HOUSE, but I am withya on whatever it takes to get him right let it happen

Coupe' It has a good point, what the flip is our hitting coach doin ??? He the one who picks up the sunflower seeds and gum for the team ? :D

Once Judge comes back after the ASB and things get right all this nonsense should be forgotten, until then, personally I am just hoping an praying FOR ALL TO GET AND STAY HEALTHY, injuries seem to be their biggest opponent.

TB/BAL series starting, itd be real nice to take the series from Seattle.

PLAY BALL !

Ok fair enough , but I DO NOT agree with not letting His hitting coach in the facilities. Anybody who is helping the man that means so much to this team should have a 100% green light, on the payroll or not, right ? Kinda lucky Judge isnt an ******* and takes a hard line about that one IMHO.

I would hope the best organization in baseball history would be able to help Volpe IN HOUSE, but I am withya on whatever it takes to get him right let it happen

Coupe' It has a good point, what the flip is our hitting coach doin ??? He the one who picks up the sunflower seeds and gum for the team ? :D

Once Judge comes back after the ASB and things get right all this nonsense should be forgotten, until then, personally I am just hoping an praying FOR ALL TO GET AND STAY HEALTHY, injuries seem to be their biggest opponent.

TB/BAL series starting, itd be real nice to take the series from Seattle.

PLAY BALL !
A lot of athletes have personal coaches. A lot of athletes have personal trainers. A lot of QB's have private coaches. A lot of NBA guys have shooting coaches. A lot of MLB guys have hitting coaches. A lot of pitchers have private pitching coaches. It's not rare at all. There's a whole industry of personal coaches that don't work for teams. Most of those guys aren't allowed in team facilities bc they aren't employees and they work with players on other teams. Hell Sean Payton just did the same thing with Russell Wilson's private coach. This isn't unusual at all. The guy that tweeted is just unfamiliar with it and thinks it's an issue but it's not at all. It's very very common.

Still basically withya 100%, I realize the personal trainer aspect or shooting coach aspect in other sports as well as baseball too. It just struck me as ODD not rare that theyd put a limit on his access. Now IF he does work with players on other teams I withdraw the ODD angle and 100 % agree with not allowing access, IF he only works with Mr Judge though, I just feel ya dont stick yer nose in it especially after knockin 62 out in 1 season without cheating

If Steph Currys shooting coach ONLY worked with Steph id let him come and go as he pleases. Is all Im kinda saying.

Id love to hear it from Judges point of view instead of a guy looking for clicks on his twitter account, which I went for hook line and sinker :blush:

Still basically withya 100%, I realize the personal trainer aspect or shooting coach aspect in other sports as well as baseball too. It just struck me as ODD not rare that theyd put a limit on his access. Now IF he does work with players on other teams I withdraw the ODD angle and 100 % agree with not allowing access, IF he only works with Mr Judge though, I just feel ya dont stick yer nose in it especially after knockin 62 out in 1 season without cheating

If Steph Currys shooting coach ONLY worked with Steph id let him come and go as he pleases. Is all Im kinda saying.

Id love to hear it from Judges point of view instead of a guy looking for clicks on his twitter account, which I went for hook line and sinker :blush:
Here's his page and he lists other current players as students, from high school to the bigs lol.

Here's his IG where he's giving teaching seminars.

And so many players have private coaches, especially in the offseason. Can't give Judge's access and not the others. I get he's the best player for us by a mile but you can't treat him differently. I think he's be the first to say that. Can't have 15 different hitting coaches in the clubhouse.

Back
Top Bottom