New York Yankees Official Thread - RIP Former Manager Petey Rose

Having a conversation with some friends last night. Have no idea what to expect from October. They have talent, and are as talented as any team in the AL. But it feels like something is missing.
The Clay Holmes issue being the biggest achilles heel. Martian has to be starting in the playoffs, which makes him not being up more frustrating. But if he doesn't play in the playoffs and they lose and Verdugo looks like **** should get somebody fired.

What I do have hope for is Soto is good in the playoffs. Stanton and Gleyber are really good in the playoffs. If they can get Judge to hit decently in the playoffs, and Jazz provides spark, there's a lot to like.

But as someone who likes to look long term, I'll trumpet that I do like the lineup turnover for next year.
-Give Soto the biggest deal in Yankee history.
-Bring back Gleyber (probably could keep him for really good value)
-I'd decline Rizzo's option, and then add $4mil back on for a total of 1 year $10mil, as ****** as he's been, you're paying him $6mil anyway.
-I'd sell the farm to get out of money on DJ
-See if you can find a 1B replacement.

Martian should absolutely be up and in the lineup for Verdigo. How it’s been handled has been terrible.
Yea the loyalty to Verdugo is baffling. I don't get it. Dude had a good April and they are being loyal like he's an old Jeter. Why? For what? He's never been a good hitter and he's having his worst year of his career. We don't owe him ****.

1000010018.jpg

Think this is the nice way of sittin DJ

Wells has completely changed the lineup. Now if Dominguez can settle in we got something going.

Back
Top Bottom