New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

We get it. You don't like Gary. No matter what he does. At this point it's just beating a dead horse.

Agreed on part 1.

Part 2 - But at the same time. Higgy doesn’t walk at all. And with the exception of an uncharacteristic game where he hits 3 Homeruns, he’s no more than John Ryan Murphy at bat.
The Gary excuses are getting old and funny at this point. You’re knocking Higgy for not Walking but making excuses for a Major league catcher batting 150 and 180 2 of the last 3 years.

We get it G-time stands for Gary Time and that’s why you ride so hard for him.

I think you're a bit harder on him than the rest when the desired outcome isn't there, yea. But I've openly admitted where he can improve and be better at, which you've acknowledged. Let's not act like it's just me now.

I don't think Higgy is the answer at the position either. But our $300M pitcher wants him to catch his starts so he's at least the #2 catcher for the forseeable future.

Yeah sure. I get that. But I’m not attributing it to Gary or Higgy. If he prefers Higgy fine.

But I think it has very little to do with the catcher and more so to do with Cole finding his groove. Just happened to be Higgy catching and they’re rolling with it. Because Cole was mediocre 1st half in 2019 as well. Then second half of 2019 pitched like a god.

(Not directed at you) Never have I ever said Gary can’t improve. My argument has been regardless of how bad he is or perceived to be, it still isn’t as bad when you take a deep dive, and still significantly better than the vast majority of catchers in the league. That’s always the argument. If you sign Realmuto, fine. Kick Gary out. But other than that, it’ll be a downgrade in 95% of the cases.

Last edited:
The one thing about NY fans is that we ride crazy hard for homegrown talent and it’s hard for us to move on from them, vice when we sign or trade for someone who is already established we are waaaaay harder on them even if they are producing. I completely understand and the championship just feels that much better when it’s homegrown that leads us.

Boone ****** us with that awful plan. Play your game, don’t try to be someone else.

Ump was awful, a lot of terrible calls.

Pitching was garbage once Happ took over.

Offense had their chances and fell short. Fairbanks actually looked like he might throw up and somehow he beat us. The other bozo we torched and then somehow let him get control of the game.

I won’t get over that Boone decision cause of how stupid it was. Stop overthinking and trying to be cute. ****in trying to out sneak the Rays. **** that, let them play their game. My mind is still blown that he pitched one inning and didn’t come back out. I thought he was hurt when I seen Happ out. Has better numbers against lefties so far too. ****in gross.

Gotta put Higgy in over Gary today.

Keep Clint in.

SAVE US GIANCARLO

The Deivi move came from the top. That's on Cash and his analytics fetish. Boone wasn't man or stupid enough to ignore the calls

I'm sure it wasn't Boone's call. I'm sure it's Cash or his analytics crew. I wouldn't have followed orders, **** that. Dumb as **** to make that move.

Gary catches Tanaka fine (Not trying to argue). Also familiarity seems important on this. Cole can pick because he’s new and 8 starts isn’t familiarity. Tanaka’s been with Gary a lot, and seems like a creature of habit.

But I think you let Tanaka go 6, don’t care how good or bad it is because if he gives up a bunch in the 1st inning, we can’t go to the pen because we’d be ****** Game 4 if we rely too much on the pen.

And that’s all Boone’s fault for this catastrophe trying to be theRays

Brett has good numbers against Charlie so that move makes sense.

Higgy earned his start.

That’s fine. My main problem with it is, if you’re going to sit Gary. Then sit him permanently. Don’t sit the guy, play him and he doesn’t have a good game, then sit him again.

Whether you like him or not, it’s not a helpful situation to put someone in. Seems like we do it a lot whether it’s Clint or Andujar, and now Gary.

Back
Top Bottom