New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

So you think they are making racist decisions but aren't actually racist.

Umm OK lol
So answer me this then, why wasn’t Peraza given more of a Chance after he killed it in the last 18 games last year? Don’t care about the spring trading after he showed last year he can hang in the Majors.

I think they are making business decisions. Every decision doesn’t have to fit in a box.
If that business decision is to promote one guy bc he's Italian and not another guy bc he's not Italian, that's a racist act. That's just a fact.

So answer me this then, why wasn’t Peraza given more of a Chance after he killed it in the last 18 games last year? Don’t care about the spring trading after he showed last year he can hang in the Majors.
Idk you're the behind the scenes guy, you should be able to tell us.

But lol at 50 AB's being enough to show someone can hang in the majors. Shane Spencer would like a word.

Idk you're the behind the scenes guy, you should be able to tell us.

But lol at 50 AB's being enough to show someone can hang in the majors. Shane Spencer would like a word.
So 300/400 in 50 ABs means nothing. He shouldn’t have gotten a chance to continue to show if he belongs?! Shane Spencer was given the Chance to show he was a flash in the pan, why not Peraza? And just had to look Spencer had a decent 7 year stretch.

So 300/400 in 50 ABs means nothing. He shouldn’t have gotten a chance to continue to show if he belongs?! Shane Spencer was given the Chance to show he was a flash in the pan, why not Peraza? And just had to look Spencer had a decent 7 year stretch.
No, not when your top prospect and top 5 prospect in the game is ready. You can argue Peraza should have gotten 3b but Volpe was always the guy at SS. 18 games last year wasn't changing that.

On the bright side

Gleyber and Volpe probably going to hover around 22-25 HRs 60-70RBIs each

That is. g….goo…. Good
Volpe has not had a good rookie season, HR total be damn. He's sub .700 OPS. He's improving though so that's a plus.

No, not when your top prospect and top 5 prospect in the game is ready. You can argue Peraza should have gotten 3b but Volpe was always the guy at SS. 18 games last year wasn't changing that.
Again based on you and the Yankees, Volpe didn’t have enough experience in AAA and his numbers in AAA weren’t eye popping, he had a great spring training so how was he ready off of one Great spring training according to your logic and Yankee logic?

He didn’t get his spot because he’s Italian.
But you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think that the Yankees are crossing their fingers that a NYC Italian becomes the co-face of the team.

He didn’t get his spot because he’s Italian.
But you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think that the Yankees are crossing their fingers that a NYC Italian becomes the co-face of the team.
No doubt he had to be a good ball player but his path and the Yankees patience with him were not the Norm for us.

Again based on you and the Yankees, Volpe didn’t have enough experience in AAA and his numbers in AAA weren’t eye popping, he had a great spring training so how was he ready off of one Great spring training according to your logic and Yankee logic?
AAA and AA are the same thing these days. I'd prefer he had more time but they felt he was ready. His defense and speed certainly helped make that decision. He adds value even if he's not hitting.

Bc we don't have top 5 prospects in game ever often. Stop comparing him to the other guys. They aren't him.
Stop focusing on what prospect ranking he is and tell me why after what Peraza did the final 18 games he didn’t get really a chance?

And that’s how you miss out on good players because your only give top prospects 3,4,5 chances and great prospects essentially 1,2 chances no matter who’s performing better. Great logic.

Mike Piazza would like to have a word with that logic.

Volpe post change to his swing is .792 in the last 50 some odd games. This is more in line with his numbers in the minors. Again, he’s showing he’s more than serviceable.

Stop focusing on what prospect ranking he is and tell me why after what Peraza did the final 18 games he didn’t get really a chance?

And that’s how you miss out on good players because your only give top prospects 3,4,5 chances and great prospects essentially 1,2 chances no matter who’s performing better. Great logic.

Mike Piazza would like to have a word with that logic.
Stop talking about 18 games. Small sample sizes mean nothing. We have hundreds of minor league games of data and the Yankees and other teams had Volpe as the guy. Are they right? Idl but that's their job and saying "treat them all the same!!!" is really really dumb. You can't treat all prospects the same. There's only so many spots on the big league team.

Mike Piazza was a top 20 prospect with a whole *** "top prospects" baseball card as a rookie.

Last one for the day Why hasn’t Peraza been given the 3rd base job yet? :lol: dblplay1212 dblplay1212 I’m for real for real done for today.
No clue. He's had more than enough time at AA/AAA. There's really no point in not giving a shot at this point. Season is over. I get it with some of the other young kids but he's 23 with close to 1000 ab's at high levels. Not sure what they are waiting on.

u 2 been at it all day :lol:

family-guy-debate.gif

Back
Top Bottom