New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Like i said before, It’s about humility and Hal and Cash will try to do everything but admit they got it wrong.

I feel like the only reason they have given Volpe so much leeway is because they were trying to get another face of the Franchise to pair with Judge and eventually take over as the face and mostly think it’s because of his Italian heritage and how the tri state area is heavy in Italian heritage. Not saying he didn’t earn it in spring training but you know what I’m saying especially if you’re from the area.

I feel like the only reason they have given Volpe so much leeway is because they were trying to get another face of the Franchise to pair with Judge and eventually take over as the face and mostly think it’s because of his Italian heritage and how the tri state area is heavy in Italian heritage. Not saying he didn’t earn it in spring training but you know what I’m saying especially if you’re from the area.

It’s absolutely about marketing with him.

Volpe’s overall numbers don’t look great but he’s been much better since that dinner (as ridiculous as that sounds) and the 2nd half.

A better lineup and better coaching staff changes things. The Yankees weren’t the only team high on him for a reason.

Some of yall funny. Demand we bring up kids and give them a long leash but when we do find a racist way to be upset over it smh

Some of yall funny. Demand we bring up kids and give them a long leash but when we do find a racist way to be upset over it smh

Wait we’re the ones being racist?

:rofl:

It’s not the Yankee giving Volpe special treatment because he’s a local Italian kid from Jersey?

What TF are you talking about 😭

I just want the best SS in our system. And I don’t KNOW if it’s Volpe. It could be Peraza. We don’t know these things yet.

TREAT THEM THE SAME.

Wait we’re the ones being racist?

:rofl:

It’s not the Yankee giving Volpe special treatment because he’s a local Italian kid from Jersey?

What TF are you talking about 😭

I just want the best SS in our system. And I don’t KNOW if it’s Volpe. It could be Peraza. We don’t know these things yet.

TREAT THEM THE SAME.
Volpe was the much higher rated prospect. It shouldn't be a surprise that he got the first and long look. Saying a top 5 prospect in the game is getting a long leash only bc of his Italian background is racist af. There's no other way to spin it.

Teams don't treat all prospects the same, regardless of race. This isn't new. It's terrible you even brought race into it. Top prospects are treated differently.

Volpe was the much higher rated prospect. It shouldn't be a surprise that he got the first and long look. Saying a top 5 prospect in the game is getting a long leash only bc of his Italian background is racist af. There's no other way to spin it.

Teams don't treat all prospects the same, regardless of race. This isn't new. It's terrible you even brought race into it. Top prospects are treated differently.

See you’re trying to turn this into something else because you have Cashmans **** so far down your throat you cape for him at every opportunity. Sounding like a punk *** company boy every chance you get.

Italian people are out here saying the SAME **** I am. TREAT VOLPE and PERAZA the same.

But then again how would you know.

See you’re trying to turn this into something else because you have Cashmans **** so far down your throat you cape for him at every opportunity. Sounding like a punk *** company boy every chance you get.

Italian people are out here saying the SAME **** I am. TREAT VOLPE and PERAZA the same.

But then again how would you know.
The ****? I'd prefer to see Cashman and everyone else in the entire organization down to the club house guys replaced for an entire reset.

I'm just pointing out that your rationalization for a common occurrence, a top 5 prospect in the game getting a long look, was a racist one.

Volpe and Peraza are not the same. Demanding they be treated the same is dumb. I'm fine with bringing Peraza up at this point, let him play 3b. But demanding they get equal treatment is just weird.

who else has had a long leash? Peraza, Cabrera, Clint, Florial all had short leashes. Everson is killing it in AAA, Wells is doing is thing.

What Did Volpe do in the Minors?!? Who cares what he’s rated?!? So you’re only going to give a long leash to a higher rated prospect and no one else?!? Thats pretty short sighted thinking.

And if you’re not from the tri state area I wouldn’t expect you to understand where we are coming from.

And didn’t Peraza get 1st look last season and did pretty well in his 18 games? So we just skipped over Peraza batting 300 with a 400 OBP to give Volpe the chance? Doesn’t make sense who was rated higher. It should’ve been Perazas job to lose.

And like I said before, every Yankee minor leaguer tries to hard when they get the call up because they know they are only 5 bad games from being demoted and possibly never getting called up again.

Also still crazy that people don’t believe being a Yankee is added pressure and some people don’t perform as good under that pressure. That’s why some people excel in the playoffs and some don’t. Pretty common sense.

Peraza was groomed to be multipositional - so SS, 2B, 3B. Volpe wasn’t a slouch in Triple A. He was ranked and valued highly by not just our organization, but by other evaluators and teams. Could they be pandering to a demo? Sure. But all top prospects get special treatment.

I mean he hasn’t been terrible. Has had a 15+ HR 20+ steal season - 2nd time ever by rookie in our org - in a lineup devoid of talent other than Judge. Let’s also not forget how bad Judge struggled when he was first called up. It took an offseason of him working away from our organization and making adjustments to get right. It’s been said numerous times, but it took Austin Wells, a prospect, to point out a flaw in Volpe’s swing.

So that, in there, is the main problem within the organization. The coaching staff and player development at the big league level are so far behind/bad compared to the rest of the league. That’s on Cashman and the front office.

who else has had a long leash? Peraza, Cabrera, Clint, Florial all had short leashes. Everson is killing it in AAA, Wells is doing is thing.

What Did Volpe do in the Minors?!? Who cares what he’s rated?!? So you’re only going to give a long leash to a higher rated prospect and no one else?!? Thats pretty short sighted thinking.

And if you’re not from the tri state area I wouldn’t expect you to understand where we are coming from.
How many of those were top 5 prospect in baseball? Glossing over how highly touted he was/is and going to race is bad. There's no other way to put it.

I just want the best SS.

That’s it.

No favoritism. No decisions made on local marketing. No ********.

They better get this right. That’s their job.

I think that’s agreed upon. Volpe hasn’t been terrible. If you look at his total season’s numbers, you prob thinks he has. But again since that change:
5A5E7F81-802E-4729-9F32-0B8EFD35EEE3.jpeg

That’s more than serviceable. The problem is, in our lineup devoid of actual production, when he doesn’t produce it just looks bad.

If we had any kind of player development at the big league level, he would have corrected it sooner, as well as other guys in that lineup. Our player development has always been bad and usually why prospects of ours, or guys we trade for that don’t pan out, leave and seem to flourish elsewhere.

How many of those were top 5 prospect in baseball? Glossing over how highly touted he was/is and going to race is bad. There's no other way to put it.
What does top 5 have to do with it if they both put up similar numbers at AAA but the lower prospect actually had a better start in the Majors? So the lower prospects great MLB start gets null and voided because he isn’t a “top” prospect. Why didn’t they call up Volpe last year then? He was a top prospect in 2022 too.

Back
Top Bottom