New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Is 21 that big a difference than 20 ? I been hearing about Dominguez since he was like 17. Not saying he should have been up since then but remember Andrew Jones ? He was doing great in the minors and the Braves brought him up at 19. He played in that WS against us, hit 2 hrs in his first 2 ab's, in the WS . think the Yanks would've done the same ?

We're going no where this yr, lets see what these guys got. I'm sure they'll all be playing winter ball, let him get even better there but for once let's take a chance. U realize the last 1b we developed was Don Mattingly. Jeter came up at 20, he was pretty good. Stop with the let him get better, if he's as good as they think he is he'll be fine. Maybe bringing him up will make him even better in his mindstate as a pro than just tearing up the minors .

JUST DO IT ....
Man you keep bringing up Andruw Jones. That was 30 years ago. 30! How many times has it happened since then?

And hell let's be honest, it's debatable that Jones was really 19. International guys staying lying about their age to help themselves get signed.

But seriously, you can name a handful of guys that came up at 19-20. It's very very rare. Is Dominguez that good? Idk, most scouts say no. Maybe they are wrong. But why rush it? What's the upside other than it gives you something to watch for the rest of the year? The season is over, there's no point in bringing him up just for the **** of it.

Yes, we need to develop players. Just throwing kids out there to get their **** kicked in by vets isn't the way though.

Why now? To make the fans happy? Not gonna work. This should have been before the season.

Man you keep bringing up Andruw Jones. That was 30 years ago. 30! How many times has it happened since then?

And hell let's be honest, it's debatable that Jones was really 19. International guys staying lying about their age to help themselves get signed.

But seriously, you can name a handful of guys that came up at 19-20. It's very very rare. Is Dominguez that good? Idk, most scouts say no. Maybe they are wrong. But why rush it? What's the upside other than it gives you something to watch for the rest of the year? The season is over, there's no point in bringing him up just for the **** of it.

Yes, we need to develop players. Just throwing kids out there to get their **** kicked in by vets isn't the way though.

Who gives a **** if it was 30 yrs ago, it happened. Jeter was 30 yrs ago, whats the difference ? U say how many times it's happened since then, the Yanks faced a guy like a week or 2 ago who was 19. Juan Soto came up at 19 , Tatis Jr came up at 20, they're recent enuff for u ? Who knows if Dominguez will be as good but we'll never know just leaving him to get "seasoned" ..

U must be a very patient man bro :lol:

Most scouts say no? There's a reason he was one of our top prospects. They were saying his ETA is 2024. Is sometime in September really going to be detrimental to someone who's supposed to be with the club next season?

Who gives a **** if it was 30 yrs ago, it happened. Jeter was 30 yrs ago, whats the difference ? U say how many times it's happened since then, the Yanks faced a guy like a week or 2 ago who was 19. Juan Soto came up at 19 , Tatis Jr came up at 20, they're recent enuff for u ? Who knows if Dominguez will be as good but we'll never know just leaving him to get "seasoned" ..

U must be a very patient man bro :lol:
30 years ago shows how rare it is. Tatis was the youngest opening day starter since 1999. You're pulling random outliers over 30 years, most of them being literally HOF players, as a good reason why we should bring up Dominguez. You have nothing else to base it on except "Well **** man Andruw Jones did it 30 years ago, I'm bored, so bring him up and let him sink or swim!" That's not how you develop players.

Most scouts say no? There's a reason he was one of our top prospects. They were saying his ETA is 2024. Is sometime in September really going to be detrimental to someone who's supposed to be with the club next season?
I was saying he's not a top 2-3 type prospect. He has the tools to be elite but he's not a kid that everyone universally says should be up at 20.

I'm not super anti bringing him up at this point. I just think it should be bc they think he's ready, not bc this season is over so **** it throw anyone over 20 to the wolves and let's see who lives.

I don't think that would be remotely close to the thinking they'd have of bringing him up.

30 years ago shows how rare it is. Tatis was the youngest opening day starter since 1999. You're pulling random outliers over 30 years, most of them being literally HOF players, as a good reason why we should bring up Dominguez. You have nothing else to base it on except "Well **** man Andruw Jones did it 30 years ago, I'm bored, so bring him up and let him sink or swim!" That's not how you develop players.

No one i brought up is or was a Hall of Famer , not even Andrew Jones from last century. And a 19 yr old kid 2 weeks ago shows its rare ? If it was that rare it would've been news everywhere, i can't even remember his name. It ain't as rare as u think it is. Why isn't Volpe still in the minors according to how u think ? He's better than Dominguez ?

Stop makin me ask u questions :lol:

And thank u for speeding up a boring day. I'll be back when i get home ...

I don't think that would be remotely close to the thinking they'd have of bringing him up.
I didn't say it would. I'm saying it's dumb when fans say "Hey other players have come up at 19 and 20, why haven't we brought ours up?" It's not based on anything but boredom.

No one i brought up is or was a Hall of Famer , not even Andrew Jones from last century. And a 19 yr old kid 2 weeks ago shows its rare ? If it was that rare it would've been news everywhere, i can't even remember his name. It ain't as rare as u think it is. Why isn't Volpe still in the minors according to how u think ? He's better than Dominguez ?

Stop makin me ask u questions :lol:

And thank u for speeding up a boring day. I'll be back when i get home ...
Jones and Soto will be HOF'ers. Tatis would be on track if not for the roids.

Volpe was universally more highly rated than Dominguez. He's also 22, not 20.

Again, I'm not opposed to him coming up for a cup of coffee to end the season just to get his feet wet and see how things works in the bigs. Even if he doesn't get many AB's, just to see how they travel and how gamedays flow. I just think bringing him up should be based on more than "Well these élite guys came up at 20 and we have nothing to play for so why the **** haven't we done it?" Either he's ready or not. That's it. That's all that matters. Our season being over and what other teams have done with players 30 years ago means ****. Is he ready or is he not, that's it.

Who cares about ranking and “tools”! It matters what they are actually doing! Wasn’t Druw Jones, Andruws son the number 1 rated prospect and drafted number 2 and at 19 is struggling at Rookie ball.

At the end of the Day Rankings and “tools” and opinions mean nothing after they’ve been drafted/signed , it’s all about what the player is actually doing on the field after that.

I don't think that's the reasoning behind their want either :lol:
lol that's exactly what it is. If fans broke it down with "Well he did this in these AB's and he's improved this... hmm he might be ready to take the next step." Ok cool. That's the right way to look at it. "Our season is over and a guy was brought up 30 years ago so damnit they need to bring up our 2nd best prospect so i have something to watch" is really dumb though.

And why him? Jones is ranked higher and is 2 years older. Why shouldn't we throw Jones out there tomorrow?

Who cares about ranking and “tools”! It matters what they are actually doing! Wasn’t Druw Jones, Andruws son the number 1 rated prospect and drafted number 2 and at 19 is struggling at Rookie ball.
It's not unusual at all for players to struggle in their first season out of high school. Kid got drafted a year ago.

Sure. Not sure what that's supposed to mean though?
Because you said most scouts don’t think Dominguez is that good but he’d probably be a top 10 pick and at age 20 is doing his thing in AAA, while the kid who all the scouts are raving about is struggling in Rookie ball. And Dominguez was in Rookie ball at a younger age and didn’t struggle no where near as much.

Back
Top Bottom