New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

artworks-0r01EHqDLgUt1k37-rjDUbQ-t500x500.jpg
Not gonna lie...scrolling through all these debates then seeing this pic had me :rofl:

Team is too dependent on Judge and Stanton hitting.
Stanton being so bad is killing us. I don't have the time to dig into it but on the surface it looks like he's had some really bad luck this year. .206 BABIP is crazy low. Look how far under his career avg's that is. The part I don't know is if that's bc he's not hitting the ball as hard and not getting as many barrels or is he just getting unlucky and hitting it at people. Back to back low BABIP years makes me think he's not hitting it as hard as he used to or hitting more pop ups but idk and I don't have time to deep dive it.

1695918681020.png

Stanton being so bad is killing us. I don't have the time to dig into it but on the surface it looks like he's had some really bad luck this year. .206 BABIP is crazy low. Look how far under his career avg's that is. The part I don't know is if that's bc he's not hitting the ball as hard and not getting as many barrels or is he just getting unlucky and hitting it at people. Back to back low BABIP years makes me think he's not hitting it as hard as he used to or hitting more pop ups but idk and I don't have time to deep dive it.

1695918681020.png

1695918681020.png
If Stanton just replicated his worst season before these last 2 no doubt we’d be in the playoffs. These last 2 seasons I don’t even know what to say about.

If Stanton just replicated his worst season before these last 2 no doubt we’d be in the playoffs. These last 2 seasons I don’t even know what to say about.
Last year wasn't even awful. Not up to his standards or his pay but 116 wRC+ is still solid. But 88 this year? 88!?!?!?! That's 165th in baseball of players over 400 PA's.

Barrels and Hard Hits are down but not far off from his career average.

I’m putting it on injuries, bad luck and somebody needing to change up his approach. Whether it be his stance or what he’s looking to do.

Another problem that righties at Yankee Stadium run in to is that the stadium is an awful hitters park masquerading as a hitters park because of homeruns.

It is 2nd to last in singles, doubles, last in triples and 3rd in homeruns.

Need to figure out how to become a gap to gap team for righties and pull for lefties and the homeruns will be there, but need the XBHs.

Barrels and Hard Hits are down but not far off from his career average.

I’m putting it on injuries, bad luck and somebody needing to change up his approach. Whether it be his stance or what he’s looking to do.

Another problem that righties at Yankee Stadium run in to is that the stadium is an awful hitters park masquerading as a hitters park because of homeruns.

It is 2nd to last in singles, doubles, last in triples and 3rd in homeruns.

Need to figure out how to become a gap to gap team for righties and pull for lefties and the homeruns will be there, but need the XBHs.
Yea there's not much room out there, especially in RF. It leaves or it's an out.

Back
Top Bottom