New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Most won't throw a team under the bus.
So you’re just assuming we changed the way the other players approached the game after we got them then because of 1 player, Sonny Gray?
If a team messed up your chance at your next big contract or legacy because they changed you for the worst you wouldn’t speak out? You wouldn’t let other players know? Other wouldn’t slip up and say something?

So you’re just assuming we changed the way the other players approached the game after we got them then because of 1 player, Sonny Gray?
If a team messed up your chance at your next big contract or legacy because they changed you for the worst you wouldn’t speak out? You wouldn’t let other players know? Other wouldn’t slip up and say something?
I mean you're assuming the grown men that get paid millions of dollars to play a game can perform anywhere else but we toss them into one team and they perform worse because of "pressure." Again, why does no other franchise in sports have that issue? You really think playing for the Yankees is vastly different than any other team in any sport in the world? Have you seen soccer? It's a different level and those players handle it fine.

I'll use a player from another sport, Tua. Looked at him under Flores. Look at him now. Did he learn to handle the pressure of being an NFL QB or did the change in coaching and scheme make a massive difference?

Honestly I don't think it does any good for a player to throw the team under the bus. When would they do it? While they play with the team? Hold a press conference after they leave to throw their former team under the bus? It would get chalked up to them just making excuses. Most just own it and say they didn't perform well bc they are adults and don't need to blame others.

So the Yanks told Sonny Grey “Hey we want you pitch differently from what made you successful”, they both agreed, it didn’t work but they didn’t go back to what made him successful? The Yankees didn’t say “Sonny go back to what made you” or Sonny didn’t flat out refuse to continue doing what the Yankees want him to do? Knowing it’s his career on the line” and knowing the Yankees want to win?

So to sum it up: Yanks tried to change Sonny and they both agreed to change.
Change didn’t work but the Yanks and Sonny refused to go back to what made him successful because of why?

Yes let me protect a Franchise that would trade me at the drop of a hat and me lose money on the FA market because I’m An adult :lol:

And just learned that athletes don’t succumb to pressure :lol:

D5E7517E-4E44-4E12-A1A5-19C4FDE85C76.gif

So the Yanks told Sonny Grey “Hey we want you pitch differently from what made you successful”, they both agreed, it didn’t work but they didn’t go back to what made him successful? The Yankees didn’t say “Sonny go back to what made you” or Sonny didn’t flat out refuse to continue doing what the Yankees want him to do? Knowing it’s his career on the line” and knowing the Yankees want to win?

So to sum it up: Yanks tried to change Sonny and they both agreed to change.
Change didn’t work but the Yanks and Sonny refused to go back to what made him successful because of why?

Yes let me protect a Franchise that would trade me at the drop of a hat and me lose money on the FA market because I’m An adult :lol:

And just learned that athletes don’t succumb to pressure :lol:
Yes, employees typically do what their employer tells them to do. If someone is paying you $20m a year, you do what they ask you to do when at work.

I'm still waiting for the other organization in any sport that has so much pressure that it melts their players.

Yes, employees typically do what their employer tells them to do. If someone is paying you $20m a year, you do what they ask you to do when at work.

I'm still waiting for the other organization in any sport that has so much pressure that it melts their players.

u live in NY ? serious question.

when i say it's different here i'm talking about when you're slumping you're being talked about on every sports show, every newspaper, sports talk radio , everyone everywhere. this ain't Minnesota where u can have a bad start and still go to the store. u start screwing up here and everywhere u go someone's got something to say, insult u, whatever. u can't say it's no different here than anywhere else when u got guys who said they didn't feel like leaving their apartments because of things fans would say to them. NY has passionate fans, not all of em smart but passionate. Arod said himself when he first got here he wondered what did i do. every fan was rubbed the wrong way right away when the Yanks had Jeter put the Jersey on Arod. wasn't Arod's fault but right from that moment it became "alright now lets see u live up to your hype". the fans gave Arod zero slack, he got boo'd right away. thats one of the greatest players ever who the fans made it tuff as hell for him. he did good later in his career here but theres a reason #13 ain't retired, the fans ain't like him. he hasn't been recognized in any way by the Yanks, he deserves to but the fans didn't like him. don't tell me it's no different here, if you're from here u know exactly what i'm talkin about.

when i say it's different here i'm talking about when you're slumping you're being talked about on every sports show, every newspaper, sports talk radio , everyone everywhere. this ain't Minnesota where u can have a bad start and still go to the store. u start screwing up here and everywhere u go someone's got something to say, insult u, whatever. u can't say it's no different here than anywhere else when u got guys who said they didn't feel like leaving their apartments because of things fans would say to them. NY has passionate fans, not all of em smart but passionate. Arod said himself when he first got here he wondered what did i do. every fan was rubbed the wrong way right away when the Yanks had Jeter put the Jersey on Arod. wasn't Arod's fault but right from that moment it became "alright now lets see u live up to your hype". the fans gave Arod zero slack, he got boo'd right away. thats one of the greatest players ever who the fans made it tuff as hell for him. he did good later in his career here but theres a reason #13 ain't retired, the fans ain't like him. he hasn't been recognized in any way by the Yanks, he deserves to but the fans didn't like him. don't tell me it's no different here, if you're from here u know exactly what i'm talkin about.
So you think playing for the Yankees is different than any other team in any sport on the planet. We'll just agree to disagree on that. That's your homer getting the best of you.

And Arod literally sued the Yankees lol. That whole time and breakup was nasty. That's why they act like he didn't exist.

Was more than just Arod suing for the fan base never really getting behind him and has issue with him.
Agree. If it was one or the other, he probably has a retired number. But the combination of fans never living him and the breakup being so bad is too much to get over, at least so far.

There is no Place in the World Comparable to NYC and that’s the point we are trying to make. “If you can make it here you can make it anywhere” isn’t just a saying. People from all over the world know what time it is when you come to NYC. Time to show and prove what you are made of. NYC breaks peoples spirits in all aspects of life.

Crazy to even think about comparing any other city to NYC.

Been to almost every major city in the US and a few around the world and absolutely nothing compares.

And people used to try and compare LA to NYC and it’s not even remotely close to having the same type of pressure/type of people/personalities/landscape/History.

But I guess if another city has a lot of people it’s all the same?

You can’t run from your problems here, 10mil people in a small area that 90% of the people are extremely passionate about all things they love and 80% of those 90% are pessimists just based on what they’ve seen in life.
Can’t run to Westchester, so where you going to hide?
Sports is our feel good time/break from reality and if you aren’t making us feel good you’re going to feel it.

Others cities have escapes near by, we really don’t.

Bad game in the Texas cities: let me disappear in my gated community on 30 acres.

Bad game in LA: let me disappear in my gated community with private beach.

Bad game in Miami who cares

Bad game in Milwaukee 1000 fans might really care

Etc etc etc

Regular employer and a sports team employer who’s trying to win is not even remotely the same. So the team that’s paying you 20mil doesn’t want to see you succeed and bring more fans to the stadium to recoup their money and make more money by putting out a good product?

And we already said there is no organization comparable. Why do you think we have to overpay and some players won’t even consider playing here.

Ol Boy lives in the boondocks in Florida, man knows nothing about NYC except jacking the culture.

There is no Place in the World Comparable to NYC and that’s the point we are trying to make. “If you can make it here you can make it anywhere” isn’t just a saying. People from all over the world know what time it is when you come to NYC. Time to show and prove what you are made of. NYC breaks peoples spirits in all aspects of life.

Crazy to even think about comparing any other city to NYC.

Been to almost every major city in the US and a few around the world and absolutely nothing compares.

And people used to try and compare LA to NYC and it’s not even remotely close to having the same type of pressure/type of people/personalities/landscape/History.

But I guess if another city has a lot of people it’s all the same?
Soccer players have DIED for losing games and you think some mean things said on the radio is more pressure? The NFL has way more eyeballs and media. You're severely overrating your city and your team in this aspect. Playing for ManU or the Cowboys is just as much pressure as playing for the Yankees. Yes, the Yankees get more media than any MLB team but there's more sports than baseball and this whole "Well the pressure of playing for this team was too much for them" only happens with one team in one sport. Have you followed the EPL at all? Those fans are nuts. It doesn't even happen with the other team in the same sport in the same city. It really is the perfect excuse for the organization to avoid blame and people fall for it.

You can’t run from your problems here, 10mil people in a small area that 90% of the people are extremely passionate about all things they love and 80% of those 90% are pessimists just based on what they’ve seen in life.
Can’t run to Westchester, so where you going to hide?
Sports is our feel good time/break from reality and if you aren’t making us feel good you’re going to feel it.

Others cities have escapes near by, we really don’t.

Bad game in the Texas cities: let me disappear in my gated community on 30 acres.

Bad game in LA: let me disappear in my gated community with private beach.

Bad game in Miami who cares

Bad game in Milwaukee 1000 fans might really care

Etc etc etc
Not familiar with Asian cities huh? Tokyo has 40 million people and they have a baseball team.

This argument is dumb and going in circles. If y'all want to blame the struggles on players being mentally weak and caving to some ******* fans instead of blaming the organization and staff, go for it. Weird to see the same people call for a new GM and staff though if they aren't the issue. Just weird to go with "The pressure of playing for this one team in the 3rd most popular sport in the country is too much for players to handle but the players in the other much more popular sports have no issue."

Last edited:
Soccer players have DIED for losing games and you think some mean things said on the radio is more pressure? The NFL has way more eyeballs and media. You're severely overrating your city and your team in this aspect. Playing for ManU or the Cowboys is just as much pressure as playing for the Yankees. Yes, the Yankees get more media than any MLB team but there's more sports than baseball and this whole "Well the pressure of playing for this team was too much for them" only happens with one team in one sport. Have you followed the EPL at all? Those fans are nuts. It doesn't even happen with the other team in the same sport in the same city. It really is the perfect excuse for the organization to avoid blame and people fall for it.

i've heard of soccer players dying. not to downplay that but honestly how often has that happened. and the Yankees are not the only team that gets sh*t in this city. the Mets , Knicks , Jets , Giants, Rangers and even the Nets got fans that hold em up to the pressure to win. don't think cause these teams that play here don't have that pressure cause they don't have as many chips, NY fans are passionate with every sport. think the Denver Nuggets who just won their 1st chip have the same pressure to repeat as the Knicks who haven't won in 50 yrs ? Ranger fans are nuts about em, ever see some of the fights after an Islander or Devils game wit em ? take a listen to the radio and see how the Jets and Giants are being talked about by their fans. Daboll took the Giants to the playoffs and won coach of the yr and already theres chirpin about people gettin tired of him and some of his decisions. NY fans are impatient, not all but a big percentage are. if you're not here you won't understand what we're sayin. not an excuse but believe it plays a helluva big part in how these guys perform ....

and how many great Asian players have come here and crawled in a box :lol:

stop it already ...

Back
Top Bottom