New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Added some Yankees cards and other stuff today from Doc and Ruben

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4659.jpeg

i remember meeting Sierra when he owned Jimmy's in the Bronx while he was here. he was real cool, sitting at the entrance signing autographs for anyone who wanted.

Jimmy's was shady as hell tho as far as drugs :lol:

i remember meeting Sierra when he owned Jimmy's in the Bronx while he was here. he was real cool, sitting at the entrance signing autographs for anyone who wanted.

Jimmy's was shady as hell tho as far as drugs :lol:
Jimmy’s Cafe? I didn’t know he owned that.

Jimmy’s Cafe? I didn’t know he owned that.

long time ago , this was in 95 when he was here. not sure how old this article is but i remember him gettin alotta sh*t for being involved with jimmy's cause of the drug dealers who'd be there and handle business.

Players are being warned by Major League Baseball officials to stay away from Jimmy's Bronx Cafe, a popular eatery partly owned by Yankees Of Ruben Sierra. The New York Daily News reported yesterday that Jimmy's is frequented by what one baseball official reportedly called "unsavory characters." "They said to try to stay away," said Sierra, who acknowledged he holds a $450,000 interest in the restaurant on Fordham Road, about a mile from Yankee Stadium. Jimmy's, a popular Hispanic-owned business, is a favorite spot for professional athletes, musicians and politicians -- despite at least two shootings this year in the streets just outside. The official, who requested anonymity, said the Yankees and top baseball executives have heard allegations that drug dealers are often guests at Jimmy's.

long time ago , this was in 95 when he was here. not sure how old this article is but i remember him gettin alotta sh*t for being involved with jimmy's cause of the drug dealers who'd be there and handle business.

Players are being warned by Major League Baseball officials to stay away from Jimmy's Bronx Cafe, a popular eatery partly owned by Yankees Of Ruben Sierra. The New York Daily News reported yesterday that Jimmy's is frequented by what one baseball official reportedly called "unsavory characters." "They said to try to stay away," said Sierra, who acknowledged he holds a $450,000 interest in the restaurant on Fordham Road, about a mile from Yankee Stadium. Jimmy's, a popular Hispanic-owned business, is a favorite spot for professional athletes, musicians and politicians -- despite at least two shootings this year in the streets just outside. The official, who requested anonymity, said the Yankees and top baseball executives have heard allegations that drug dealers are often guests at Jimmy's.

never knew he was part owner but everyone knew what was up there. Crazy how no one talked him out of investing in Jimmys.

Said I wasn’t going to read it, read it, and now I’m mad I read it :lol:
It's so detailed it makes my head hurt. May clearly enjoys it, which is some psycho stuff. I'd imagine a lot of pitchers don't and would prefer some nerds in a basement come up with a gameplan he can be confident in so he can just go execute. I mainly posted bc a lot of people, not saying anyone itt, just in general, don't grasp what analytics are. It's just numbers and they think it's dumb bc they don't understand what it's all about. I feel like I have an idea but reading that showed me it's way deeper than I realized.

It's so detailed it makes my head hurt. May clearly enjoys it, which is some psycho stuff. I'd imagine a lot of pitchers don't and would prefer some nerds in a basement come up with a gameplan he can be confident in so he can just go execute. I mainly posted bc a lot of people, not saying anyone itt, just in general, don't grasp what analytics are. It's just numbers and they think it's dumb bc they don't understand what it's all about. I feel like I have an idea but reading that showed me it's way deeper than I realized.
After reading the 1st couple I don’t think I want to grasp it :lol: Legit made my head hurt.

was just thinking how many guys have come here and felt uncomfortable without facial hair causing them to not play as good without face fur. maybe Joey Gallo would've worked out had he been allowed to rock his regular look and not look like he sells bibles in his spare time. wonder how many free agents chose not to come here because of it and those who did hated having to shave it. theres nothing the Yanks could do under the CBA, not even fine guys who do grow it. all they can do is bench em, u think Boone's gonna bench Judge if he did . i say let em grow , come out the old days and guys will be more comfortable instead of so buttoned up and uptight. Steinbrenner made the rule and he's long gone. Hal could care less. i say Judge grows it out and tests the Yanks to loosen up.

FEu2yMHXoAUJmjJ

jesus christ i miss playoff baseball .... :smh:

was just thinking how many guys have come here and felt uncomfortable without facial hair causing them to not play as good without face fur. maybe Joey Gallo would've worked out had he been allowed to rock his regular look and not look like he sells bibles in his spare time. wonder how many free agents chose not to come here because of it and those who did hated having to shave it. theres nothing the Yanks could do under the CBA, not even fine guys who do grow it. all they can do is bench em, u think Boone's gonna bench Judge if he did . i say let em grow , come out the old days and guys will be more comfortable instead of so buttoned up and uptight. Steinbrenner made the rule and he's long gone. Hal could care less. i say Judge grows it out and tests the Yanks to loosen up.

FEu2yMHXoAUJmjJ

jesus christ i miss playoff baseball .... :smh:
Agree, it's past due. It's an old racist and uppity rule that needs to go. Who gets to say clean shaven is "professional" anyways? **** is dumb.

So what I got from Fishman is we only care about what a computer projects a player to be and not what the player is actually doing.

“we understand he’s hurt and doesn’t hit that good but our computer said he’s better than what he’s shown”.

“We understand he’s a good player but our computer said he is just lucky and his stats are actually a fluke”

I mean I'm all for using data but at some point you can go too far with it. "Well his spin rate is X and that means he'll get hit" is something to look at but when he's contently not getting hit you gotta go with that over the spin rate or whatever metric you're concerned with. I get trying to predict the future by looking at velocity and spin rate but you have to see signs of it affecting production before you make moves imo.

Alex was asked if he is pissed they haven’t retired his number and talked about Rob Thomson interviewing with the Yankees and people thought he would have got the job over Boone. Also had some good points on analytics.

Yea still don't like dude lol. He wanted to go to the Mets and offered them a 50% discount. **** him.

I did laugh and "old school, less numbers" in describing the Phillies while they have a leadoff hitter that's under the Mendoza line bc he walks and hits dingers. That's peak analytics. They have a 20 person analytics team that seems to be pretty good.

Again, analysts aren't the issue. How we use the data is.

Yea still don't like dude lol. He wanted to go to the Mets and offered them a 50% discount. **** him.

I did laugh and "old school, less numbers" in describing the Phillies while they have a leadoff hitter that's under the Mendoza line bc he walks and hits dingers. That's peak analytics. They have a 20 person analytics team that seems to be pretty good.

Again, analysts aren't the issue. How we use the data is.
Crazy what would have been if Arod went to the Mets instead of the Rangers.

Back
Top Bottom