New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Here’s what A-Rod did.

Got us our last chip and carried that team to a ring.

The way things have went since 2009. He deserves a statue.

Here’s what A-Rod did.

Got us our last chip and carried that team to a ring.

The way things have went since 2009. He deserves a statue.
He had a great 2009 run, I'll give him that. He wasn't good outside of that in the playoffs.

I'll forever and always be **** that guy. I won't mind if they retire his number, he probably deserves it, but I still laugh that they haven't bc **** him.

1697812094163.png

I don’t care.

He's responsible for our last chip.

As far as I’m concerned we’ll never win another one again.

Build him a statue.

Yanks didn't bring him back for OT day, doubt they'll ever retire his #.

Even tho he rubbed me wrong at times i always liked him . Not enuff for that tho ..

Four more please

And Judge is an all time favorite of mine already but injuries every year, he’s not better than Alex

5 is a pretty big # to ask for when talkin about an alltime great. If really need to hear that you're right then you're right. It's like me askin who's had a 3 peat since Jeter left. Not hard to win that argument...

Four more please

And Judge is an all time favorite of mine already but injuries every year, he’s not better than Alex
We sure about that? He's 100 HR shy of what Alex had in NY and he's played 4 less years than Alex in NY. OPS 82 points higher. Better defender.

If we go Alex's first 7 years in NY, it's close. Judge has been better but Alex was was more durable.

1697816751326.png

1697816774025.png

I may get boo'd for this but judging MLB players off rings is dumb. This isn't the NBA where 1-2 players can carry a team or the NFL where a great QB has a massive impact compared to any other position. An MLB hitter gets 4 of like 40 AB's in a game for his team. He can hit 4 HR and his team lose 5-4. A pitcher pitches every 5th day. He can throw a perfect game every game and his team can still lose 130 games. It's a true team sport and one player can't carry a team.

We sure about that? He's 100 HR shy of what Alex had in NY and he's played 4 less years than Alex in NY. OPS 82 points higher. Better defender.

If we go Alex's first 7 years in NY, it's close. Judge has been better but Alex was was more durable.

1697816751326.png

1697816774025.png

I think Alex is better but I gave him Judge. I’m waiting on four more better than Alex over the last 40 years.

I may get boo'd for this but judging MLB players off rings is dumb. This isn't the NBA where 1-2 players can carry a team or the NFL where a great QB has a massive impact compared to any other position. An MLB hitter gets 4 of like 40 AB's in a game for his team. He can hit 4 HR and his team lose 5-4. A pitcher pitches every 5th day. He can throw a perfect game every game and his team can still lose 130 games. It's a true team sport and one player can't carry a team.

Judging players off rings for all sports is dumb. A lot of luck is involved when you win a ring. We see every year the best player or the best team go cold or catch a bad break.

Judging players off rings for all sports is dumb. A lot of luck is involved when you win a ring. We see every year the best player or the best team go cold or catch a bad break.
Oh for sure. Even in the NBA the best player still needs help. They need more in the NFL and even more in MLB.

We watched that boy Alex come up short time after time except for in 2009. He wasn't hitting 4 HRs so don't use that cop out.

We watched that boy Alex come up short time after time except for in 2009. He wasn't hitting 4 HRs so don't use that cop out.
I wasn't referring to Alex at all. I was just chiming in on "this guy got X rings" etc. Na that player was on a team that got a ring.

Back
Top Bottom