New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

I could live with dropping Voit because there’s a lot of ways to fill in for 1B without dropping money on anybody else.
But if it were Voit, you’re not getting a top prospect as well. But I wouldn’t even consider trading anybody else in the offense.

If Kluber doesn’t work out and by work out he needs to be better than a 3 Starter and we lose (seems like we did) Tanaka. I’m gonna be pissed. Just sign Tanaka. Last year Tanaka, Happ and Paxton were $53mil

If you sign Tanaka for 1 year $15mil. Kluber 1 year $11 mil. DJ 6 year $90mil.
On top of other contracts we’re not paying anymore, we still cut payroll by almost $20mil.

Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) Tweeted:
The four young #Yankees prospects going to the #Pirates: Miguel Yajure, Roansy Contreras, Maikel Escotto and Canaan Smith, @JeffPassan reports. Yajure is the highest-rated #Yankees prospect in deal.

Good deal because of the level of prospects dealt.

But this is the same problem I had with the Kluber move if this was to “sure up the rotation.” It isn’t a low risk / high reward. It’s high risk / high reward.

Severino coming off major surgery, will miss 8-12 starts.
Kluber multiple major surgeries
Tailion off a major surger
German missed all of 2020

There’s a lot of risk with the rotation after Cole. And if Severino isn’t who CAN be. And if Kluber isn’t 75% of what he should be at this age. It’s Cole then a bunch of 4th & 5th starters, and that’s the problem we seem to have a lot.

Wish we didn’t waste 6mil on Sanchez and attached prospects to Otto and Hicks to get them off the books so we can go in on Realmutto.

Let's be honest, baseball is a crapshoot. The best team rarely wins it all. Weird **** happens in 5 and 7 game baseball series. The biggest thing you can do is give yourself a shot by making the playoffs. Anything can happen after that. I'd love to get a legit #2 and then you can ride Cole and that person in the playoffs. Hoping Kluber or Severino can be that guy.

Still need Tanaka; relying on arms (Sevy, Kluber, Tallion) that are bouncing back on injuries that haven pitched a full season in 2 years (all 3 pitchers) (works well in video games but not in real life) ; then you have German who hasn’t pitched in a year and still have uncertainty of Clark and Delvi surviving a full seasons work load.

It’s been 6 years. It could, but it isn’t a high risk at this point.

He’s a pitcher, who’s typically a work horse who’ll eat innings and throw a lot of pitches. It doesn’t matter if it’s been 6 years. It’s high risk. All pitchers are. It’s a volatile position.

It’s probably to re-sign Gardy again.

If that’s the case, I’m convinced Cash and the Steinbrenner’s hate me.

Jack Curry (@JackCurryYES) Tweeted:
So Ottavino and a prospect go to the Red Sox with Boston picking up almost all of the salary. The much-rumored trading of Ottavino gives the Yankees some more financial flexibility. He is due to make $9M.

6826E488-FE53-4EFC-9090-45E699B6869A.jpeg

Damn sucks about Tanaka. Read he wanted $15m to stay here. He really just wanted to go home. Wish him well.

Back
Top Bottom