New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

Still think what this team and Boone are missing is an old school baseball guy. Someone who knows the game forever and not with their nose in a laptop.

I know all u young ****heads are gonna say this is the game nowadays and I'm stuck in the old times but baseball's been around over 150 years, manager's had that "baseball lifer" next to them probably for bout 100 now. These dudes with the clipboards and ipads don't have that same feel, the experience. Look when we were winning with teams that had way less talent on em, be surprised how much Zim was in Torre's ear and how much that helped. Boone makes alotta calls where i feel like if he had a guy like that it would be beneficial, especially with Boone being a baseball lifer and his family all playing ball. **** , hire his brother :lol:

Burger King effed up my order so now I'm waiting for them to bring my dinner, need something to ***** about :lol:
I’m stuck in my old feelings/ways on how baseball is too.

Still think what this team and Boone are missing is an old school baseball guy. Someone who knows the game forever and not with their nose in a laptop.

I know all u young ****heads are gonna say this is the game nowadays and I'm stuck in the old times but baseball's been around over 150 years, manager's had that "baseball lifer" next to them probably for bout 100 now. These dudes with the clipboards and ipads don't have that same feel, the experience. Look when we were winning with teams that had way less talent on em, be surprised how much Zim was in Torre's ear and how much that helped. Boone makes alotta calls where i feel like if he had a guy like that it would be beneficial, especially with Boone being a baseball lifer and his family all playing ball. **** , hire his brother :lol:

Burger King effed up my order so now I'm waiting for them to bring my dinner, need something to ***** about :lol:
I feel like some people just like to complain. What Boone has done this year has been pretty impressive. Have you been paying attention to our roster for most of this season? It's not been good. Half our rotation and pen are guys we hadn't heard of 3 months ago. Having this team in the WC picture is pretty damn good.

Jesus Christ , here we go with Boone pullin Cole to go to that overworked pen :smh:

Couldn't let him get one last out ?

Jesus Christ , here we go with Boone pullin Cole to go to that overworked pen :smh:

It’s all about analytics, when it’s hotter than 80 degrees out on the 16th day of August after the 5th inning Cole has 8.68 ERA so that why Boone pulled him.

Please put a laughing emoji so i know you're kidding :lol:

Cole showed no real rust, could've finished that inning.

Bases loaded, nobody out, 0 runs ...

It’s all about analytics, when it’s hotter than 80 degrees out on the 16th day of August after the 5th inning Cole has 8.68 ERA so that why Boone pulled him.
Or maybe just maybe they had him on a 90 pitch count after being out for 2 weeks with Covid.

He had 9 k's and 1 earned run, if thats rusty i can't wait till he gets his mojo back ...
Nobody said he was rusty. His last start was 7/29. Today is 8/16. That's a long time for a SP. No idea if was able to throw a pen while on the Covid list or how that works. It's smart to limit him this start instead of burning his arm out after being out for 17 days.

who gets benched when Rizzo comes back? need his lefty bat in the lineup. DH Voit, make GC play LF, CF Judge, RF Gallo?

who gets benched when Rizzo comes back? need his lefty bat in the lineup. DH Voit, make GC play LF, CF Judge, RF Gallo?
Just rotate all of them as DH during the week to give them all a half day off. But yea that combination needs to be in the lineup almost always.

Loaisaga doesnt like being a closer does he.....or just likes giving us heart failure. Greatttt win

Last edited:
Don’t know how often he’s been asked to pitch two innings, let alone. Two inning save. Happy to see him battle back.

Idk how long he sticks but love the Valezquez kid. From the Bronx and living his dream right now. Post-game asked him if he was nervous today and he said "No, I felt like I'd played that game a million times. At least in my head. I just had better seats today." Good for you, kid.

Back
Top Bottom