New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Gary was really good last year. Not sure why we are talking about his rookie year.
also when he makes a bad play fielding it’s he stinks. But when he actually has been good behind the plate, it’s it doesn’t matter.

they can go after Realmuto that’s fine.
but let’s not act like Gary is the only one who has been really bad this season. Gardner, Tauchman, Hicks, Ford, Gleyber, Wade, Estrada, Higashioka, Andujar up until 5 games ago all have been really bad.

Gary was really good last year. Not sure why we are talking about his rookie year.
also when he makes a bad play fielding it’s he stinks. But when he actually has been good behind the plate, it’s it doesn’t matter.

they can go after Realmuto that’s fine.
but let’s not act like Gary is the only one who has been really bad this season. Gardner, Tauchman, Hicks, Ford, Gleyber, Wade, Estrada, Higashioka, Andujar up until 5 games ago all have been really bad.
None of those are no where near as bad and if Gary is so Great why is our pitching staff so bad? Yes it’s on the pitchers but the Catcher is definitely a factor.

Been saying Gardy, Hicks and Wade should be gone. But how is a Utility man and scrap minor leaguers being compared to Gary who’s supposed to be an Elite catcher.

I put our future franchise player (Gleyber), our starting CF, and a guy who if he didn’t get TJ last year would likely be our 3B for better or for worse.

Gleyber been in a slump for really the 1st time this bad and is still more productive than Gary and Andujar is working his way back from Major surgery. Gary been slumping for 2 + years. And Tauchman is 4A player if we’re keeping it real. He really didn’t have high expectations and if you had “High” expectations from him based off of his half season last year I don’t know what to tell you. No one in the organization truly Believes he’d be an everyday outfielder on a playoff team off of his 86 game run last year.

Gleyber been in a slump for really the 1st time this bad and is still more productive than Gary and Andujar is working his way back from Major surgery. Gary been slumping for 2 + years. And Tauchman is 4A player if we’re keeping it real. He really didn’t have high expectations and if you had “High” expectations from him based off of his half season last year I don’t know what to tell you. No one in the organization truly Believes he’d be an everyday outfielder on a playoff team off of his 86 game run last year.

I was talking about Hicks not Tauchman.

Stop moving goal posts and being selective. Gleyber has been really bad this year with an exception of a week. Oh but he’s more productive than Gary, barely. And Gary has been terrible hitting this year.

also Gary had 34 HRs and 77 RBIs in 106 games last year. That’s not a slumping. Especially from the Catcher position.

Sanchez is trash, he only hits well when Yankees are doing well, rarely does he actually hit when the team needs him. And in the payoffs? Yeah, I'd rather the team get an automatic out instead of witnessing Gary try to hit. It's PATHETIC.

is the playoffs even realistic at the point? i dont see it happening just the way they are playing...

Sanchez is trash, he only hits well when Yankees are doing well.

This could be said about any player for the most part. There's pretty big pieces missing from the roster, out with injuries. Think what you want about Stanton, and maybe to an extent Judge, but when they're in the lineup, the lineup is instantly better. Everyone else is pitched to differently and see much better pitches. Those two guys add protection throughout the lineup. Urshela out hurts as well. The Gary shaming I'm not going to understand much at all. Could he make some adjustments at the plate? Absolutely. But when he looks a whole lot better at the plate when there's a full lineup behind him and pitchers are more inclined to pitch to him. Would I love the complete package with a player like JT Realamuto? Sure. But that better mean we're getting something good back for Gary.

Pitching hasn't exactly been the greatest either. Paxton being out hurts considering how good he was down the stretch last year but you could tell he was not right this year. Happ is a wash and needs to be unloaded somewhere. Our bullpen outside of the the main three, are a bunch of rookies just getting their feet wet in the league. But with the lineup we're trotting out and how they're performing, you're asking the staff to have to be damn near perfect every night. That's not realistic and has caught up to them.

Bottom line I know every team has injuries and goes through that, but to assume that this team is going to perform just as well as lasts years team that went through the same, isn't a realistic expectation. Was only a matter of time before it caught up to them.

This could be said about any player for the most part. There's pretty big pieces missing from the roster, out with injuries. Think what you want about Stanton, and maybe to an extent Judge, but when they're in the lineup, the lineup is instantly better. Everyone else is pitched to differently and see much better pitches. Those two guys add protection throughout the lineup. Urshela out hurts as well. The Gary shaming I'm not going to understand much at all. Could he make some adjustments at the plate? Absolutely. But when he looks a whole lot better at the plate when there's a full lineup behind him and pitchers are more inclined to pitch to him. Would I love the complete package with a player like JT Realamuto? Sure. But that better mean we're getting something good back for Gary.

Pitching hasn't exactly been the greatest either. Paxton being out hurts considering how good he was down the stretch last year but you could tell he was not right this year. Happ is a wash and needs to be unloaded somewhere. Our bullpen outside of the the main three, are a bunch of rookies just getting their feet wet in the league. But with the lineup we're trotting out and how they're performing, you're asking the staff to have to be damn near perfect every night. That's not realistic and has caught up to them.

Bottom line I know every team has injuries and goes through that, but to assume that this team is going to perform just as well as lasts years team that went through the same, isn't a realistic expectation. Was only a matter of time before it caught up to them.
Team was also riddled with injuries all of last year.....

What about 2018 too? What about those teams that don’t have a monster lineup but the hitters still perform? Isn’t the catcher a little responsible for how the pitching staff performs too? No excuse for a major leaguer to be that bad at the plate no matter what the lineup looks like. Hence why they benched him.

Gary should be in the same Category as Matt Nokes and Kevin Maas.

we might really consider settling down now. Gary's gonna come around, once this lineup gets right. He obviously can't carry the team ...

chill wit that Kevin Maas ****, that's reserved for REAL bums ...

we might really consider settling down now. Gary's gonna come around, once this lineup gets right. He obviously can't carry the team ...

chill wit that Kevin Maas ****, that's reserved for REAL bums ...
I can’t help it. I expected so much more outta him and hes one of the most frustrating players we’ve had in a long time just based off of expectations. Some days he looks like he should be playing single A.

This team was the favorite to win the World Series, injuries or not, we have people who are more than capable of playing well and winning games. We've lost games against bad teams except for the Rays. We should have beaten Baltimore, same thing with the Mets. Those are games that should be won easily. We're losing to bums and one of our "stars" is playing worse than a Single A player.

Back
Top Bottom