New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mariners; 34-17

Some of yall are just weird. We have plenty of things to complain about over the last few years. Cole isn't one of them.

Cole been on my sh*t list since last year giving up in the playoffs. Things weren't going his way , he pulls himself out. Lost so much respect for dude after that ....

I really struggle to think of a worse every day player than Gallo. He should be the odd man out as the year goes on.

Yea idk what's wrong with Gallo. Idc about avg but he's been awful since coming over. His defense and an .850 or so OPS seems perfect for our lineup but he's been abysmal while here.

Listening to WFAN now and they just said Cole's body language seems like he doesn't want to be here, thought i was the only one who thought that. just watching him his last couple starts and just got that feom his vibes, look on his face. U can say I'm overreacting, not giving him a shot, etc . This guy aint the guy we signed. He had fire in Houston, here he seems like he's tired of NY or that spider tack was legitimately helping dude , more than we knew.

I still think dude is a great pitcher, just starting to get the feeling I've had many times with alotta guys. They play great elsewhere, get to the big city and sh*t the bed. Would i sign him again in hindsight ? Of course .. do i think he's comfortable and wants to still be here ? No ..

Just how i feel ...

Listening to WFAN now and they just said Cole's body language seems like he doesn't want to be here, thought i was the only one who thought that. just watching him his last couple starts and just got that feom his vibes, look on his face. U can say I'm overreacting, not giving him a shot, etc . This guy aint the guy we signed. He had fire in Houston, here he seems like he's tired of NY or that spider tack was legitimately helping dude , more than we knew.

I still think dude is a great pitcher, just starting to get the feeling I've had many times with alotta guys. They play great elsewhere, get to the big city and sh*t the bed. Would i sign him again in hindsight ? Of course .. do i think he's comfortable and wants to still be here ? No ..

Just how i feel ...
lol he's literally been the best pitcher in the AL since he got here. He finished 2nd in the CY last year after the sticky stuff was stopped. And here you are trying to determine his desire to be here based on the look on his face. He had a terrible game last night in 40 degrees weather. It happens. You're making way too much out of it. And lol at taking talo radio to heart smh

It's hilarious how bad some of yall ride Cole. Like Stanton has been good, not great, yet we all still like him. Cole has been legit great and worth the money. There's no argument otherwise. So why are we so negative on him? **** is weird.

It's hilarious how bad some of yall ride Cole. Like Stanton has been good, not great, yet we all still like him. Cole has been legit great and worth the money. There's no argument otherwise. So why are we so negative on him? **** is weird.
Def reaching with him being “great and worth the money”.

lol he's literally been the best pitcher in the AL since he got here. He finished 2nd in the CY last year after the sticky stuff was stopped. And here you are trying to determine his desire to be here based on the look on his face. He had a terrible game last night in 40 degrees weather. It happens. You're making way too much out of it. And lol at taking talo radio to heart smh

Best pitcher in the AL ? That's not impressing me, AL pitching sucks. Shane Beiber 's #2, would that be the case in the NL ? What impresses me is not pulling yourself out of the biggest game of the season last yr cause u were gettin rocked and didn't wanna look any worse. Don't gimme that he was hurt sh*t either, he knew he was about to really give it up and basically just quit after 2 innings. And yes I'm still salty bout last yr because of how he stuck his 300 million dollar tail between his legs and quit, especially against the Sox.

So yes, this year he had alot to prove to me as a life-long fan of this team. And so far, I'm not impressed with his start or forgiving of last yr.

And yes, body language is something i look at with everyone. His body language tells me he's either a real jerk ( which he supposedly is ) or just really doesn't wanna be here and can't wait to play out his contract . I even heard he got in Brett Gardner's face and never spoke to him again after Gardner made a joke about spider tack and wore a hat covered in it tryin to lighten the mood in the locker room. They had to be seperated from each other. Brett Gardner was the longest tenured Yankee at the time and he pulls that sh*t ..Trever Bauer can't stand him either, since college, still till this day. Cole's a straight cry baby, players needle each other, thats sports, but this guy has a ridiculous excuse every game he throws a stinker. Never just takes fault for throwing a bad game. Yanks scored too much and the inning was too long, the 4 train was too loud, he has gum on his cleat that he didn't notice, he needed a new tampon. always an excuse instead of just accepting the fact that since that sticky stuff got banned u ain't the same guy. We've all said it here so don't act like it's just me.

And u saying he finished 2nd in the Cy Young last yr don't impress me neither. he got 1 first place vote , so not like it was as close as u make it seem. I been a Yankee fan over 45 yrs, seen alotta guys come here to be a savior only to hear a real Bronx boo once and go cry in a corner. I lived thru those yrs when the entire upper deck was empty. When the only sellouts all yr were when they gave 20,000 people from the Bronx wood bats. So please don't act like I'm some 96'r who jumped on and just started following baseball. The game, not the #'s that everyone's so caught up on ....

Last edited:
Def reaching with him being “great and worth the money”.
He's been the beat pitcher in the AL and top 3 in baseball. How is it a reach to say he's been great and worth the money? If you want to argue no pitcher is, cool, but he's been as good as anyone in the game since here.

Best pitcher in the AL ? That's not impressing me, AL pitching sucks. Shane Beiber 's #2, would that be the case in the NL ? What impresses me is not pulling yourself out of the biggest game of the season last yr cause u were gettin rocked and didn't wanna look any worse. Don't gimme that he was hurt sh*t either, he knew he was about to really give it up and basically just quit after 2 innings. And yes I'm still salty bout last yr because of how he stuck his 300 million dollar tail between his legs and quit, especially against the Sox.

So yes, this year he had alot to prove to me as a life-long fan of this team. And so far, I'm not impressed with his start or forgiving of last yr.

And yes, body language is something i look at with everyone. His body language tells me he's either a real jerk ( which he supposedly is ) or just really doesn't wanna be here and can't wait to play out his contract . I even heard he got in Brett Gardner's face and never spoke to him again after Gardner made a joke about spider tack and wore a hat covered in it tryin to lighten the mood in the locker room. They had to be seperated from each other. Brett Gardner was the longest tenured Yankee at the time and he pulls that sh*t ..Trever Bauer can't stand him either, since college, still till this day. Cole's a straight cry baby, players needle each other, thats sports, but this guy has a ridiculous excuse every game he throws a stinker. Never just takes fault for throwing a bad game. Yanks scored too much and the inning was too long, the 4 train was too loud, he has gum on his cleat that he didn't notice, he needed a new tampon. always an excuse instead of just accepting the fact that since that sticky stuff got banned u ain't the same guy. We've all said it here so don't act like it's just me.

And u saying he finished 2nd in the Cy Young last yr don't impress me neither. he got 1 first place vote , so not like it was as close as u make it seem. I been a Yankee fan over 45 yrs, seen alotta guys come here to be a savior only to hear a real Bronx boo once and go cry in a corner. I lived thru those yrs when the entire upper deck was empty. When the only sellouts all yr were when they gave 20,000 people from the Bronx wood bats. So please don't act like I'm some 96'r who jumped on and just started following baseball. The game, not the #'s that everyone's so caught up on ....
I ain't reading all that. You have no proof he quit and his manager and teammates said the opposite but you're going to think what you want so whatever.

Back
Top Bottom