New York Yankees Official Thread - at BOOSTON, 50-22 - Cole back!?

Yankees position play

AVG / OBP / SLG rank and HR & RBI rank

C: 30th / 30th / 28th 17th HR 28th RBIs
1B: 24th / 20th / 25th 12th HR. 28th RBIs
2B: 8th / 8th / 5th 2nd HR, 9th RBIs
SS: 28th / 23rd / 19th 9th HR, 16th RBIs
3B: 26th / 26th / 26th 16th in HR, 26th in RBIs
LF: 26th / 22nd / 24th. 13th in HR, 20th in RBIs
CF: 20th / 26th / 22nd 12th in HR, 20th in RBIs
RF: 30th / 29th / 13th 2nd in HR, 10th in RBIs
DH: 20th / 6th / 6th. 2nd in HR, 7th in RBIs

Catcher - I'd like to see Wells platoon with Trevino, a very much Posada / Girardi 97 & 98 vibe.

First Base - If Rizzo didn't get concussed, those numbers would be significantly better. He was on pace for a good shot at the All Star Game his slash was .304/.376/.505 11HR 32RBIs at May 28th
Not sure that they can get the guy that I would would want to be a backup just because DJ needs some time at 1B. As I think the utility role is the best for him, and there's only so many games he can get at 2B.

Second Base - Good. DJ as the once a week or less backup.

Third Base - Not sure what direction to go here. Peraza would be the fun idea. BUT, if there's somebody good, and preferably not 137 years old available, I'm fine with trading Peraza.

Short Stop - Some goodness and ugliness with Volpe, just get better Year 1 to Year 2. He's had 1 great month, 1 good month, and 3 really bad months. The unfortunate part is the 2 positive months aren't both 2nd half months, and September has been really bad so far.

Left Field - No internal options here, need to upgrade

Center Field - Martian

Right Field - Judge's splits in RF are rough, and surprised the hell out of me. He'll be fine. Put him in a cryochamber for every moment the Yankees are not playing.

Designated Hitter - Giancarlo is clearly off. He's been injured, and when not injured he's been chasing. There's been short glimmers of hope where it looks like the G of old, but then tweaks an injury and loses progress. Probably would benefit from a new approach to how they handle him, and how he hits.

Yankees position play

AVG / OBP / SLG rank and HR & RBI rank

C: 30th / 30th / 28th 17th HR 28th RBIs
1B: 24th / 20th / 25th 12th HR. 28th RBIs
2B: 8th / 8th / 5th 2nd HR, 9th RBIs
SS: 28th / 23rd / 19th 9th HR, 16th RBIs
3B: 26th / 26th / 26th 16th in HR, 26th in RBIs
LF: 26th / 22nd / 24th. 13th in HR, 20th in RBIs
CF: 20th / 26th / 22nd 12th in HR, 20th in RBIs
RF: 30th / 29th / 13th 2nd in HR, 10th in RBIs
DH: 20th / 6th / 6th. 2nd in HR, 7th in RBIs

Catcher - I'd like to see Wells platoon with Trevino, a very much Posada / Girardi 97 & 98 vibe.

First Base - If Rizzo didn't get concussed, those numbers would be significantly better. He was on pace for a good shot at the All Star Game his slash was .304/.376/.505 11HR 32RBIs at May 28th
Not sure that they can get the guy that I would would want to be a backup just because DJ needs some time at 1B. As I think the utility role is the best for him, and there's only so many games he can get at 2B.

Second Base - Good. DJ as the once a week or less backup.

Third Base - Not sure what direction to go here. Peraza would be the fun idea. BUT, if there's somebody good, and preferably not 137 years old available, I'm fine with trading Peraza.

Short Stop - Some goodness and ugliness with Volpe, just get better Year 1 to Year 2. He's had 1 great month, 1 good month, and 3 really bad months. The unfortunate part is the 2 positive months aren't both 2nd half months, and September has been really bad so far.

Left Field - No internal options here, need to upgrade

Center Field - Martian

Right Field - Judge's splits in RF are rough, and surprised the hell out of me. He'll be fine. Put him in a cryochamber for every moment the Yankees are not playing.

Designated Hitter - Giancarlo is clearly off. He's been injured, and when not injured he's been chasing. There's been short glimmers of hope where it looks like the G of old, but then tweaks an injury and loses progress. Probably would benefit from a new approach to how they handle him, and how he hits.
Agree with with this, for the most part. Really like Trevino and Wells at C. Wells can learn a lot from Trevino.

Need Rodon and Severino to bounce back and we can be OK next year.

give the Angels whatever prospects they want and get Trout here. put the Martian in LF and leave everything else alone.

oh and send Stanton to San Diego or whatever west coast team for a steak dinner. just killing time till football pregame ....

seeing Dominguez in CF and to me he looks like he's not aggressive enuff or doesn't read the ball good to play cf. i notice alot of the time he steps back fielding. he doesn't take control, usually looking like he doesn't wanna get in anyone's way . maybe i'm thinking too hard and he's still very young but just an observation. Trout i don't think would ever move over but cf in Yankee Stadium ain't that much ground to cover compared to other stadiums. LF i think is way more ground to cover.

Probably going to be tough to win when you have 0 hits over 9 innings.

But hey at least the Brewers are being almost as historically terrible today. So there’s hope.

Last edited:
Smh that really sucks. Physically he should be fine but that takes him out of almost all offseason workouts.

what a fuc#en yr :smh:

new_york-new-york-yankees-mf-ys-daffy-duck-plucky-toilet-humor-suck-funny-lol.gif

Yea he has a bigger number per yer than Stanton and I doubt they’d eat any unless we threw in a ton of prospects on top of what would cost to acquire.

Normally Yanks and Sox gets my full attention but tonight they get the PiP screen |l

Let's go Jets ...

Naw.

What are we doing here. You guys want another Giancarlo contract?
EEhh, Trout is still really really good when he's healthy. But yea he's played in 36, 119, and 82 games the last 3 years. You have to go back to 2018 for the last time he played 140 games. Agree with you overall, as good as he is, can't be paying $37m for a guy to play 50% of the games. And it'll only get worse with age.

1694446618881.png

Back
Top Bottom