New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

again
smh.gif

Teixeira is on his game today. He really does start off slow but if he can start hitting early this year it will be great he is a clutch hitter.

Love the new Yankee stadium and I think there will be plenty of HR's hit in this stadium i like that the warning track is kept average unlike Citi Fieldwhere they have the big walls it looks weird.

10-1 Yankees.

I wish this was an interleague game in July. We are playing GREAT baseball.

problems:
centerfield is a wreck, esp that sports bar and its obstructed views. why not just watch the game at home?

too many ads, too much clutter..... where's the box score? hitters count?

we can only see 4 out of town game score at once

not enough blue in the stadium; dark blue is drab

roomier seats? kills the atmosphere

the ball was flying out of the park like mad; something is off.... we're not that good

today= last time the players will be wearing the classic yankee caps..... until next season?

positives:
AJ
jorge
citifield
lol

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

the ball was flying out of the park like mad; something is off.... we're not that good
I am really hoping it was the wind. We are a team built on pitching, and the way the ball flew this weekend, I have a feeling we have a hitterspark on our hands. But how is that possible? It's the same dimensions as the Stadium across the street...

From LoHud: Yankees added Pena to the roster, sent Berroa to the minors and designated Dan Giese for assignment to make room on the 40-man roster.

[h2]http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/04/04/yankees-make-their-choice-pena/[/h2]
[h2]Yankees make their choice: Pena[/h2] April 4
Following today's game, the Yankees added Ramiro Pena to the 40-man roster and reassigned INF Angel Berroa to minor league camp. In order to make room on the 40-man roster, the Yankees designated RHP Dan Giese for assignment.

Pena will wear No. 19.

Instant analysis: This not a move to get to worked up about as Pena will likely be around only until Alex Rodriguez returns. Then Cody Ransom will return to the utility spot.

But it does speak to the change of direction by the Yankees under Joe Girardi that they would take a 23-year-old who has never been above Double-A ball instead of a 31-year-old with eight seasons of big-league experience.

Pena is a superior glove and has some speed, two qualities Girardi treasures. It will be very interesting to see whether the manager will use Pena for defensive purposes at shortstop late in games.

the fans seem more distant from the game
probably a security thing, but it kills the atmosphere

the place is a wreck

Pena got the spot over Berroa, I thought for sure he Pena would start in Triple A.

Kid is nasty with the glove at SS.

the stadium is amazing.

lets just get used to it.

but there's definitely too much commercials & ads.. last night i couldn't find the radar gun anywhere in the stadium.. +%!

That restaurant really is an eye sore.
sick.gif

Other than that the new Stadium looks amazing.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Pena got the spot over Berroa, I thought for sure he Pena would start in Triple A.

Kid is nasty with the glove at SS.
No glove, no love seems to be the new Yankee mantra.
laugh.gif

A-Rod was added to the DL retroactive to March 27. But considering how well the Yankees played this weekend (and the latter part of Spring Training) withouthim, I've almost forgotten he was a Yankee.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
We are gonna crush yall on monday.
pimp.gif
CC FTL. Guthrie FTW. ORIOLES FTW. CAMDEN YARDS FTW. MARKAKIS 4-4 w/ hr,double 4 RBIS. CHEA !!!

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

god speed.

so lets say peace out to this thread.
Not just yet. We need our last Sunday together before the season starts.

Is TBONE making the season thread? I said I would if he wasn't, but he came into this thread and said we slacked with updating this thread
laugh.gif

Let me know. If I don't see it by a decent hour tomorrow, I may go ahead and make it.

true true..

and yo if i don't see a thread please believe ill start it.

and lets do a season thread this year. im tired of golden state fans having a season long of... uhhh we looking better at 12 & 41...

our turn.. the house that rings built bout to get it poppin'
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

true true..

and yo if i don't see a thread please believe ill start it.
But I said I want to start it! No fair! ... Nah I'm kidding
laugh.gif

By the way, the speakers throughout the stadium blew out yesterday.

smh.gif

I knew they were too lound once I sat down and couldn't hear the guy next to me.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom