[[ New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins 2010 ALDS Series Post (NY wins 3-0, advance to the ALCS) ]]

jpzx

Supporter
620osa6pebqkgaybyeeukrkif.gif
  vs. 
1252.gif

a5jji8.jpg

ALDS Series Schedule
Game 1 10/6 @ MIN (Time TBD)
Game 2 10/7 @ MIN (Time TBD)
Game 3 10/9 @ NYY (Time TBD)
*Game 4 10/10 @ NYY (Time TBD)
*Game 5 10/12 @ MIN (Time TBD)

*If necessary.

Let's go.
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96_r.gif
ff1167108f54e54ab54f243277763dfe7cecf171_r.gif

I swear I was in the process of making this thread, but then I refreshed to see if anyone was making it. You can have the thread, but you can't have the series 
grin.gif
(that includes the Vikings/Jets game the week after).

As it stands now, I feel more comfortable playing the Twins than I did the Rangers. No homefield advantage sucks, especially since you guys are enjoying the opening of Target Field. C.C.'s Game 1 start will come pivotal.

JPZx with the quickness...Twins fans shall reign supreme! Really though...The @+%@$@#@%*+@! Yankees!

Twins suck against NY, but I feel they have their best opportunity to upset these guys this series. Don't be surprised if it happens dudes.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Wouldn't be an upset my man, you guys have homefield.

Who outside of the state of Minnesota thinks the Twins are supposed to win this series?

Given the history of the Twins vs. Yankees it would be an upset.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Wouldn't be an upset my man, you guys have homefield.

Who outside of the state of Minnesota thinks the Twins are supposed to win this series?

Given the history of the Twins vs. Yankees it would be an upset.
Exactly. Even with the Shaky pitching and overall ##%$ play the past month, the Yankees are by no means the underdog in this series. The whole AL for that matter is pretty even as far as talent goes. So whoever comes out of the AL will have to earn every win.

I have already seen media picking the Twins.

The media? 
C'mon man. When the odds come out the Yankees will be favored. Vegas is who you listen to. Not the media.

Having said that though, I personally won't be shocked at all if Minnesota squeezes past them.

I agree...there is no way the Yankees are underdogs in this series.

Just because the Twins have homefield and won their division does not make them a better team than the Yankees.

That being said, booy....we better get out the games quick, I do not want to lose game 1 with CC on the hill.

Also Twins fans, do you guys know if Morneau is remotely close to playing?

Also I really hope AJ Burnett is not pitching on the road and or at all.

If Girardi is smart he pitches CC game 1 and Andy game 3. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Phil pitch game 2...am I alone on that?

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I will be at game 3 @ Yankee stadium.
Should be great atmosphere. Game 3 should be real important. Because its either gonna be split or The Yankees could be in a real win or go home game. I dont see the Twins losing both @ home. But hey anything can happen.

I'll be at Game 3.... Hopefully we can get it together.

Not having Home-Field hurts though.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Also Twins fans, do you guys know if Morneau is remotely close to playing?

If Girardi is smart he pitches CC game 1 and Andy game 3. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Phil pitch game 2...am I alone on that?
1. If Morneau returns at all, it wouldn't be until the ALCS. Gardenhire confirmed that.
2. Go... CC Game 1, Pettitte Game 2, Burnett Game 3, Hughes Game 4. That's just my opinion. Pettitte is a road warrior.

I'll be at Game 1
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96_r.gif

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

the twins are the better team right now.

not sure how that is up for debate.
Don't believe anyone is debating this.
There is a lot more than being the better team at the moment to be favored in a series. History and experience being two of the most important. Both go to NY.

Besides that, Minnesota is 3-7 in their last ten...Neither team is hot. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at both team's fanbases arguing "We're the underdogs!" "No we're the underdogs!!"

The Twins have the best record since the All-Star break but check their last ten games. The pitching has fallen off considerably and the runs aren't coming as easy as they had been for about two months. Whether that's due to us clinching early and relaxing... I don't know. I don't like it. However, we were incredibly hot going into the 2009 ALDS and look what it amounted too. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. A clean sweep. Therefore, I'm not going to put too much stock into coming into this series a little bit cold.

Should be fun.
pimp.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ill Try to make it to game 1 or 2 @ Target Field if not then a game 5 (if we theyll even need one 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
)

BRONX BOMBERS ALL DAY!!!!!!

ROAD TO #28 
pimp.gif

Should be a good series.

The Yankees are playing abysmal entering the ALDS, hopefully we can right the ship.

Hopefully Giradi keeps Burnett and Vasquez off the roster.

Should be a good series....I don't really have any confidence in our team right now though....The Twins have been struggling too though, but our pitching outside of CC has been horrible.....It seems like the Yanks can't win at all lately and this is the year for the Twins to take advantage...but in all seriousness the Yanks have owned the Twins the last few years...

If we win Game 1 I would wanna see Hughes game 2....If we lose game 1 I would wanna see Pettitte on the road in game 2 to try to even up the series....Hopefully A-Rod is ready to have another great postseason, and hopefully Jeter wakes the %+@# up

Should be a great series

Be patient with Liriano and they'll win. I'd go CC, Andy and then Hughes. Don't have as much confidence as I did last season.

Gardy needs to have faith in his damn starters and if they're having a good game don't pull them in the 8th or 9th just cause of matchups or some crap he usually does.

Back
Top Bottom