[[ New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins 2010 ALDS Series Post (NY wins 3-0, advance to the ALCS) ]]

Definitely cheering for the Twins here, anyone pulling out a Homer Hanky?

We lit up Liriano last time he pitched...Hope the Yanks can get the first one w/ CC pitching. We steal one on the road, and I don't see them beating us in the Bronx.

We lit up Liriano last time he pitched...Hope the Yanks can get the first one w/ CC pitching. We steal one on the road, and I don't see them beating us in the Bronx.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I will be at game 3 @ Yankee stadium.
Should be great atmosphere. Game 3 should be real important. Because its either gonna be split or The Yankees could be in a real win or go home game. I dont see the Twins losing both @ home. But hey anything can happen.

Couldn't agree more, and if Andy is on the hill I'll be psyched

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I'll be at Game 3.... Hopefully we can get it together.

Not having Home-Field hurts though.

PM me contact info and we can meet up

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Also Twins fans, do you guys know if Morneau is remotely close to playing?

If Girardi is smart he pitches CC game 1 and Andy game 3. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Phil pitch game 2...am I alone on that?
1. If Morneau returns at all, it wouldn't be until the ALCS. Gardenhire confirmed that.
2. Go... CC Game 1, Pettitte Game 2, Burnett Game 3, Hughes Game 4. That's just my opinion. Pettitte is a road warrior.

I'll be at Game 1
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96_r.gif

NO F***ING WAY do I pitch AJ in a game where we can clinch or our lives are at stake.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

the twins are the better team right now.

not sure how that is up for debate.
Don't believe anyone is debating this.
There is a lot more than being the better team at the moment to be favored in a series. History and experience being two of the most important. Both go to NY.

Besides that, Minnesota is 3-7 in their last ten...Neither team is hot. 
that may be the case but after Liriano, I don't trust Slowey or Baker on the road...Pavano is...Pavano
sick.gif
...I think the Twins bats have to carry them if they want to win but them trying to outhit the Yankees will be an uphill battle.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Why aren't you considering it will be 1-1?

I'm sorry, my mistake I left that out.

I think if it's 1-1 you give the ball to AJ

but I wouldn't be happy about it.

per the New York Daily News...

Yankees-Twins ALDS Schedule »

By Mark Feinsand

Here is the official schedule for the best-of-five American League Division Series between the Yankees and Twins.

Game 1
Yankees (LHP CC Sabathia) at Twins (RHP Francisco Liriano)
Target Field, 8:37 p.m. ET

Game 2
Yankees (TBA) at Twins (RHP Carl Pavano)
Target Field, 6:07 p.m. ET

Game 3
Twins (LHP Brian Duensing) at Yankees (TBA)
Yankee Stadium, 8:37 p.m. ET

Game 4*
Twins (RHP Nick Blackburn) at Yankees (TBA)
Yankee Stadium, TBA

Game 5*
Yankees (TBA) at Twins (TBA)
Target Field, TBA

Definitely not in front of Duensing. Dude has been lights out since August.

Blackburn is a toss-up... to be honest I'd rather have Baker in over either of them. Blackburn found himself after being called up from Triple-A a couple months ago, but recently has struggled. Slowey is so up and down you don't know what you're going to get. Baker has pitched well recently, so if I were Ron Gardenhire he would be my #4 starter.

I don't know if the Twins could match up with that Yankees offense yet again, but the Yankees pitching has been sus for a bit.

You have to start Hughes for Game 2 IMO, with Andy Game 3 and AJ Game 4.

Baker over Slowey JPZ??????

no way

Sure Baker can get some K's but he is a walking 4 earned runs. At least dude always gives up hard long hits.

Hype for this series.. I think Yanks still got it.. I say our chances are better against the Twins than Rangers right now.

Only time AJ should see the mound this postseason is if it's 2-1, 3-1 or 3-0 in the ALCS or WS.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Only time AJ should see the mound this postseason is if it's 2-1, 3-1 or 3-0 in the ALCS or WS and the Yankees have a 10+ run lead in said game.

Fixed.

Back
Top Bottom