News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Saw this on another site. Sky High and Jumper are getting sequels. I liked Sky High and I thought it had potential but fell a little short. Jumper wasn't bad it's just that Hayden christensen was terrible

I'd rather Push get a sequel. That's a movie that had some real cool ideas
I don't remember much but I think Sky High was the G rated movie about children/teenagers with super powers in a school?

The Jumper "sequel" I hear is gonna be on YouTube or something as a series I guess and it's based off the 3rd book which is about the daughter of the main character from the movie/1st book.

I liked Jumper. I said it before on here but I'd mash Jumper, Next, and Push altogether. Like them all for what they were. All had potential.

I don't object to a Captain Planet movie. But dark and gritty?

Cmon now :lol:
Pollution is serious.
Yeah. It'll be taken seriously. That's why I think grim and gritty is the approach.

It's probably gonna be more a sci fi take on Captain Planet with a prioritized grounded sobering take on the problems of pollution.

CP may snap the necks of every polluter in China.

Last edited:
I don't remember much but I think Sky High was the G rated movie about children/teenagers with super powers in a school?

The Jumper "sequel" I hear is gonna be on YouTube or something as a series inguess and it's based off the 3rd book which is about the daughter of the main character from the movie/1st book.

I liked Jumper. I said it before on here but I'd mash Jumper, Next, and Push altogether. Like them all for what they were. All had potential.
Yeah. It'll be taken seriously. That's why I think grim and gritty is the approach.

It's probably gonna be more a sci fi take on Captain Planet with a prioritized grounded sobering take on the problems of pollution.

When you put it like that then maybe Leo on to something. Only thing is it won't be too dark and gritty they gonna want merchandise the hell outta it.

Ouija 2 up to 91% 
eek.gif

Saw this on another site. Sky High and Jumper are getting sequels. I liked Sky High and I thought it had potential but fell a little short. Jumper wasn't bad it's just that Hayden christensen was terrible

The Jumper "sequel" I hear is gonna be on YouTube or something as a series inguess and it's based off the 3rd book which is about the daughter of the main character from the movie/1st book.

Pollution is serious.

I don't know about Next, but Push and jumper def could be in the same universe

Pollution is serious.

I don't know about Next, but Push and jumper def could be in the same universe
Well Push was based off a comic and they continued it with another mini and introduced teleporters but they weren't called jumpers but something else.

Next I think could work even though based on movies that one leaned more on action sci-fi than it did a world of of ppl with abilities.

Movies can do the sometimes :lol: first is just whatever and forgettable and the second suddenly has nowhere to go but up so they shoot for the moon :lol:

Warner Bros. and Team Downey Set Writers’ Room for ‘Sherlock Holmes 3’

Though his “Avengers” film begins production in February, Robert Downey Jr. is still focused on getting his next “Sherlock Holmes” movie off the ground.

Sources tell Variety that Warner Bros., Village Roadshow and Team Downey have selected a writers’ room that includes “Guardians of the Galaxy” scribe Nicole Perlman, “Baywatch” scribe Justin Malen, “Rogue One” writer Gary Whitta, “Tomb Raider” Geneva Dworet-Robertson and “Snowden” screenwriter Kieran Fitzgerald to help shape the script and story for next installment.

First Look At The New Xenomorphs, Facehuggers & More From ALIEN: COVENANT

Last edited:
'Deadpool' Director Shifts to Sony's 'Sonic the Hedgehog' Movie

The plan is to make a hybrid CG-animated/live-action family film, exec produced by Tim Miller.
Just over a week after stepping away from Deadpool, director Tim Miller has set his sights on a new gig: developing an adaptation of Sonic the Hedgehog for Sony Pictures.

Miller and his longtime Blur Studio collaborator Jeff Fowler have been tapped to work on the project, on which Fowler would make his feature directorial debut.

The duo are working with Neal H. Moritz (the Fast and Furious franchise), who is producing the adaptation. Miller will act as an executive producer on it.

Sonic the Hedgehog centers on Sonic and his friends, such as Tails and Knuckles, who run around collecting items and points as they attempt to foil the global domination plans of Doctor Eggman Robotnik. The game was first released by Sega in 1991, with the character becoming one of the world’s biggest gaming icons. More than 350 million copies, including both packaged and digital games, have been sold on various platforms.

The plan is to make a hybrid CG-animated/live-action family film. Patrick Casey and Josh Miller, who created Golan the Insatiable, are writing the script.

Miller and Fowler were nominated for a best animated short Oscar in 2005 for their farm animal-centric Gopher Broke (Fowler write and directed, Miller executive produced). The two also have been developing, with David Fincher, an animated adaptation of cult comic The Goon.

Said Miller of his cohort: “Jeff is an incredible director with strong story instincts. The world of Sonic presents the perfect opportunity for him to leverage his experience in animation to bring new dimension to this iconic character.”

Sony Pictures and Marza Animation Planet, a CG animation film production company of the SEGA SAMMY Group, will be the production titles behind the movie.

I mean individually, those Sonic characters are like DP; Sonic, Knuckles, etc. He may get some leeway since its live action.

Johnny Depp To Co-Star In J.K. Rowling’s ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Sequel At Warner Bros

Johnny Depp is joining the cast of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, playing a co-starring role in the sequel which David Yates will direct early next year with Eddie Redmayne again in the lead role of Newt Scamander. I’ve confirmed this, but no one is saying exactly what role that Depp will play. But I believe that if you look carefully, you might spot him in a tiny turn in the first installment of the J.K. Rowling-created Harry Potter spinoff, which Warner Bros opens November 18. We’ll just have to wait and see how Depp complements the adventures of writer Newt Scamander in New York’s secret community of witches and wizards, 70 years before Harry Potter reads his book in school.

Made a thread for the film too since it is now a 5-parter: http://niketalk.com/t/655486/fantastic-beasts-where-to-find-them-11-18-16

yup

JK Rowling Says ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Franchise Will Span 5 Movies

also from the same link:

In addition, director David Yates, who beamed into the TCL Chinese Theatre from London via satellite with Rowling and Harry Potter film series producer David Heyman, also teased that the second movie in the follow-up series will be set in another global capital city — though he wouldn’t say which one. Another tease: he said the first Fantastic Beasts will feature a cameo by a young Albus Dumbledore as well as another character from the original Harry Potter movies, Gellert Grindelwald.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom