News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Haven't heard anything about life negative or positive

Just saw the double toasted review up

Last edited:
Lara Croft

Last edited:
Check out an excerpt of GQ‘s interview with director Roar Uthaug below and head on over to the publication’s website to read it in its entirety.

Tomb Raider hits theaters in 2018.

How far along are you in filming right now?
We are just wrapping up the South African portion of our location shoot and will proceed next to London.

Video game movies have a reputation for disappointing both critics and fans of the games. What will make your Tomb Raider different?
We drew a lot of inspiration and reference from the game and the entire Tomb Raider canon to develop our world, and I believe fans will recognize that. At the same time, this is a completely different theatrical approach to Lara Croft that will offer something new in the origin and development of the character. It’s a story that not only highlights her incredible physical accomplishments but delves deeper into her humanity.

Other than the Tomb Raider franchise, what are your influences for the new movie?
I’m inspired by other modern action movies as well as classic survival movies. And I’m also trying to bring some of my European sensibilities when it comes to character development. Striving to combine all of this into a rollercoaster of a movie.

Have you seen the two Tomb Raider movies starring Angelina Jolie? If so, what do you think of them?

I’ve seen the films—they were a lot of fun and Angelina Jolie was a terrific Lara Croft. We are [making] a very different film, an origin story and I think fans will love Alicia in the role.

'Jumanji': The Rock Shows Off Crowd-Pleasing First Footage at CinemaCon

Star Dwayne Johnson revealed the clever conceit of the Sony project, and its new title: 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.'
Dwayne Johnson brought something big to close out Sony's CinemaCon panel Monday night: the first look at Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.

Here's a breakdown of the footage to the newly retitled film:

The footage begins with four high schoolers in detention. Their teacher orders them to clean out the basement of the school, and they find an old video game console, which features the game Jumanji. You pick a character, and as the teens learn you are that person in the game ... which transports you to a jungle.

One rather nerdy boy is surprised (and rather pleased) to see he's got the muscles of The Rock. The popular girl in school is horrified to learn she's got the body of Jack Black.

So yep, part of the fun of this movie is Black is playing a teenage girl and the Rock is playing a nerd. As for star Karen Gillan's controversial skimpy costume, as The Rock promised months ago, yes, there's a reason for it.

Earlier during the panel, Johnson spoke of meeting Robin Williams, who starred in the original 1995 hit, backstage at CinemaCon years ago, and said the new film would be a "big" and "global" homage to the first Jumanji.

Stars Nick Jonas, Gillan and Black also were on hand, with Black singing an comical, impromptu theme song for the movie. He also said that shooting in Hawaii may sound nice, but it's actually kind of "hellish" and took a shot at Leonardo DiCaprio for braving harsh conditions for The Revenant.

"You try to make a movie in Hawaii!" Black said, with The Rock noting, "That's just one bear. We call ******** on that."

Kevin Hart (Moose Finbar) appeared via a video message, with the team poking fun at their missing co-star.

Jumanji is from director Jake Kasdan and opens Dec. 22.

'The Dark Tower' Brings Dream-Like First Footage to CinemaCon

The adaptation of the Stephen King series is set for July 28.
The Gunslinger pursued The Man in Black all the way to Las Vegas, where the first footage of The Dark Tower screened at CinemaCon Monday.

No trailer has yet been released of the film, so anticipation for a first look was high. (Plans for a trailer release in October 2016 didn't materialize, and in November the film was pushed from February 2016 to July of this year.)

The Dark Tower, an adaptation of Stephen King's popular fantasy series of books, stars Idris Elba as the Gunslinger Roland Deschain, a man on a quest to save Mid-World. Matthew McConaughey stars as the antagonist The Man in Black, while Tom Taylor plays the young boy Jake, who lives in New York but has dreams of Roland's world.

In footage shown Monday, there's plenty to see from all three characters.

The footage opens with a look at a door frame standing free in the middle of a baron landscape. It then it cuts to Roland in the desert as the famous opening line to King's The Gunslinger, the first volume in the series, is displayed on screen: "The Man in Black fled across the Desert, and the Gunslinger followed.”

The footage gives a strong idea of just what The Man in Black is capable of, and it's scarily creepy. Roland and The Man in Black then square off, with Roland telling the villain, "I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart." He fires at The Man in Black, who catches the bullet from behind his back.

The footage then cuts to the young boy Jake, who lives in New York but has dreams of Roland and a Dark Tower that must stay standing or else billions will die. Jake's therapist tried to tell him it's a dream, but Jake doesn't believe it. Soon, he is shown exploring an abandoned building, where he discovers a portal that takes him to Roland's world.

Soon, he presents Roland with one of the drawings the boy made of him from his dreams, and Roland explains that as long as The Man in Black is out there, the Tower will fall and Hell will follow.

There are slow-mo shots, including a big fight between the Gunslinger and The Man in Black, as well as an extended look at Roland's prowess with his guns: when Jake is kidnapped, Roland shoots the man who did it from hundreds of yards away, simply by listening to where the bad guy is.

Quite a shot.

The Columbia Pictures film is directed by Nikolaj Arcel and produced by Sony, Media Rights Capital, Imagine Entertainment and Weed Road Pictures, with Sony and MRC co-financing. It opens July 28.

Just saw life it was ok. Better than o thought it would be but i wished we would ve gotteb more science before we went full horror.

so it wasn't a secret tie in to Spiderman? I heard before the movie came out some people were hoping the "life" alien was gonna turn out to be Venom

it was just a fan prediction from reddit

I think Reynolds would be pissed if he was somehow shoehorned into a Spidey/Venom movie-verse without knowing it, would probably violate his Fox contract too

I hope that Valerian movie is as good as The Fifth Element. Maybe the director can create magic again. I always want more fun, space adventures.

That's way too close. Star Wars second weekend can be as big as a lot of other movies' first.

Christmas winter break they banking on families on break and people who already saw it first week, they gonna be happen with whatver left on thw plate that month

plus it's budget is probably pretty low so they have faith it'll make a decent amount

they must have huge faith in The Rock if Jumanji is opening a week after. I don't even remember other movies that came out when TFA dropped. After I saw that twice in the theaters I shifted to seeing the award type films, so those other movies like Jumanji didn't even stand a chance. They gonna move that date to next year. If they don't, that means they don't even respect their own work. At least let this movie make the most it can without having the hugest shadow cast over it
I mean even on a marketing level, it's not a good look, they gotta wait and see when SW trailers and promos will be dropping. SW can make anyone fan or non-fan forget about anything that's coming out remotely close to it.

Man I'm happy i watched that IT trailer on my computer :lol:

If it's rated R i'll support it for for sure. Mike Wheeler flourishing :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom