Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

The Next-Gen Xbox Is Getting a Hell of an Exclusive, Sources Say

STEPHEN TOTILO
Today 5:34pm

The long-awaited first game from Respawn Entertainment—the studio helmed by the creators of Call of Duty—will be exclusive to the next-gen Xbox, according to two unrelated sources familiar with the game. One of our sources indicates that there will also be an Xbox 360 version, but no versions for rival PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.

The new game from Respawn is a futuristic multiplayer-centric online shooter, one of our sources says. The source describes the game as a battle of Davids and Goliaths. The Davids are heavily-armed foot soldiers. The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons—Titans—that these soldiers can pilot. These Titans are big mech-style walkers that move with an agility not seen in games like Mechwarrior or Steel Battalions.

To keep the action balanced, game maps limit the number of Titans that can be used in a skirmish. Weapon loadouts for the foot soldiers are designed to ensure that the characters on foot can take out the Titans if need be. The source who described the game does not work at Respawn, but their description tracks with the long-reported desire by the former Infinity Ward team to make a sci-fi shooter.

The new Respawn game, one of our sources tells us, is made on a modified version of Valve's Source engine, not on internal EA tech. The source believes the game looks very good on Durango but not as good as EA's internally-made Battlefield 4. That source also says that Respawn is only working on the Durango version of the game and is hand-picking a studio to make the 360 edition.

The Respawn game's multiplayer will operate on a grand scale, one of our sources said, with players picking between two massive factions and with all of their experience in the game counting toward the progress of their faction. The source said multiplayer would support 16 players but that Respawn would add AI-controlled characters to make the action more frenetic and to give novice players a greater chance to score some kills.

We've heard from other sources that Microsoft is not where they want to be at this point in the pre-launch development of Durango. A reliable source—one who was not part of our reporting about the Respawn game—tells us that Microsoft is as much as six months behind in producing content for the new console, despite an expected late-2013 launch. Another tells us that Microsoft recently cancelled several internal next-gen projects because they were not coming together as hoped.
We'd also heard from an industry insider that Microsoft was aggressively trying to sign exclusive games for Durango.

http://kotaku.com/the-next-gen-xbox-is-getting-a-hell-of-an-exclusive-so-484785241

Last edited:
Respawn's game is a bombshell if it true.

Damn I wish this news didn't leak and the announcement took place at E3. Neogaf would have melted

If that's true, I would describe it as a massive coup.

That's assuming that the game will be good.

If that's true, I would describe it as a massive coup.

That's assuming that the game will be good.

That team has never made a bad game.

But with that being said, the two major guys responsible for the design of CoD 4s multiplayer, are no longer with the studio

Last edited:
Well you can see who has money in this thread
laugh.gif
 Y'all cant even afford a PS3

http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

This is what Hybrid is refering too when he mentions two devices. Backwards compatibility will be done through a ($99 dollar) xbox360 mini which will connect to the XBox 720 if you want backwards compatibility and the TV features. It's a good way to deal with backwards compatibility but still not the ideal way.

I think what everyone is waiting for is the always online news but I don't think MS will do it even though rumors about it haven't stopped.

So there has been a bunch of rumours going around.

One being the the new xbox won't be using any disc... Pretty much meaning they can make games as big ad they like. I want to post the link but I honestly can't find it.

I was just wondering had anyone else heard this?

if that exclusive game is a FPS, meehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  you can only play fps for so long.  Never buying another CoD game.

How many hours/days have you put into FPS from MW - Black Ops 2?  Essentially the same games.  There are better quality games out there.

if that exclusive game is a FPS, meehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  you can only play fps for so long.  Never buying another CoD game.

How many hours/days have you put into FPS from MW - Black Ops 2?  Essentially the same games.  There are better quality games out there.

I have like 30 days playtime on MW2 alone.

THIRTY. DAYS.

That's an entire month of my life GONE.

And that's not even including MW, MW3, Halo 3, or Halo Reach.

:smh:

Now I feel shame.

So there has been a bunch of rumours going around.

One being the the new xbox won't be using any disc... Pretty much meaning they can make games as big ad they like. I want to post the link but I honestly can't find it.

I was just wondering had anyone else heard this?

The rumor is that the new slim Xbox 360 will have no CD drive not the 360's successor. This is to make it smaller to compete with apple TV and for the backwards compatibility since it will connect to the new Xbox.

As for game sizes, I think 50GB dual layer Blu-ray disks should be enough since most games this gen are a lot smaller except the PS3 exclusives.

There's a vid out on the illumiroom. Looks nice but don't think I need it for gaming, but for movies :x

I hope studios start filming for this tech screw 3D

Last edited:
There's a vid out on the illumiroom. Looks nice but don't think I need it for gaming, but for movies
sick.gif

Seems like a really sophisticated gimmick.

There's a vid out on the illumiroom. Looks nice but don't think I need it for gaming, but for movies :x

Really...I thought it was a pretty weak gimmick. Kinda like those TV's that used to glow the same color as what was on screen.

Back
Top Bottom